Bournemouth bastards in town 16-18 Feb

PaddockLad

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Oh yeah pre game, does Mad Mick still do his routine with the away fans? Was it him that did it? 😆 someone said he is at the Wonderbar nowadays? Is it worth going @Christmas Tree ?? 

Wonderbar is magnificent pre game but not sure how they are with away fans. Cant recall seeing any in there when Ive been. Big breasted ladies walking round flogging shots, cracking music and loads of football chants and dancing on tables. :lol: 

10 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Ok… now the boxing has been cancelled the pressure is on Friday night’s shenanigans… we should be out 3/4ish and we’ll be wandering into town along the quayside…looking for suggestions along roughly this route… where’s good for Friday after work pints? Possibly somewhere full of post work young lasses for the significant youth element of our party? (Honest, two sets of dads/lads & the lads’ mates 😆) Then later I take it the Gate is where the action is?  For the older crowd I think Popworld is now at the bottom of the Bigg Market? Any alternatives? TIA :good: 

IMG_3754.jpeg

I made the mistake of going to the big market for a few after the West Ham game last season. It’s worse than I remember 

Wonderbar is dogshit but people lap it up and I actually think it’s what most people expect when they hear Newcastle is a great night out. Last work night out, I ended up in Mayfair which was similarly shit but everyone else seemed to like it. That’s just by The Gate, it was Sam Jacks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

That sounds absolutely fucking horrific :lol: 

:lol:

Well it’s not for me , that’s why am not properly sure where to go …. I’d rather go to the Bodega or spend the night down Ouseburn but that’s not your average punters idea of what a night out in Newcastle is about as AH says…. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Wonderbar is dogshit but people lap it up and I actually think it’s what most people expect when they hear Newcastle is a great night out. Last work night out, I ended up in Mayfair which was similarly shit but everyone else seemed to like it. That’s just by The Gate, it was Sam Jacks

I think if I keep them in the Gste/Bigg Market area in general we should be ok :good: 

• Like 1

On 10/02/2024 at 09:53, PaddockLad said:

I think if I keep them in the Gste/Bigg Market area in general we should be ok :good: 

It'll be dead most places tbh. Friday's as a big night out has died IMO. It's only really busy on a Saturday these days. You might be able to get some of the younger lads molested by a nanna in Cosy Joes though :thumbsup:

• Haha 4

PL, are these mates or are you getting paid to do this? If the former, get new mates. If the latter, we should geta cut and be charging you. Well, the toontastic posse on here advising you that is, not me or Alex. 👍

11 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

It'll be dead most places tbh. Friday's as a big night out has died IMO. It's only really busy on a Saturday these days. You might be able to get some of the younger lads molested by a nanna in Cosy Joes though :thumbsup:

Fuck them, it’s the hope of that sort of hot action for myself that’s taking me north in the first place 😀

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

PL, are these mates or are you getting paid to do this? If the former, get new mates. If the latter, we should geta cut and be charging you. Well, the toontastic posse on here advising you that is, not me or Alex. 👍

Tbh no fuckers come up with anything that I couldn’t work out for myself… no one seems to have even heard of Mad Mick Edomondson DJ to the toon army, let alone where he performs pre match :lol: 

I’ve known all these >30 years , a couple since primary school (I was born in Poole where I live now, we moved north when I was 10) so I’ve always thought the saying” you can pick your friends but you can’t pick your family” isn’t always the case, sometimes your friends pick you and you’re  just stuck with the cunts for life 😆

image.gif.499c8ca5e5635f9dffa1eaad51753906.gif

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Tbh no fuckers come up with anything that I couldn’t work out for myself… no one seems to have even heard of Mad Mick Edomondson DJ to the toon army, let alone where he performs pre match :lol: 

I’ve known all these >30 years , a couple since primary school (I was born in Poole where I live now, we moved north when I was 10) so I’ve always thought the saying” you can pick your friends but you can’t pick your family” isn’t always the case, sometimes your friends pick you and you’re  just stuck with the cunts for life 😆

image.gif.499c8ca5e5635f9dffa1eaad51753906.gif

I told ya Mad Mick does pre match Wunderbar 

I was born in Poole where I live now, we moved north when I was 10

tenor.gif

Oh. 

My. 

God. 

Actual southern, shandy-drinking la la. 

• Haha 3

Ah dinnae. Sometimes yer mates pick yer and yer just stuck we the cunts fae awl ya puff, ken? 

C;assic trainspotting type quote that (slight artistic license taken). So some of these mates are -erm - more on the mature side and still want to do this nonsense? I reckon you should organise transport to do a pub crawl of Wooler.

Angel, Black Bull, No 1, the one on the static caravan park next to the ice cream shop with the plastic cow, back up for duck pizza at Milan, and a fight at last orders at the Anchor. 👍 

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Renton said:

C;assic trainspotting type quote that (slight artistic license taken). So some of these mates are -erm - more on the mature side and still want to do this nonsense? I reckon you should organise transport to do a pub crawl of Wooler.

Angel, Black Bull, No 1, the one on the static caravan park next to the ice cream shop with the plastic cow, back up for duck pizza at Milan, and a fight at last orders at the Anchor. 👍 

You’ve just described our basic saturday  night circa 1986 with such uncanny accuracy you were undoubtedly there too :lol: 

A lass from Wooler stole a fiver from me, I can’t remember the exact circumstances but I can still see her vixen-like face 😒

• Haha 2

Just now, Monkeys Fist said:

How long did it take for your schoolmates to beat the accent out of you? 

That’s a very interesting and painful point :lol: 

Me and my sister speak fairly Scottish, our younger brother to this day has a massive Daarset hangover to the extent that he sounds fairly South African to the untrained ear :cuppa: 

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...

This came through on youtube feed. Some Bournemouth fans rating Newcastle as an away day. Don't tell the mackems but so far we are top of the league. :)

• Haha 2