Quinny Oot

Scottish Mag

Wednesday August 9th

Sunderland chairman expects quick turnaround

QUINN: QUINN MUST PERFORM

By Roald Jewell

Newly-installed Sunderland chaiman Niall Quinn tonight gave a clear indication of expectations to newly-installed Sunderland manager Niall Quinn. "It's been disappointing" said a downheartened Quinn after he watched the Black Cats lose their opening two games of the season. "I've had a chat with Niall and he understands what I feel about how we've started, I think maybe at first we didn't quite understand each other but that's all sorted out now. I fully believe he can turn us around". The Sunderland boss, who spent the first half of the defeat against Birmingham sat in the stands alongside his chairman and consortium backer Sigmund Freud, played down speculation his job is on the line. "I don't think the chairman would fire me, we're similar people and we're both here for the long haul."

On the transfer front, Sunderland look set to seal a swoop for Aston Villa pair Eric Djemba and Eric Djemba, who Quinn hopes to employ on the left and right wings respectively.

Edited by Matt

Wednesday August 9th

By Roald Jewell

Newly-installed Sunderland chaiman Niall Quinn tonight gave a clear indication of expectations to newly-installed Sunderland manager Niall Quinn. "It's been disappointing" said a downheartened Quinn after he watched the Black Cats lose their opening two games of the season. "I've had a chat with Niall and he understands what I feel about how we've started, I think maybe at first we didn't quite understand each other but that's all sorted out now. I fully believe he can turn us around". The Sunderland boss, who spent the first half of the defeat against Birmingham sat in the stands alongside his chairman and consortium backer Sigmund Freud, played down speculation his job is on the line. "I don't think the chairman would fire me, we're similar people and we're both here for the long haul."

On the transfer front, Sunderland look set to seal a swoop for Aston Villa pair Eric Djemba and Eric Djemba, who Quinn hopes to employ on the left and right wings respectively.

173928[/snapback]

pmsl :):razz::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Wednesday August 9th

By Roald Jewell

173928[/snapback]

Christ! Sure he didn't do interviews during the infamous Hitzfeld campaign?