Gold threads from other boards

peasepud

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you need so powerful computers in your house?

Was always into computers *shrugs* whether it was hardware, networking or coding.

built my first pc from scratch when i was 13, snowballed from there doing things just to see if i could really, which has somewhat paid off considering what i do for work, and i didn't need to goto uni to make it happen.

The one in the picture is a media/gaming rig attached to 5.1 dolby speakers and a 32" hdtv, use it for gaming and day to day things email/net or whatever.

Fuck :scratchchin:

I'd love to be able to build my own computer but i wouldn't have a clue what to do. I want to change the RAM on this laptop already to about 3gb but i don't have a clue.

seems easy enough. Just seen a 2gig RAM on ebay for an Acer E525 for £37.99 which i will probably get.

On the back cover it actually doesn't say RAM, there's two different slots one is a picture one is a cylinder thing which im guessing is relating to the processor, there's another little chip thing its like a rectangle and the right side is like jagged edges, would this be the RAM?

So which do ye reckon the RAM would be? cylinder or rectangle with jagged edges

If you take a small screwdriver and touch it across a couple of the terminals joining the jagged edge thing to the board the laptop will beep once if its the Hard Drive,twice for RAM. If you dont get a beep then wet the screwdriver and try again.

So which do ye reckon the RAM would be? cylinder or rectangle with jagged edges

If you take a small screwdriver and touch it across a couple of the terminals joining the jagged edge thing to the board the laptop will beep once if its the Hard Drive,twice for RAM. If you dont get a beep then wet the screwdriver and try again.

Pud, don't forget you have more chance of the correct result when standing in a bucket of water.

alright, i got the screwdrivers so, do they really need to be put in boiling water or are you taking the piss :scratchchin:?

Boiled to buggery, then use them immediately.

Keep a hot wet cloth to one side, if they dry out give em a wipe.

The water picks up any dust particles on your boards.

alright, i got the screwdrivers so, do they really need to be put in boiling water or are you taking the piss :scratchchin:?

ok, i'll let you know how this turns out.

PS- the only reason i believe you is because pud is a mod and therefore would not lie about this.

ok, i'll let you know how this turns out.

PS- the only reason i believe you is because pud is a mod and therefore would not lie about this.

He's also a tax inspector in real life. Straight as a roman road.

Why not wait until he's online and ask him?