Working Mens Clerbs

sweetleftpeg

My lasses Dad is in a band and plays mostly in WMCs. I went to see him play at the Top Club (Cath will probably know where it is) and i've never seen so many rough fuckers in my life. I'd hazard a guess that the Osmond family had more teeth than all of the people in there added together.

177944[/snapback]

The Top Club is probably the classiest WMC I've seen.

177972[/snapback]

we are obviously not talking about the Top Club in Throckley then............

There was one over Bedlington/Ashington way in a converted country house - did archery, golf 'naalll - a mate of mine was a member but I don't know if its till there

178037[/snapback]

Naa I'm talking South Sheels.

Proper classy:

2 pool cue's (one with a nib).

A bronze bin with black flowers painted on under almost every table so that when the mountain of ash in your ashtray is too high you can dispose of it without waiting for a potlad.

A Bronze sign outside with ALL the letters remaining in tact.

A pickled egg jar within it's sell by date.

Posh as anything.

178060[/snapback]

I'm talking Usworth

178067[/snapback]

Rough is NOT the word :lol:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

some bloke came in for his birthday with a massive spread on and more fucking tin foil surrounding it then you can imagine - he was a mute or somethng and like there was two people there..

177941[/snapback]

Can anyone remember The Amazing Mute on the SMB? :lol:

Had a class avatar of a bloke with his mouth bound and would reply in perfectly serious threads just going "Mmmmf fmmmmf mmmmmfffffff". :razz:

177945[/snapback]

I'd forgotten about him. I laughed til I ached at his threads :razz:

Always drank in WMC, more when i was younger as we'd always go and have a few cheap pints before heading for the town, cheap drink, snooker tables, and big tellys for the games, but the best thing i like about them is that theres no women allowed in the bar.

Not sure if this is a Walker, Byker thing though as most the pubs are shite and there's a WMC more or less on every corner, being a working class area, all though there's only a small minority actually seem to do any work nowadays.

Always drank in WMC, more when i was younger as we'd always go and have a few cheap pints before heading for the town, cheap drink, snooker tables, and big tellys for the games, but the best thing i like about them is that theres no women allowed in the bar.

Not sure if this is a Walker, Byker thing though as most the pubs are shite and there's a WMC more or less on every corner, being a working class area, all though there's only a small minority actually seem to do any work nowadays.

178091[/snapback]

Walker, Byker, Walsend, Howdon.

Anyone ever eat them pickled eggs?

I got hoyed oot for throwing one. From the Paddock bar, theres one for Rob W. that bar yesterday I got stuck with was the Chancellors in the Bigg market

Edited by bobbyshinton

Wor lad was a roadie for a band so I have been in just about every WMC in the North East....used to love sitting in the Commitees seats during soundcheck just to piss them off and TALKING during the Bingo :razz: Best night was in Steels club in Mackem land one friday night, I sat down at the first table and was moved along " That's Deckas seat " so I moved to the next table...."That's Deckas seat anall "...so I moved along..."Hurrumph" ..don't tell me that was Deckas table as well so I finally went over the other side of the room....an hour later "Decka" came in...he was about 70 years old wearing a shiny two tone suit, grey Timpsons slip on shoes and lards of charver rolled gold dripping off him...he was accompanied by about 9 "Young Ladies" and you could tell right off they were of loose morals...the regulars then proceeded to have a quiet word with Decka which involved money changing hands under the table and the said local and young lady disappearing off in the general direction of the toilets !!!! :lol:

I used to go to a WM as an ex-boyfriend's friend worked there. Needless to say, I found the no women at the bar rule more than a little objectionable. Especially considering all the staff serving at the bar were female (including his friend).

178326[/snapback]

WMC's are crap.

And who wants to go somewhere where there is no women anyway.

I used to go to a WM as an ex-boyfriend's friend worked there. Needless to say, I found the no women at the bar rule more than a little objectionable. Especially considering all the staff serving at the bar were female (including his friend).

178326[/snapback]

WMC's are crap.

And who wants to go somewhere where there is no women anyway.

178327[/snapback]

Bridget's boyfriend. Go figure. :lol: