Coldplay

LeazesMag

Coldplay have scooped two prizes at the Q Awards ceremony in London, including best album for Viva La Vida or Death To All Their Friends.

The band, fronted by Chris Martin, also won best act in the world today.

Welsh star Duffy picked up best breakthrough, while Keane won best track for comeback song Spiralling.

The music magazine also honoured veteran artists including Grace Jones, who was named Q idol, and Glen Campbell, winner of the legend award.

Picking up the best album prize, Chris Martin warned the crowd he was going to bore them, before launching into a rambling acceptance speech.

At one point, he declared Coldplay were "the greatest band in the world", before adding bashfully: "U2 are on holiday".

Meat Loaf was presented with the classic song award for his epic Bat Out Of Hell.

The singer turned up at the ceremony sporting a cut eye and looking unwell, telling reporters he would have to visit a doctor because he was suffering from vertigo.

He left the ceremony soon after picking up his award from comedian Al Murray.

Pink Floyd's David Gilmour, meanwhile, was honoured with the outstanding contribution to music award.

Kaiser Chiefs walked off with best live act, beating current album chart toppers Kings of Leon, while Vampire Weekend's A Punk was judged best video.

But the New York band lost out in the best new act category to The Last Shadow Puppets, and were also overlooked for best album in favour of Coldplay.

The Ting Tings were shortlisted in three categories, but left the ceremony empty-handed.

Both nominees and winners wee selected by readers of the monthly music magazine.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7654844.stm

Q magazine prove Thompers to have been right all along.

Unban him so we can all apologise please.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coldplay have scooped two prizes at the Q Awards ceremony in London, including best album for Viva La Vida or Death To All Their Friends.

The BBC's editor is clearly not a Coldplay fan, spot the deliberate mistake. :(

Class :(

are you an ateaser?

Would you care you emulate on that?

ateaseweb.com

you know

no.1 radiohead fan site

Nope.

For music I only use music radar.

For Radiohead I get my B-Sides and stuff off a friend of a friend who rapidshares them

;)

amusing thread.

thompers was pretty good in small doses.

Anyway. American Idiot and Warning, by Greenday, are the best 2 CD's I've heard in ages.

:lol:

:razz:

I'm not reading 30000 pages but I thought Greenday were mentioned in this somewhere.............

amusing thread.

thompers was pretty good in small doses.

Anyway. American Idiot and Warning, by Greenday, are the best 2 CD's I've heard in ages.

:lol:

American Idiot is a fantastic album - Warning not so much but still reasonable.

• 1 month later...