Coldplay

LeazesMag

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't they only got three like? It's not exactly a Bowie or Dylan discography we're talking about...

109206[/snapback]

Aye, and the standard/style is pretty much uniform accross them. For me their best tracks are:

Shiver

Trouble

Everything's Not Lost

Politik

God Put A Smile On Your Face

Fix You

Til Kingdom Come

So Parachutes wins with 3 of my favourites.

Haven't they only got three like? It's not exactly a Bowie or Dylan discography we're talking about...

109206[/snapback]

Aye, and the standard/style is pretty much uniform accross them. For me their best tracks are:

Shiver

Trouble

Everything's Not Lost

Politik

God Put A Smile On Your Face

Fix You

Til Kingdom Come

So Parachutes wins with 3 of my favourites.

109210[/snapback]

The Scientist is my favourite. The first two albums were OK but I seriously cannot stand X and Y for some reason.

I think all 3 albums are very good, but very similar, I find their music a little too bleak for my tastes but I can gladly listen to 4 or 5 of their tracks before I'm considering phoning the samaratans !

Yeah all 3 are pretty similar but i love the CD a Rush of Blood to the Head. I liked all there songs on it so yeah it is a grand CD and one i would reccomend. Didnt think X&Y was better then it though. Get Rush of Blood to the Head if anything.

I'm having real problems picturing the Leazes fella sitting listening to Coldplay. :lol:

109376[/snapback]

A band who spend all their time bitching and moaning while rehashing the same sound over and over again, apparently oblivious to the fact that things have moved on in the wider world. Nope, I can't see it either....

The vast majority of opinions seem to think listening to Coldplay isn't such a good idea after all...

Maybe I'll stick to Genesis and Free

The vast majority of opinions seem to think listening to Coldplay isn't such a good idea after all...

109385[/snapback]

:lol:

Give yourself a treat, try some Necro, or Lightning bolt.

109385[/snapback]

109386[/snapback]

divvent consider myself to be a novice in the music stakes or anything, but I've never heard of either of them

109385[/snapback]

109386[/snapback]

divvent consider myself to be a novice in the music stakes or anything, but I've never heard of either of them

109387[/snapback]

Wasn't suggesting you're a novice but Genesis, Free and Coldplay could be considered a bit MOR (though they've all got class tunes in my opinion).

I was just suggesting a couple of artists off the beaten track for you. If trying a bit of Coldplay is adventurous for you, then you probably won't enjoy either like. But Lightning Bolt are the heaviest Bass & Drum combo I've ever heard with hooks to die for. And Necro is one sadistic mo fo.

109385[/snapback]

109386[/snapback]

109387[/snapback]

Wasn't suggesting you're a novice but Genesis, Free and Coldplay could be considered a bit MOR (though they've all got class tunes in my opinion).

I was just suggesting a couple of artists off the beaten track for you. If trying a bit of Coldplay is adventurous for you, then you probably won't enjoy either like. But Lightning Bolt are the heaviest Bass & Drum combo I've ever heard with hooks to die for. And Necro is one sadistic mo fo.

109430[/snapback]

naah mate, appreciate it. Its just that I'm a 70's rock child.....with a big collection from that era, but absolutely no idea of the newer bands. Was just fancying giving something different a listen, if you think I might like one of those two you mention, then I might

if you think I might like one of those two you mention, then I might

109442[/snapback]

Lightning Bolt are doing what Led Zeppellin or Black Sabbath did years ago, making a racket like you've never heard. You might like them.

• 2 years later...

Song from the new album available for free download at www.coldplay.com

Only one track but suggests they're dropping the piano led sound.

Not sure yet. Uninspired guitar solo, sounds a bit sub-oasis.

Oops, got to the outro and they couldn't resist a bit piano.

I heard a bit of their interview on Radio 1 yesterday where they were asked what the song was about and they refused to tell them. Fucking cock ends.

And the new song is as shite as 90% of the rest of their stuff.