Beckham Toonbound?!!

asteroidblitz

he'd be played central along side Parker imo

jesus, look at me getting ahead of myself again.

if we've got money to throw at players, throw it at the defense tbs tbs

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No truth in Newcastle link, insists Beckham agent

'There's no truth of a meeting taking place'

Staff and agencies

Friday July 7, 2006

Guardian Unlimited

David Beckham's representative in Spain today claimed the former England captain has not met Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd over a possible move back to the Premiership.

It was reported this morning that the Real Madrid midfielder and his wife Victoria had held a meeting with the Magpies chief at the Claridges hotel in London. However, Beckham's spokesman in Spain, Simon Oliveira, said: "David and Victoria didn't meet with Freddy Shepherd and they haven't discussed a move to Newcastle. David dropped Victoria at Claridges to have a meeting with her publishers regarding her new book. It just so happened that Shepherd was also there. But there's no truth of a meeting taking place."

Newcastle, meanwhile, have distanced themselves from the reports. A statement on their website read: "Newcastle never comment on transfer speculation. The club has always enjoyed a close relationship with Real Madrid and would never do anything to spoil that relationship."

Beckham, who resigned the England captaincy following the team's failure to progress beyond the World Cup quarter-finals, has one year left on his contract with Real and is looking for an extension. "We are in negotiations to renew his contract," said Oliveira. "All parties have shown a desire to tie up a new deal and it will come sooner rather than later."

Beckham has welcomed the appointment of coach Fabio Capello, who joined the club from Juventus yesterday. "David is looking forward to a new season with Madrid and meeting and working under coach Fabio Capello," said Oliveira. Capello himself has said he wants Beckham to remain at the club. "Beckham is an important player and I will talk to him," he said, following new president Ramón Calderón revealing he wanted the former Manchester United player to stay at the Bernabéu "forever".

Thank God for that. It would be criminally stupid to throw money at another 'big name' when we seem to be skint. It would be typical of Shepherd though.

No truth in Newcastle link, insists Beckham agent

'There's no truth of a meeting taking place'

Staff and agencies

Friday July 7, 2006

Guardian Unlimited

David Beckham's representative in Spain today claimed the former England captain has not met Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd over a possible move back to the Premiership.

It was reported this morning that the Real Madrid midfielder and his wife Victoria had held a meeting with the Magpies chief at the Claridges hotel in London. However, Beckham's spokesman in Spain, Simon Oliveira, said: "David and Victoria didn't meet with Freddy Shepherd and they haven't discussed a move to Newcastle. David dropped Victoria at Claridges to have a meeting with her publishers regarding her new book. It just so happened that Shepherd was also there. But there's no truth of a meeting taking place."

Newcastle, meanwhile, have distanced themselves from the reports. A statement on their website read: "Newcastle never comment on transfer speculation. The club has always enjoyed a close relationship with Real Madrid and would never do anything to spoil that relationship."

Beckham, who resigned the England captaincy following the team's failure to progress beyond the World Cup quarter-finals, has one year left on his contract with Real and is looking for an extension. "We are in negotiations to renew his contract," said Oliveira. "All parties have shown a desire to tie up a new deal and it will come sooner rather than later."

Beckham has welcomed the appointment of coach Fabio Capello, who joined the club from Juventus yesterday. "David is looking forward to a new season with Madrid and meeting and working under coach Fabio Capello," said Oliveira. Capello himself has said he wants Beckham to remain at the club. "Beckham is an important player and I will talk to him," he said, following new president Ramón Calderón revealing he wanted the former Manchester United player to stay at the Bernabéu "forever".

Thank God for that. It would be criminally stupid to throw money at another 'big name' when we seem to be skint. It would be typical of Shepherd though.

157375[/snapback]

Leazesmag would be praying for it though. Throwing money at an England international blah blah blah

If it is bullshit and the two being there at the same time is purely coincidental then it is a fucking disgrace that the club aren't issuing a denial, especially when you consider how quick they were to issue a denial when there was potential for people being disappointed by a bid for Hasselbaink.  Shepherd treating the fans like mugs in the most blatant fashion if this is the case.

157350[/snapback]

Are you possessed by the spirit of Wullie all of a sudden

157352[/snapback]

No, Wullie has already stated that he will once again be devastated by a signing like this. ;) I think he would be a great signing, but IF this is complete bollocks then the vague press comment is intentionally misleading in order to string the fans along, which IMO is out of order. Particularly in light of the speed with which they've denied other transfer links in recent weeks.

157358[/snapback]

You sound like

I commend your ambition in attempting to sign Englands newly retired captain, but if you are merely string the fans along in a cheap attempt to bolster season ticket sales I would have to say OI SHEPHERD NO........

157368[/snapback]

You sound like you're completely missing the point of what I'm saying. Which would presumably make you Tim Nice But Dim. :first:

If it is bullshit and the two being there at the same time is purely coincidental then it is a fucking disgrace that the club aren't issuing a denial, especially when you consider how quick they were to issue a denial when there was potential for people being disappointed by a bid for Hasselbaink.  Shepherd treating the fans like mugs in the most blatant fashion if this is the case.

157350[/snapback]

Are you possessed by the spirit of Wullie all of a sudden

157352[/snapback]

No, Wullie has already stated that he will once again be devastated by a signing like this. ;) I think he would be a great signing, but IF this is complete bollocks then the vague press comment is intentionally misleading in order to string the fans along, which IMO is out of order. Particularly in light of the speed with which they've denied other transfer links in recent weeks.

157358[/snapback]

You sound like

I commend your ambition in attempting to sign Englands newly retired captain, but if you are merely string the fans along in a cheap attempt to bolster season ticket sales I would have to say OI SHEPHERD NO........

157368[/snapback]

You sound like you're completely missing the point of what I'm saying. Which would presumably make you Tim Nice But Dim. :first:

157427[/snapback]

You don't want to do that

I just got the strangest thought of Freddy following the worlds best players around, staying in the same hotels with them etc., just for the press attention!

157371[/snapback]

tried that, I think I got a few sharpened 20's near to Boumsong but never quite close enough.

*disclaimer - I have never thrown a 20p coin at any footballer.

*disclaimer to the disclaimer - Im too stingy 2p's are more my style.

Baddiel and Skinners take on this....

"One minute you could be holding up the FIFA world cup, the next minute you're playing with Shola Ameobi!"

;)

157484[/snapback]

:first:

Guest Sima
Smokescreen for Ronaldo...

157436[/snapback]

Never happen, Freddy'd have too much competition at Greggs opening time

157437[/snapback]

Cristiano tbh :lol:

157371[/snapback]

tried that, I think I got a few sharpened 20's near to Boumsong but never quite close enough.

*disclaimer - I have never thrown a 20p coin at any footballer.

157477[/snapback]

Notes on the other hand... :lol:

if he did sign he'd be used centrally.

as much as i'd like to see him use his crossing ability - we dont have anyone (as of yet) who could really benefit from it.