One for UM, LM, etc. to get excited about...

Craig

BELLAMY IN SOUNESS SWIPE

By Simon Fudge -  Created on 10 Apr 2006

Blackburn Rovers striker Craig Bellamy insists he did not lose his way at former club Newcastle United.

The outspoken Wales international took a shot at former Magpies boss Graeme Souness following their very public fall-out last season.

The former Norwich City and Coventry City hit-man accused Souness of being 'a liar' in a Sky Sports News interview in January 2005.

The fall-out saw Bellamy move to Scottish Premier League giants Celtic on loan for the rest of the campaign before he teamed up with former Wales boss Mark Hughes and Blackburn last summer.

After scoring a brace in Saturday's 2-2 draw at struggling Portsmouth, Bellamy refuted suggestions that he was a 'disruptive influence' at Newcastle.

"I didn't lose my way at Newcastle," Bellamy said. "I still ended up joint top league scorer, even though I was only there until just after Christmas.

"I took a lot of stick last year and that's given me the strength to carry on. It's not just about showing people because I know what I'm about.

"It's not nice when you are branded a 'disruptive influence' by the manager and told that you're the reason the team is doing badly.

"If you look at the three previous seasons, we'd finished third, fourth and fifth with me there, and look where we are now with Blackburn.

"This disruptive influence has obviously got a real problem with teams, hasn't he?"

Source: http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?HLID=37...ball_Home&f=rss

Never mind having campaigns for German mananagers we should launch a campaign to get Bellamy back.

Mismanagement is the ruination of the Club. As long as Shepherd sits in his position of power we'll always sell the Bellamys and buy the Boumsongs.

And your opinion is that we are better off without him, and Blackburn are worse off with him isn't it Craig ?

He's proved beyond any argument that he's a player who transfoms teams and makes a BIG difference to them

As long as Shepherd sits in his position of power we'll always sell the Bellamys and buy the Boumsongs.

118464[/snapback]

:lol:

LM is gonna go SPARE! :blink:

118466[/snapback]

That is the best smilie ever :D

And your opinion is that we are better off without him, and Blackburn are worse off with him isn't it Craig ?

118465[/snapback]

Not at all....

You're just gutted that I posted the article before you tbh! :D

Never mind having campaigns for German mananagers we should launch a campaign to get Bellamy back.

Mismanagement is the ruination of the Club. As long as Shepherd sits in his position of power we'll always sell the Bellamys and buy the Boumsongs.

118464[/snapback]

Can't disagree with any of that.

me neither (and that's not a back-peddle before LM gets excited).

He was an odious little shit and was bang out of order for what happened. But we are worse off for selling him, especially for that amount of cash.

me neither (and that's not a back-peddle before LM gets excited).

He was an odious little shit and was bang out of order for what happened. But we are worse off for selling him, especially for that amount of cash.

118492[/snapback]

looks like it to me.

You could also say while Shepherd is chairman we will continue to buy the Owens, and the Bellamys.....and the Fayes [who you supported].

I'm sure while Shepherd is chairman we will buy players like this that the vast majority of our big city rivals won't, or can't, or couldn't ourselves for decades - have you answered those questions I asked you as to how we are bigger than them now when we weren't for over 30 years ????

Shepherd isn't the scout for the club, or the team manager BTW :D

Shepherd isn't the scout for the club, or the team manager BTW :blink:

118497[/snapback]

Nope, but he employs them. :D

118500[/snapback]

whos it to be then Gemmil ?

As YOU backed Souness, so you backed his appointment......

I can't believe in the week that Arsene Wenger has been promised 26m quid by his chairman if they win the European Cup, you slag off our chairman for supplying 50m quid to a manager ...

Accountant :lol:

You and your mates have absolutely NO idea at all

I can't believe in the week that Arsene Wenger has been promised 26m quid by his chairman if they win the European Cup, you slag off our chairman for supplying 50m quid to a manager ...

Accountant  :blink:

118504[/snapback]

I can't believe I have either......in fact, I DON'T believe I have.....in fact I HAVEN'T. You've just made that up man! :D

Rent boy. ;):lol:

Shepherd isn't the scout for the club, or the team manager BTW :D

118497[/snapback]

He bought Luque like, as much as you don't want to believe it. Interesting that we're still being linked with players and stories of scouts being sent to watch players despite us not having a manager. Kluivert and Owen have both been chairman buys more than managers buys, not that I'm complaining like, but it does worry me that there is a whiff of a manager here not always being able to bring in who he wants and being landed with duck eggs the chairman wanted.

You could also say while Shepherd is chairman we will continue to buy the Owens, and the Bellamys.....and the Fayes [who you supported].

118497[/snapback]

Qualify that statement with a quote from me saying so......

And when you can't find it, admit you're talking rubbish.

118497[/snapback]

Qualify that statement with a quote from me saying so......

And when you can't find it, admit you're talking rubbish.

118511[/snapback]

To be fair, it was probably aimed at me, as I did support the signing of Faye. He was a much better player before we signed him, and he'll be much better when he leaves.

However, Souness desperately wanted to sign Boa Morte, but FS decided against that one, and wanted Luque. FACTamundo! Shows that FS has more input that certain people are claiming.

Would love Bellamy back, what he did might have been wrong but at least he had the bottle to stand up to a bully like Souness.

As he says, its no coincidence Blackburn are 6th.

Saw the highlights of that game last night and was well gutted.

Two of the three players that scored were ours and left the club for what, a total of 4.5m pounds?

Now they were both, Bellamy and Lua Lua, a right pain in the arse but in general any outstanding player is always going to be a problem, their ego is what drives them, so of course they will act like wankers.

And look what we are left with Luque, Shearer and Ameobi - two that generally don't look like they give a fuck and one whose walking frame keeps getting in the way.

118464[/snapback]

Spot on although I'm curious as to why Leazes didn't take issue with these comments. :D

Shepherd isn't the scout for the club, or the team manager BTW ;)

118497[/snapback]

He bought Luque like, as much as you don't want to believe it. Interesting that we're still being linked with players and stories of scouts being sent to watch players despite us not having a manager. Kluivert and Owen have both been chairman buys more than managers buys, not that I'm complaining like, but it does worry me that there is a whiff of a manager here not always being able to bring in who he wants and being landed with duck eggs the chairman wanted.

118509[/snapback]

Do you know this and can you show it is true apart it from being press talk