Friendly: Newcastle United vs Villareal

MattM4

50 Cent scored nine times with Butt scoring twice and Mendieta handing him the no. 99 shirt he wore in 1982's Champions League final between a Falklands XI and Argentina.

171110[/snapback]

Aww, let down by saying 1982 rather than 1985 :lol:

I miss that brednboro poster. reckon we can find him?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a 5 page thread about our friendly match on the mackems message board, but they're not sad, bitter and obsessed of course, and its not like they have anythign else to be concerneed with like, i don't know, perhaps their own team!

Mind you they had about 6 seperate threads when we played PSV so they're getting better!

Canny game for a pre season friendly.

Nicky Butt was excellent, not just for his goals.

Parker and emre looked solid if a little unspectacular.

Luque and Shola both seemed to drift in and out of the game.

The back four looked unconvincing.

Love the little lad at the end giving Nicky Butt a bottle and then patting him on the back  :blink:

171116[/snapback]

Aye, noticed that; very cute. :lol:

The cameras cut to some aging hippy around the 60th minute, I found myself wondering if that tie-dye bandana was hiding a shiny heed.

Was Alex at the match?

Guest Patrokles
Shepherd having dinner with Ibrahimovic.  I hope he chewed with his mouth closed, the fat twat.

171091[/snapback]

The most over-rated striker in the world ever? Oh good.

171093[/snapback]

Agreed, I hope to fuck we aren't looking to sign that loon.

171095[/snapback]

But look at this goal!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7ITRuG1jK8Q

OMG YOUTUBE SCOUTING!!111

171099[/snapback]

Thing about that goal, though, is that the defenders all look like they're playing bodyguard and trying to take bullets for Ibrahimovic rather than tackle him. I'd not denying he's technically gifted, but the ball wasn't exactly glued to his feet at any point in the run, nor was it really a run. More a stroll.

Just got back from the game.

We were good in spells in the first half, but didnt look interested. Second half, we kept the ball well, but lacked pace at the back.

Frustrating to see idiots boo our own players, and even more frustating to see them wanking over them at the end.

SJP was full of kids :blink: , but a decent afternoon out, although in hindsight, I should've just stayed in and watched it on the telly.

But I wouldn't be a superfan then, would I? :lol:

Regsrding that rumour about ibrahimovic. As if freddy shepherd would be daft enough to take imbrahimavic to lunch in the toon where everyone could see them!!!

Also, do we need graveson now that Butt looks like a footballer again?

Regsrding that rumour about ibrahimovic. As if freddy shepherd would be daft enough to take imbrahimavic to lunch in the toon where everyone could see them!!!

171142[/snapback]

Kneejerk tbh. 30 mins of a good game.

True it's a well known fact that all players are smuggled through an underground pipeline where interviews are conducted while they feast on rats in the NUFC batcave.

171142[/snapback]

Yes, Faye out, Gravesen in, DEPTH!

True it's a well known fact that all players are smuggled through an underground pipeline where interviews are conducted while they feast on rats in the NUFC batcave.

171142[/snapback]

Yes, Faye out, Gravesen in, DEPTH!

171149[/snapback]

Not to mention monumental upgrade

Guest Patrokles

Thing is, the same people who boo Butt et al are the ones who descry public unveilings and the training open day as 'cringe-worthy.' Which is, you know. Ironic.

Thing is, the same people who boo Butt et al are the ones who descry public unveilings and the training open day as 'cringe-worthy.' Which is, you know. Ironic.

171156[/snapback]

The Boo's did appear fairly high pitched, in an Aled Jones pre-ball drop sort of way

Obafemi Martins.

171155[/snapback]

:lol:

Good to see Butt answer some critics. Hopefully his two goals with give him a boot up the arse so we don't have a ginger waster on our books...or tempt someone to take him off our hands.

Obafemi Martins.

171155[/snapback]

:blink:

Good to see Butt answer some critics. Hopefully his two goals with give him a boot up the arse so we don't have a ginger waster on our books...or tempt someone to take him off our hands.

171158[/snapback]

The majority of the crowd at St James Park were kids.

Infact, around 95% percent were kids, and its for that reason only, I won't be attending anymore friendly games :lol:

Infact, around 95% percent were kids, and its for that reason only, I won't be attending anymore friendly games :blink:

171159[/snapback]

Leave your soopafan badge with reception please. :lol:

Obafemi Martins.

171155[/snapback]

:lol:

171158[/snapback]

Infact, around 95% percent were kids, and its for that reason only, I won't be attending anymore friendly games :lol:

171159[/snapback]

There were loads of them making fools of themselves in front of the cameras. :lol:

There seemed to be more new away shirts than home when the camera panned over the crowd, is there a sale on? :lol:

Oh and when they zoomed in on that bloke with the bandana and the commentator said: "There's a bonny lad" I fell off the bed laughing. :blink:

Me telly blew up in the 57th minute so I had to go downstairs!!!

Guest Patrokles
Obafemi Martins.

171155[/snapback]

171158[/snapback]

171159[/snapback]

I hear that they were also enjoying the game. GOD I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE DO THAT. The nerve!

Edited by Patrokles

Obafemi Martins.

171155[/snapback]

171158[/snapback]

171159[/snapback]

I hear that they were also enjoying the game. GOD I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE DO THAT. The nerve!

171165[/snapback]

I didnt knock them. I just felt odd sitting in a stand full of kids.