Third Test

Guest alex

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good day, but Pietersen is a fucking moron. Fifteen minutes of play left, they've just taken the new ball, and he tries to hook Lee.

Dickhead.

10707[/snapback]

Exactly! The bouncer was so predictable but he couldn't resist it - fuckin' chucked his wicket away.

Wheres Wellsy? B)

10647[/snapback]

Sorry lads and lasses i had nightshift last night so i couldnt be here, my apologies :D

Wheres Wellsy? :lol:

10647[/snapback]

Having phone sex with Shane Warne, allegedly.

10650[/snapback]

;)

I like the way you included 'allegedly'. But lets face it most Australian's would have sex with the great man himself. :lol:

On the score, well played Vaughan and i heard he threw away his wicket at the end trying to hit a full toss over the fence for six. Ah well, well played Vaughan considering how much scrutiny he has been under.

To be honest i think Australia are fucked at this point in time, catches not sticking, run outs missed. Hmm this isnt like the Australia of old. England seem to be playing well but you never know with Australia. We might hit our straps with the top order starting to get some starts and go on with them for a change instead of playing stupid shots etc.

One thing i noted though before i went to work was when Strauss (i think) got hit by Brett Lee basically most of the Aussies checked to see whether he was alright or not. I do recall when Ricky Ponting got hit no one from the England side at all went to check on him, not even the captain or Harmison. Doesnt take much to check to see if a player you have hit is ok, does it?

A good day, but Pietersen is a fucking moron. Fifteen minutes of play left, they've just taken the new ball, and he tries to hook Lee.

Dickhead.

10707[/snapback]

Aye, maybe a bit naive, but for his displays in the first two tests I'm willing to let him off. Master bit of batsmanship from Vaughan yesterday. Despite his poor batting in the first two tests he still has the all time third best average batting figures against Australia.

Kind of reminds me when they were talking about McGraths bowling action and how to defend it, and Mike Atherton goes 'you're asking the wrong man.' B)

Kind of reminds me when they were talking about McGraths bowling action and how to defend it, and Mike Atherton goes 'you're asking the wrong man.'  B)

10903[/snapback]

:lol:

Ah the good ole days of Mike Atherton, what a hero!

One thing i noted though before i went to work was when Strauss (i think) got hit by Brett Lee basically most of the Aussies checked to see whether he was alright or not. I do recall when Ricky Ponting got hit no one from the England side at all went to check on him, not even the captain or Harmison. Doesnt take much to check to see if a player you have hit is ok, does it?

10897[/snapback]

I think one of the Australian players made this point, saying that England were playing too rough.

My view of it is that any team that contains Shane Warne has no right whatsoever to be getting on its moral high horse.

10897[/snapback]

I think one of the Australian players made this point, saying that England were playing too rough.

My view of it is that any team that contains Shane Warne has no right whatsoever to be getting on its moral high horse.

10916[/snapback]

I agree with Wellsy to be honest, nothing wrong with playing hard but that shouldn't be at the expense of good sportsmanship. Mind I don't think Merv Hughes, Jeff Thompson, Dennis Lillee etc. would have checked to see if Strauss was ok.

We were always going to have to step up a level to compete with Australia, if that means playing the psychological game with them then so be it.

10918[/snapback]

Exactly. It's not like the teams don't get along - I read that Flintoff embraced Lee after the 2nd test. It's how the Aussies used to play - chummy when play is over, mortal enemies when it's game on. Presumably Ponting has forgotten this, he seems to have forgotten most other aspects of how to captain his team.

Whats the weather like in Manchester? I hope its not pissing it down like it is here!

10944[/snapback]

Rained overnight but its cleared up now.

34 degrees in the shade. Real Betty Swollocks stuff! B)

Whats the weather like in Manchester? I hope its not pissing it down like it is here!

10944[/snapback]

10948[/snapback]

Fahrenheit?

10944[/snapback]

10948[/snapback]

Fahrenheit?

10952[/snapback]

Yes. Does it cover the smell?