If a ton of feathers landed on your head...

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex

From wikipedia :

"The liger is a cross (a hybrid) between a male lion and a female tiger. It is therefore a member of genus Panthera. As is the case with all hybrid species, there is no scientific name assigned to this animal. A liger looks like a giant lion with diffused stripes. Ligers, unlike lions, like swimming.

A cross between a male tiger and a female lion is called a tigon.

"

1. How do they get the bubbles evenly distributed through an Aero, shirley they should float to the surface before the chocolate sets?

2. If you took a Zebra foal (is that the right word?) and trained it, could you eventually get a saddle on it and ride it like a horse?

134907[/snapback]

Re: 2

Yes. There's a film called racing stripes about it. Also if you breed a zebra and a horse you get a Zorse.

134913[/snapback]

Re: 1 Is it not similar to the way 'bubbles' are evenly distributed through bread? Or am I talking shite?

134917[/snapback]

They're not 'evenly distributed' though are they? Either in bread or in Aero...in actual fact theres still mroe bubbles towards t'top.... and theres the rub tbh.....this is based on a false premise.

...and I've had a few this lunchtime so I know whereof I speak. Bloke in the pub told me

Guest alex
Male tiger= Tigon

Male Lion = Liger

Although a Lion and Tiger would never meet in the wild would they?

134928[/snapback]

No, and they probably wouldn't fancy each other either ;)

Male tiger= Tigon

Male Lion = Liger

Although a Lion and Tiger would never meet in the wild would they?

134928[/snapback]

no

and even if they did meet it's unlikely they'd have some kind of "Look who's come to dinner" tryst

although.... ;)

I smell a sitcom :icon_lol:

So what do you get if you cross a tigon with a liger? Or is that genetically impossible- are tigons and ligers (and bears, oh my!) genetic 'mules' ie sterile?

1. How do they get the bubbles evenly distributed through an Aero, shirley they should float to the surface before the chocolate sets?

2. If you took a Zebra foal (is that the right word?) and trained it, could you eventually get a saddle on it and ride it like a horse?

134907[/snapback]

Yes. There's a film called racing stripes about it. Also if you breed a zebra and a horse you get a Zorse.

134913[/snapback]

Re: 1 Is it not similar to the way 'bubbles' are evenly distributed through bread? Or am I talking shite?

134917[/snapback]

Aren't the air pockets in bread caused when the bread rises rather than being cooled quickly after a brisk stir?

134907[/snapback]

134913[/snapback]

134917[/snapback]

Aren't the air pockets in bread caused when the bread rises rather than being cooled quickly after a brisk stir?

134942[/snapback]

I've already answered this tbh and Alex is seething.

So what do you get if you cross a tigon with a liger? Or is that genetically impossible- are tigons and ligers (and bears, oh my!) genetic 'mules' ie sterile?

134933[/snapback]

You get a tiger or a lion back, depending on who is the father.

If you travelled at a constant speed of 848.18181818181818181818181818182 mph constantly backwards and forwards between Hanoi and Havana, would you get any older?

135619[/snapback]

Don't know about older...you'd be ferkin knackered tho ....! ;)

The plane won't take off, the feathers won't kill you and the snakes can only get half-way up each other. FACT CUBED.

133682[/snapback]

The plane will take off.

If you were on rollerskates on a treadmill that matched the wheel speed, and someone gave you a push, you'd move! The wheel's would just spin faster.

The engines will move the plane, it won't just levitate, but will accelerate to take off speed.

133685[/snapback]

SOOOO wrongamundo

The engines provide forward motion which is transmitted as the the turn of the wheels (as does the push on the rollerblader), the turn of the wheels is matched by the conveyorbelt, hence no forward motion = no air flow over wings = no lift = no take-off

F=ma

Behold the Wolphin

wolphin2.jpg

Wonder if it squeaks at the moon

I reckon that guy is getting WAY to friendly with the Liger

ligersize.jpg

Big fecker or what !!!!

Edited by Toonpack

The plane won't take off, the feathers won't kill you and the snakes can only get half-way up each other. FACT CUBED.

133682[/snapback]

The plane will take off.

If you were on rollerskates on a treadmill that matched the wheel speed, and someone gave you a push, you'd move! The wheel's would just spin faster.

The engines will move the plane, it won't just levitate, but will accelerate to take off speed.

133685[/snapback]

SOOOO wrongamundo

The engines provide forward motion which is transmitted as the the turn of the wheels (as does the push on the rollerblader), the turn of the wheels is matched by the conveyorbelt, hence no forward motion = no air flow over wings = no lift = no take-off

F=ma

135622[/snapback]

I'm afraid that it is you that is wrong, soooooo wrong, steeped in wrongness

What do you suggest would happen in the example I give? Would the person doing the pushing not be able to move the rollerskater forward? I provide a diagram for clarity.

fig10im.jpg

Maybe a simpler scenario to understand would be if i had a rope and pulled the roller skater toward me. The rope has to get shorter, so the wheels will just spin twice as fast and the skater will move.

fig28yk.jpg

133682[/snapback]

The plane will take off.

133685[/snapback]

SOOOO wrongamundo

F=ma

135622[/snapback]

I'm afraid that it is you that is wrong, soooooo wrong, steeped in wrongness

What do you suggest would happen in the example I give? Would the person doing the pushing not be able to move the rollerskater forward? I provide a diagram for clarity.

fig10im.jpg

Maybe a simpler scenario to understand would be if i had a rope and pulled the roller skater toward me. The rope has to get shorter, so the wheels will just spin twice as fast and the skater will move.

fig28yk.jpg

135623[/snapback]

who let Da vinci in ...??? ;)

FFS.

THe question stated that the treadmill would ALWAYS match the wheel speed.

so no forward motion.

135624[/snapback]

AMEN !!!

BTW here's a Jaglion

Look at the freckles bet the poor feckers ginger as well ;)

jaglion.jpg

FFS.

so no forward motion.

135624[/snapback]

Doesn't matter. The force is moving the plane, not the wheels.

FFS.

so no forward motion.

135624[/snapback]

135628[/snapback]

So therefore WHAT is moving the wheels ????????

When I'm off on holibobs next week I'm gonna be pretty upset if the plane moves but leaves it's wheels behind !!!!!!

FFS.

so no forward motion.

135624[/snapback]

135628[/snapback]

The force is transmitted through the wheels where there is an equally sized opposite force from the treadmill. hence no motion.

To use your bloke on rollerskates analogy. They are at steady state (rollerskates going matching treadmill speed hence no motion). Then you give him a push and extra momentum hence the speed of his wheels increases. The question stated that this increase would be matched by an increase in treadmill speed hence no forward motion.