Decision today?

Craig

I never supported Souness and I was gutted Bellamy went. I'll tell you someone who did back him in his quest to rid the club of the so-called trouble makers though. Freddie Shepherd.

131184[/snapback]

and Gemmill. Thinking about Ive never seen the pair of them in the same room..

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex
I never supported Souness and I was gutted Bellamy went. I'll tell you someone who did back him in his quest to rid the club of the so-called trouble makers though. Freddie Shepherd.

131184[/snapback]

and Gemmill. Thinking about Ive never seen the pair of them in the same room..

131186[/snapback]

And Shearer :blink:

Leazes, I don't read N-O any more, so have no idea if it's been said over there, but it sounds to me like you're saying "We've tried proven managers before and it hasn't worked, so let's give the job to just about anyone". Roeder's managerial CV is very sketchy at best, I have little confidence we can progress with him at the helm. I like the bloke and he will get my support, but that's as far as it goes.

Why can't we follow the example of our competitors, at least the clubs we should be competing with, and get a decent proven manager in, whether he's foreign or not? Why can't we follow the example of Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, and especially Liverpool? You know, that scouse club down the road who we were better than just 3 years ago?

The fact is this club is going nowhere fast under Shepherd, and without the benefit of hindsight, I will say we will not break into the top 5 with Roeder, let alone the top 4.

131165[/snapback]

No. Its not. It's simply saying he's looking further than a CV. Hence the sentence afterwards.

I don't know if we can progress or not. But I can't be arsed with some of the replies from people who supported the last manager "clearing out the bad eggs" for peanuts, making big money buys such as Luque and Boumsong, and now bemoan the fact that the club may not be making the "big name" appointment they crave that didn't succeed previously ie Dalglish particularly, especially when its possibly because of a lack of cash that "big name" managers tend to demand to take the top jobs. If they can't see by now how moronic these u-turns are I'm not going to tell them ...

Splash the cash Fred ! :blink:

131182[/snapback]

I agree with some of your sentiments Leazes, but not on others, obviously, especially Shepherd. Liverpool and Arsenal have demonstrated that their boards are capable of making inspired choices, sadly, ours doesn't seem capable of this (not all Shepherd's fault - look at Hall Jnr). Anyway, I suggest we wait until an announcement is made before entering a proper debate on the appointment. I may be surprised, but I'm worried.

I love the way Leazes just cuts and pastes bits from stuff he's just posted on N-O regardless of their relevance :blink:

131155[/snapback]

but your purpose to the discussion is ?

131177[/snapback]

Well that particular post was to highlight that you post the same stuff word for word on both forums on any discussion about Shepherd regardless of the relevence.

131180[/snapback]

and you don't ? :huh:

131183[/snapback]

Correct.

131185[/snapback]

I admire your optimism

;)

I love the way Leazes just cuts and pastes bits from stuff he's just posted on N-O regardless of their relevance :blink:

131155[/snapback]

131177[/snapback]

Well that particular post was to highlight that you post the same stuff word for word on both forums on any discussion about Shepherd regardless of the relevence.

131180[/snapback]

131183[/snapback]

Correct.

131185[/snapback]

I admire your optimism

;)

131195[/snapback]

He's right though Leazes, when was the last time you saw Alex cutting and pasting what he'd posted on a forum onto another?

Guest alex

131155[/snapback]

131177[/snapback]

131180[/snapback]

131183[/snapback]

Correct.

131185[/snapback]

I admire your optimism

;)

131195[/snapback]

Feel free to point out where I've done that by all means Leazes. At the same time you can let me know where your hypothesis, i.e. that we may not be able to attract a top coach due to lack of funds isn't at least partly down to Shepherd.

Leazes, I don't read N-O any more, so have no idea if it's been said over there, but it sounds to me like you're saying "We've tried proven managers before and it hasn't worked, so let's give the job to just about anyone". Roeder's managerial CV is very sketchy at best, I have little confidence we can progress with him at the helm. I like the bloke and he will get my support, but that's as far as it goes.

Why can't we follow the example of our competitors, at least the clubs we should be competing with, and get a decent proven manager in, whether he's foreign or not? Why can't we follow the example of Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, and especially Liverpool? You know, that scouse club down the road who we were better than just 3 years ago?

The fact is this club is going nowhere fast under Shepherd, and without the benefit of hindsight, I will say we will not break into the top 5 with Roeder, let alone the top 4.

131165[/snapback]

No. Its not. It's simply saying he's looking further than a CV. Hence the sentence afterwards.

I don't know if we can progress or not. But I can't be arsed with some of the replies from people who supported the last manager "clearing out the bad eggs" for peanuts, making big money buys such as Luque and Boumsong, and now bemoan the fact that the club may not be making the "big name" appointment they crave that didn't succeed previously ie Dalglish particularly, especially when its possibly because of a lack of cash that "big name" managers tend to demand to take the top jobs. If they can't see by now how moronic these u-turns are I'm not going to tell them ...

Splash the cash Fred ! :blink:

131182[/snapback]

I agree with some of your sentiments Leazes, but not on others, obviously, especially Shepherd. Liverpool and Arsenal have demonstrated that their boards are capable of making inspired choices, sadly, ours doesn't seem capable of this (not all Shepherd's fault - look at Hall Jnr). Anyway, I suggest we wait until an announcement is made before entering a proper debate on the appointment. I may be surprised, but I'm worried.

131191[/snapback]

I don't know Renton, I really don't. I wouldn't have had confidence in O'Neill taking us into the top 4 either by the way. And one or two others that have been mentioned.

Who would.

In fact I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that such a bloke doesn't exist so I'll start looking forward to old age and the camera focusing on the new version of owld Stevie Charlton RIP

Maybe Gullit was right and we are cursed, and the ground is cursed. We are paying the price for George Easthams role in abolishing the transfer system, inspiring Jimmy Hill to go further and scrap the maximum wage. We are to blame for all footballs ills so the gods are paying us back big style. At least we don't have to travel miles from an out of town stadium like fans of other clubs to drown our sorrows when its all over though, we were spared that

131155[/snapback]

131177[/snapback]

131180[/snapback]

131183[/snapback]

Correct.

131185[/snapback]

I admire your optimism

<_<

131195[/snapback]

He's right though Leazes, when was the last time you saw Alex cutting and pasting what he'd posted on a forum onto another?

131196[/snapback]

same points....saved the typing. I did cut part of it though...anyway, who's NE5 I thought it was a cracking post, well worth pinching ;)

Guest alex

131155[/snapback]

131177[/snapback]

131180[/snapback]

131183[/snapback]

Correct.

131185[/snapback]

I admire your optimism

<_<

131195[/snapback]

131196[/snapback]

same points....saved the typing. I did cut part of it though...anyway, who's NE5 I thought it was a cracking post, well worth pinching ;)

131202[/snapback]

Can't answer his question then Leazes? Thought not.

131165[/snapback]

Splash the cash Fred ! :huh:

131182[/snapback]

131191[/snapback]

I don't know Renton, I really don't. I wouldn't have had confidence in O'Neill taking us into the top 4 either by the way. And one or two others that have been mentioned.

Who would.

In fact I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that such a bloke doesn't exist so I'll start looking forward to old age and the camera focusing on the new version of owld Stevie Charlton RIP

Maybe Gullit was right and we are cursed, and the ground is cursed. We are paying the price for George Easthams role in abolishing the transfer system, inspiring Jimmy Hill to go further and scrap the maximum wage. We are to blame for all footballs ills so the gods are paying us back big style. At least we don't have to travel miles from an out of town stadium like fans of other clubs to drown our sorrows when its all over though, we were spared that

131199[/snapback]

Class. LM would sooner conclude that we are the victims of a gypsy curse than blame Fred. :blink:

Guest alex
Paying the price for the gargantuan fuck-up that was the appointment of Souness.

131200[/snapback]

True.

131203[/snapback]

By Shepherd. Is it getting through yet? Backing the manager is no good if it's the wrong manager. In fact, the one time Shepherd should have been 'keeping his powder dry' he backed the manager with unprecedented funds. That coupled with Souness's pay-off may well have fucked our chances of getting anyone decent and probably means we'll have to sell before we can buy, despite the threadbare squad.

Paying the price for the gargantuan fuck-up that was the appointment of Souness.

131200[/snapback]

True.

131203[/snapback]

By Shepherd. Is it getting through yet? Backing the manager is no good if it's the wrong manager. In fact, the one time Shepherd should have been 'keeping his powder dry' he backed the manager with unprecedented funds. That coupled with Souness's pay-off may well have fucked our chances of getting anyone decent and probably means we'll have to sell before we can buy, despite the threadbare squad.

131209[/snapback]

The "Hindsight" stick or the "McKeag/Westwood" stick? Which one do you want to be punished with?

131200[/snapback]

True.

131203[/snapback]

131209[/snapback]

The "Hindsight" stick or the "McKeag/Westwood" stick? Which one do you want to be punished with?

131211[/snapback]

:blink::huh:

Guest alex

To be honest, it's not hindsight. When Souness took over, did he take the club forwards or backwards in that first season?

Did he improve club discipline?

Did he improve the style of football?

Did he get the most out of his players?

Did he look like he was remotely capable of being successful or did he look out of his depth?

I know what my answer would be to those questions. In response to this, Shepherd gave him an absolute fortune to spend (on top of the Boumsong money) when, to most fans the signs weren't promising.

To be honest, it's not hindsight. When Souness took over, did he take the club forwards or backwards in that first season?

Did he look like he was remotely capable of being successful or did he look out of his depth?

I know what my answer would be to those questions. In response to this, Shepherd gave him an absolute fortune to spend (on top of the Boumsong money) when, to most fans the signs weren't promising.

131215[/snapback]

yes, but plenty of people ...err Craig for one .... :blink: ... insisted Shepherd was right to continue backing him ....

Whereas some of us, ie me, Renton, HTL, just said Shepherd was making a mistake

LM blames all that stuff on me though. Shepherd gets away with all of that on the "he was backing his manager" technicality.

131220[/snapback]

thats because I like it :blink:

131200[/snapback]

True.

131203[/snapback]

131209[/snapback]

131211[/snapback]

As even Rob will testify, they were right old sticks

131215[/snapback]

yes, but plenty of people ...err Craig for one .... :blink: ... insisted Shepherd was right to continue backing him ....

Whereas some of us, ie me, Renton, HTL, just said Shepherd was making a mistake

131264[/snapback]

Success is based on the views of an internet forum afterall then

131200[/snapback]

True.

131203[/snapback]

131209[/snapback]

131211[/snapback]

:blink: