Germany v Italy

Lazarus

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking cheating, diving, match-fixing, girly fucking Italians. That should be Australia in the final, not them.  ;)

156502[/snapback]

I'm over it tbh. I'm proud of the fact we gave it our all and left with our dignity intact, which is more then can be said about Italy, Portugal and to a lesser extent France.

Anyway knowing the socceroos we probably would have lost to Ukraine.

Italy were fantastic last night. Before the match I didn't really want the Germans in the final, but I was worried the Italians would spoil it if they got their, with their negative football. Having seen them last night, if they can reproduce that in the final against (hopefully) France, it should be a class final.

The worry is that in the inevitable caginess of a final they resort to type.

Guest alex
Cheating bastards shouldn't even be there.

Be interesting if Portugal win tomorrow. The final will be a blight on football.

156424[/snapback]

Two words: Tim Cahill

Be interesting if Portugal win tomorrow. The final will be a blight on football.

156424[/snapback]

Two words: Tim Cahill

156529[/snapback]

No doubt he's a twat but he scored those two goals against Japan so I'll love him forever.

;)

Where's Isegrim btw? ;)

It's not often the Germans get to feel like we did in Euro 96, and I want to know how he's taken it. :first:

156519[/snapback]

:icon_lol:

I still had every reason to enjoy the world cup, something that couldn't be said about every participating nation.

Fair result tbh. Italy were the better team, just to concede those goals in the dying minutes was cruel.

Oh, and how much I do dislike Twaterazzi and Twattuso is beyond believe. I only can hope France is going to win it now, because I just don't want either Italy or Portugal to win it.

Where's Isegrim btw? ;)

It's not often the Germans get to feel like we did in Euro 96, and I want to know how he's taken it. :icon_lol:

156519[/snapback]

B)

I still had every reason to enjoy the world cup, something that couldn't be said about every participating nation.

Fair result tbh. Italy were the better team, just to concede those goals in the dying minutes was cruel.

Oh, and how much I do dislike Twaterazzi and Twattuso is beyond believe. I only can hope France is going to win it now, because I just don't want either Italy or Portugal to win it.

156538[/snapback]

Aye I'm with you on the France thing. I think Germany just got found out a bit - the spirit and the players playing above their game as they have most of the way through the tournament wasn't enough to get past the Italians who stepped up a gear from all their previous performances.

As for goals in the dying minutes being cruel, you wanna try going out on penalties. :first:

Good game, Italy deserved to win.Hope they go and win it now. Brill pass from Pirlo to set up the first goal, would not mind him playing for the toon if AC go down .

Think France will go through tonight, they have really impressed since their first couple of games.

I had a very annoying old gentleman on my patient roster lastnight. He is extremely sleazy and I normally endure his company at best when doing the rounds. I heard some muffled sounds coming from his room (egads, that sounds bad..) and went to investigate...he was watching the soccer. I would normally have to tell patients to turn off the telly and rest, but I thought stuff it - I'll let him watch it. I checked on him every 10 minutes after that..No way I was going to miss the match.

I was rooting for Germany. I'm over everything Italian - except Italian food, but we don't really need those hairy boffins to make it anymore.

I too want to see Italy v France.

Totti is the biggest girl in football!

Hope France win it now.

156445[/snapback]

What I noticed about Totti last night was how many times he tried to play a killer pass. Granteed not many came off but some of the vision to spot the pass in the first place was sheer class.

Cannavaro was truly outstanding though!!!

it was a good game like

jormany got found out like

italy proved to be worthy champions

shame about brazil, argies and so on getting KO'd cause the football wouldve been better

156424[/snapback]

cheating ?? where are you talking about ? ;)

well, i think it was a really great game so far but in the end italy was better and took some hard volleys to score...

i don't give a toss who wins the cup now :first:

Guest Sima
niether did italy but they stepped theyre game up in the semis

156682[/snapback]

They haven't even conceded a goal yet ffs (from an opposing player) and scored plenty. I really can't see how Italy don't deserve to be there. They've beaten the energetic Ghanians, they played well against USA and they comfortably beaten the Czech Republic.

Australia had a never say die attitude and even after getting a man sent-off undeservedly, they pulled through.

Ukraine was a cakewalk to them, never looked in doubt.

Not to mention them just eliminating the host nation. Of course they deserve to be there.

Edited by Sima

Guest alex
Watching them through rose tinted (mirror) glasses tbh.

156775[/snapback]

They've played 'well' i.e. in terms of getting results but last night was the most attacking they've played by far. Probably because the idea of facing the Germans on pens was making them shit themselves.

Watching them through rose tinted (mirror) glasses tbh.

156775[/snapback]

They've played 'well' i.e. in terms of getting results but last night was the most attacking they've played by far. Probably because the idea of facing the Germans on pens was making them shit themselves.

156779[/snapback]

Agree 100%. It was a word play you rassclot!