Scolari offered england job

k4t0

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey!! don't the FA know I predicted Mike Baldwin!!!!! :lol:

And and and and there was a thread the other day saying the 'insider' at boro said it was common knowledge McClaren was getting it! :icon_lol: He had a grand on it iirc :lol:

Glad to see they have learnt their lessons from appointing Sven and have moved for an English man at last !!

oh hang on......

also on the news he told portuguese fa he wouldnt discuss any other jobs til after the world cup?

128185[/snapback]

FA are apparantly out in Portugal trying to get the Portugese FA to wave this agreement

allardyce, mclaren and curbishley must be sick as dogs! i wish we had him for this world cup, all our players are at the right ages to give it a proper go. at the next world cup beckham will be done and lamps and gerrard will be gettin on, eriksson hasnt got frickin clue!

Anyone else think O'Neill will come crawling to us now then?

128202[/snapback]

well there's been so many different story going round I dont know what to think anymore!

If his interview with th FA went as badly as has been suggested he should have known for over 2 weeks that he was out of the running for that job so why didnt he come knocking then?

Sod him, dont think we should beg him like :icon_lol:

not that we are in a position to knock him back either though :lol:

oh I just hope someone is announced soon, the wait is killing me!

Edited by zico martin

The sooner Scolari is appointed the better as far as Newcastle United is concerned, hopefully it will allow us to make an appointment of our own all the more sooner.

Guest CrimsonFault
The sooner Scolari is appointed the better as far as Newcastle United is concerned, hopefully it will allow us to make an appointment of our own all the more sooner.

128206[/snapback]

It really shouldn't have mattered. We should have offered our preferred choice (whoever it is) a contract, say take it or leave.

If he leaves it because he wants England, fair enough. We could always wait till another manager comes along whilst keeping Roeder in the caretaker role.

128206[/snapback]

It really shouldn't have mattered. We should have offered our preferred choice (whoever it is) a contract, say take it or leave.

If he leaves it because he wants England, fair enough. We could always wait till another manager comes along whilst keeping Roeder in the caretaker role.

128207[/snapback]

Sadly it seems to some, it did matter !

If the rumours are true and O'Neill isn't happy with the "Shearer must have a role at this club" stuff, then this appointment really makes no difference to us. It's probably still gonna be Roeder if Shepherd gets this dispensation re the badges.

Jeff Powell in the Mail is gonna go radio rental about this by the way.

128211[/snapback]

Best aspect of pointing Scolari. FACTACHA-CHA-CHA!

Is this for definite though? Didn't he come out the other day and say that he'd never spoken to the FA, when apparently he had? I don't know what to believe anymore.

I don't think it's definite yet, no. But I think he's interested and they want to offer it to him, so I think it'll go ahead. Apparently he has some agreement with the Portuguese FA that says he won't accept any jobs before the World Cup even though his contract with them will be up at the end of it. The FA are gonna ask that this be waived so that they can sort things out with him, and Bob's yer uncle.

Apparently it's a gentleman's agreement that he wont agree to take any job prior to the W.C.

It seems to me that the FA are so far down the line with both Scolari and the Portuguese FA that it's only now a matter of time until he's announced as the next man for England.