No Campbell/Bridge/Klose/Defoe/Farfan

Gemmill

Even though a lot of us read the ronny gill, nobody believes anything oliver has to say, so why bother with this article where he reveals who we aren't going to move for?

It's as likely that he'll reveal a press conference to introduce Defoe,Campbell and Bridge tomorrow meaning everything he's written in the previous 24 hours was rubbish and forgotten.

167771[/snapback]

Shush Footsoldier.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because he'd probably be looking upwards of £60k a week and plays in a position where we have sufficient cover?

167816[/snapback]

Having watched them in the pre-season, my previous confidence that we didn't need a centre-half has taken a bit of a denting tbh. Someone like Campbell would be perfect to bring the youngsters on, and with no club and seemingly no decent offers on the table, he's not really in a position to demand £60k p/w.

What I don't understand is why we're not interested in Bridge. Babayaro is decidedly average and injury prone (Ramage as cover? :lol: ) and it's not often that a player of Bridge's calibre becomes available for £1m, £2m. We'd have a very realistic chance of getting him as well.

We haven't had a genuinely good full-back in donkeys years.

I suppose, for centre halfs when we have Bramble, Taylor, Moore (lets say Boum is on his way out) plus Ramage, though Campbell would be canny, Im guessing as Alex says we could do without the wages he would be asking.

GR prob has a wages budget as well as transfer to stick to so this would be an increase he could do without. Certainly when we have so much need for CF & a LB.

Also on Farfan, aye he is a cracking player, but I also see him as left sided.

Klose I'd liked to have seen, but it could be that "if" we have enquired about him, he may have knocked us back. Or, GR may not want to take any risk at all and as he has never played in the Prem may see it as that.

Bridge I dont understand. Elliot is gone, judging by the PSV game Ramage cannot play LB. Baba is inconsistent and takes the odd knock. Depending on the money involved in Bridge, Id have thought he would have been an obvious choice.

My only worry about Defoe (apart from Spurs not needing the cash now so could hold out for a higher sum), is that when Owen comes back (ok then, if) he couldnt play the two together. Would be great in a rotation for me though having someone like Defoe on the bench or whatever. Maybe he could get Defoe and one more? We do need more than one striker afterall. Though I could imagine him only getting one in unless he can move Luque on.

On Luque, while he has looked improved in the last couple of games, I'm still unconvinced. Hope he proves me and the rest of us wrong.

Because he'd probably be looking upwards of £60k a week and plays in a position where we have sufficient cover?

167816[/snapback]

Another long term injury to Moore and we're looking at Taylor & Bramble as first choice, which is as bad a parnership as we've had there in recent years.

Im guessing as Alex says we could do without the wages he would be asking. 

167826[/snapback]

ewerk tbh

167958[/snapback]

Bit harsh.

167816[/snapback]

Another long term injury to Moore and we're looking at Taylor & Bramble as first choice, which is as bad a parnership as we've had there in recent years.

167827[/snapback]

As bad as a long term injury to Carr, Babyaro or dare I say it Ameobi? We've more pressing needs to deal with first.

As bad as a long term injury to Carr, Babyaro or dare I say it Ameobi? We've more pressing needs to deal with first.

167970[/snapback]

More than Carr? Yes. The other two positions are being dealt with, I can't see how that affects our urgent need for a top quality centre-back.

167970[/snapback]

More than Carr? Yes. The other two positions are being dealt with, I can't see how that affects our urgent need for a top quality centre-back.

167977[/snapback]

The other two positions are hopefully being dealt with but after buying a new LB and hopefully two new strikers I can't see us having much left in the coffers to cover Campbell's wages.

The other two positions are hopefully being dealt with but after buying a new LB and hopefully two new strikers I can't see us having much left in the coffers to cover Campbell's wages.

167981[/snapback]

I'd get rid of Boumsong on a free, who is supposedly on 35k, if it meant getting Campbell in. He will probably never be the player he was again, but half a Campbell is better than Boumsong, and I reckon he'll have something to prove.

his sanity being the first thing.

lets be honest campbell is way better than any of our other cb's.

we do need a quality left back and 2x centre forwards... but if the rumors are correct then cole could be at real madrid by this time next week (wengers offered him to capello for 15 mill or 30 mill for chelsea)

which means chelsea would only have bridge or gallas as lb....

So according to Anal O. Kuyt is shite because he had a poor World Cup, Klose is shite even though he had a good World Cup, but isn't wanted by any top team (which of course has nothing to do with Bremen saying that he is not for sale unless someone comes up with really ridiculous money).

On the other hand Michael Bridges is a top lad who is so keen on playing for his beloved Newcastle United that he wants to be as close to St. James' as possible and that's why he is now fishing for a move to the club down the road...

Anal O. really has a xenophobic complex. It probably has to do with those Italian hooligans chasing him or a certain foreing player trying to chin him (I wouldn't have minded if either had been successful).

So according to Anal O. Kuyt is shite because he had a poor World Cup, Klose is shite even though he had a good World Cup, but isn't wanted by any top team (which of course has nothing to do with Bremen saying that he is not for sale unless someone comes up with really ridiculous money).

On the other hand Michael Bridges is a top lad who is so keen on playing for his beloved Newcastle United that he wants to be as close to St. James' as possible and that's why he is now fishing for a move to the club down the road...

Anal O. really has a xenophobic complex. It probably has to do with those Italian hooligans chasing him or a certain foreing player trying to chin him (I wouldn't have minded if either had been successful).

167989[/snapback]

Let's face it, that's not the first or the last Anal assault by a Newcastle player.

I agree with you about Oliver, fucking racist scumbag.

167989[/snapback]

Let's face it, that's not the first or the last Anal assault by a Newcastle player.

167990[/snapback]

At the very best Anal is a xenophobic, inward looking and predjudiced little man, and thats at best. However some of his views are shared by a certain section of toon fans that all things foreign are bad and all things geordie are good, the truht as always is never that simple.

167989[/snapback]

167990[/snapback]

At the very best Anal is a xenophobic, inward looking and predjudiced little man, and thats at best. However some of his views are shared by a certain section of toon fans that all things foreign are bad and all things geordie are good, the truht as always is never that simple.

168052[/snapback]

:lol:;)

it's not...?

Holy Invading Hordes Batman

:blush:

;)

yes, this was a useful post

167989[/snapback]

167990[/snapback]

168052[/snapback]

:lol:;)

it's not...?

Holy Invading Hordes Batman

:blush:

;)

yes, this was a useful post

168055[/snapback]

Am i detecting some subtle and almost imperceptible trace of sarcasm here??? :blush:

Am i detecting some subtle and almost imperceptible trace of sarcasm here???  ;)

168060[/snapback]

Holy "Ultimate-Detective-Putting-To-Shame"ness Batman

:lol:

;)

167989[/snapback]

I like the way he suggests that the likes of Kuyt and Klose aren't really good enough for us because they've never played in the Premiership - the be all and end all of football.

By the way, one player we haven't been linked with is Forlan - I guess that will change if he scores against us on Saturday.