Jenas's Miss

JawD

The former Newcastle player rounded Shay Given with an open net in front of him when he fluffed his shot into the side netting when he could have squared the ball to Robbie Keane.

"It's disappointing for me because I did so well to even get there in the first place," Jenas said.

"I did all the hard work but took my mind off the important bit at the end.

"It's just one of those things, maybe at the end of my career I can laugh at it but it hurt very much at the time."

The England international is focusing on Spurs' final six games of the season before trying to think too much of the England squad for this summer's World Cup.

"I'd be lying if I said it's not in a lot of people's minds," Jenas told Sky Sports News.

"Spurs are the reason I'm playing for England in the first place so I want to achieve what I can for them first and come the end of the season, if I'm in the squad, then I'll be delighted."

"It's been tough but it was always going to be tough with the teams up there.

"Our home form has really helped throughout so it's been good.

"We've worked really hard and got a good set of players with lots of ability.

"I can't predict the future but I'm confident in my team's ability and we know we're capable of achieving it."

Like I said, with Davids and Carrick next to me I dare say I'd look good passing it backwards all the time.

"It's disappointing for me because I did so well to even get there in the first place"

Yes, running in a forward direction in the oppositions half is a difficult concept for JJ, and he was lucky anyway as Elliott gave him the fucker.

I'm a fan btw. :lol:

So has he forgotten all the times he was called up prior to last August then? :lol:

116255[/snapback]

Memory like a goldfish?

116501[/snapback]

:lol: Good one

So has he forgotten all the times he was called up prior to last August then? :lol:

116255[/snapback]

Well to be fair to Jenas he's not going to say "Sven keeps picking me no matter how bad I play or which team I play for, fuck knows why", is he? :lol:

116255[/snapback]

Well to be fair to Jenas he's not going to say "Sven keeps picking me no matter how bad I play or which team I play for, fuck knows why", is he? :lol:

116900[/snapback]

I know why.

Alledgedly.