announcemnet friday

lovejoy

I believed all of the "This is a huge decision which we must get right" stuff as well.  I honestly thought that this time he was going to really put the spadework in and get it right. :blink:

I suppose this might end up working out, but as Alex has said elsewhere it'll be by fluke more than anything else.  I'd be much happier if there was the likes of Houllier involved as well.

131250[/snapback]

Is there any substance at all to the Houllier link, or are you clutching at straws?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets face facts it will be Roeder one way or another, either Roeder with Craig named as manager or Roeder given special dispensation from the FA to take the roll, either way Roeder will be incharge.

Roeder has done exeptionally well, but he can't get us challenging for the CL in my opinion, or draw big name players.

Lets face facts it will be Roeder one way or another, either Roeder with Craig named as manager or Roeder given special dispensation from the FA to take the roll, either way Roeder will be incharge.

Roeder has done exeptionally well, but he can't get us challenging for the CL in my opinion, or draw big name players.

131252[/snapback]

He's done well compared to Souness, but if you look at the games in question, he's hardly worked miracles has he.

I believed all of the "This is a huge decision which we must get right" stuff as well.  I honestly thought that this time he was going to really put the spadework in and get it right. :blink:

I suppose this might end up working out, but as Alex has said elsewhere it'll be by fluke more than anything else.  I'd be much happier if there was the likes of Houllier involved as well.

131250[/snapback]

Is there any substance at all to the Houllier link, or are you clutching at straws?

131251[/snapback]

I suspect I'm clutching at straws. I don't know of anything to suggest that there's substance to the link.

To be fair Lovejoy didn't you say a couple of days ago that Houllier was nailed on for the job? As far as I understand you didn't get that from a NUFC player so who exactly do you believe.

That report on the BBC website is just Anal Olivers latest from todays chronicle rehashed, so lets hope hes just been talking shite again.

131259[/snapback]

One thing that we can deduce if Roeder gets the job without anyone else coming in, is that Anal D'Ohliver is being fed information by Portly Freddie to spew forth for the masses consumption.

Guest CrimsonFault
To be fair Lovejoy didn't you say a couple of days ago that Houllier was nailed on for the job? As far as I understand you didn't get that from a NUFC player so who exactly do you believe.

131303[/snapback]

My sister drinks with Charles N'Zogbia on a weekly basis; he doesn't have a clue whats happening with the manager situation.

131303[/snapback]

My sister drinks with Charles N'Zogbia on a weekly basis; he doesn't have a clue whats happening with the manager situation.

131308[/snapback]

Aye but to be fair he doesn't speak English, maybe if we all signed a big card for him and let him know how much we all loved him he might tell us.

Guest CrimsonFault

131303[/snapback]

131308[/snapback]

Aye but to be fair he doesn't speak English, maybe if we all signed a big card for him and let him know how much we all loved him he might tell us.

131311[/snapback]

He speaks fluent English, he began learning it from an early age!

oh, and.. " :blink: "

Edited by CrimsonFault

I'm at a loss to understand the issue some have around Roeder/Craig. Admittedly, Roeder wasn't my number one choice, but that aside I don't have a problem with Craig being manager in name if the FA block Roeder's appointment. The Pro Licence business is bollocks anyway.

I remain to be convinced that Shepherd has consistently worked to appoint a 'big name manager' whatever that means, but I don't have a problem with the arrangement mentioned above in principle.

131316[/snapback]

Just imagine them slugging it out for the right to lead the team out in the Cup Final though ...

I'm at a loss to understand the issue some have around Roeder/Craig. Admittedly, Roeder wasn't my number one choice, but that aside I don't have a problem with Craig being manager in name if the FA block Roeder's appointment. The Pro Licence business is bollocks anyway.

I remain to be convinced that Shepherd has consistently worked to appoint a 'big name manager' whatever that means, but I don't have a problem with the arrangement mentioned above in principle.

131316[/snapback]

Bridget man, the problem with it is that it makes us look even more of an unprofessional shambles than we normally do. Can you imagine signing a young foreign kid and having to explain to him that errrrrr, that bloke called manager errrr isn't really the manager.....that's the other bloke. Yeah him there. Aye, we just call that other bloke manager cos errrrr our Chairman is dead clever and got round the UEFA rules by calling someone manager who isn't really manager. It's just ridiculous.

How would Roeder get any information to the players during the match? Wouldn't the rules mean that only Craig be allowed in the technical area :blink:

It would be a complete fucking balls up.

Guest CrimsonFault
How would Roeder get any information to the players during the match? Wouldn't the rules mean that only Craig be allowed in the technical area :blink:

131437[/snapback]

You're last sentence simply sums up Newcastle United.

What makes it more frustrating that we haven't appointed a manager, is that according to the Mirror Blackburn are to open talks with Chelsea about signing Gudjohnsen.. we'll definitley be letting that one slip through our hands there if we don't get a manager in ASAP.

131437[/snapback]

Once again, Shepherd is one step ahead of both us and the Football Authorities. He's had a special Tommy Craig Suit designed for Roeder which will make him look for all the world like the man himself. This will allow Roeder to work in the dugout on match days and still be Glenn Roeder the rest of the time.

If UEFA suss this he's going to have Roeder and Craig undergo Face Off style face transplant surgery.

How would Roeder get any information to the players during the match? Wouldn't the rules mean that only Craig be allowed in the technical area :huh:

131437[/snapback]

Once again, Shepherd is one step ahead of both us and the Football Authorities. He's had a special Tommy Craig Suit designed for Roeder which will make him look for all the world like the man himself. This will allow Roeder to work in the dugout on match days and still be Glenn Roeder the rest of the time.

If UEFA suss this he's going to have Roeder and Craig undergo Face Off style face transplant surgery.

131441[/snapback]

:blink:

Poor Craig, getting stuck with Roeders dodgy lipped mush

Just stuck a fiver on Craig to be next manager.

131681[/snapback]

Waste of money mate, I've not even applied....

131681[/snapback]

131715[/snapback]

That doesn't matter. Have you been house hunting in Newcastle? Has Fat Fred ever heard of you? I think we need a transcript of a random MSN conversation from Gol.

Guest CrimsonFault

131681[/snapback]

131715[/snapback]

You don't need to, I doubt Tommy Craig or Roeder have applied for the job themselves to be honest!

WTF is this all about, this is my first time back since Souness was sacked. Here we go again with what will be a TFD.

The fat controller believes we are amongst the top ten clubs in Europe, what a joke, would Barca, Chelsea, Man U etc apoint Roeder as their manager. Not bloody likely, so mr Fat Controller how come you think we are in this elite group.

Bad choice Mr Shepherd especially after all the scouring and names that we would not believe that have applied for the job. I await the appointment with interest.