PATHETIC

Noelie

Noelie are you in the early stages of dementia?

184664[/snapback]

If you mean am I demented cos nee bugger could score a goal then YES, but I think I'm in the later stages of dementia cos I expect some sod to put one away when it's aal gannin wor way :blink:

184680[/snapback]

I agree that it was disappointing that we didn't score, but to say that we were pathetic tonight is just daft man!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

184664[/snapback]

If you mean am I demented cos nee bugger could score a goal then YES, but I think I'm in the later stages of dementia cos I expect some sod to put one away when it's aal gannin wor way :blink:

184680[/snapback]

I agree that it was disappointing that we didn't score, but to say that we were pathetic tonight is just daft man!

184681[/snapback]

Perhaps I should have been more specific and said that I thought the inability to score a goal after totally dominating the game throughout against a mediocre team was PATHETIC and was no reflection on wor lots performence overall.

Bottom line is GOALS, if you can't score you can't win, albeit we won on aggregate. :lol:

184664[/snapback]

184680[/snapback]

184681[/snapback]

Perhaps I should have been more specific and said that I thought the inability to score a goal after totally dominating the game throughout against a mediocre team was PATHETIC and was no reflection on wor lots performence overall.

Bottom line is GOALS, if you can't score you can't win, albeit we won on aggregate. :lol:

184689[/snapback]

That's better :blush:

Was disappointing not to score, but credit to the m/f who I think each one o fthem tried several times. Id be interested to see the shots on / blocked stats.

For me Luque was a real problem. I watched him several times in several situation. For me his basic problems were not making his own space, not defending his own space, not attacking the ball. No really, seldom interested.

184664[/snapback]

184680[/snapback]

We didn't score because we didn't appear to be playing with a centre forward due to Luque's inept performance, that and the fact that our chances in the box were restricted by Ventspils defensive attitude. That aside it was an excellent midfield performance and as far as 0-0 draws go it was hugely positive.

Sometimes I wonder what game people are watching. This from N-O re Luque:

There is so much bullsh*t written in this thread makes you wonder if some people actually watched the match...

It seems that most of you are jumping on the bandwagon of Luque being poor and making him the scapegoat of tonight's performance...

It was so sooo frustrating watching the Duff, Milner, Parker and Zogy WASTE SO SOOOO SOOOOOOO MANY CHANCES in front of goal while A SIMPLE PASS TO NON MARKED LUQUE WOULD SURELY HAVE BROUGHT THE GOAL...

I mean, Duff was guitly of stupid crosses that kept going too wide and was all running like a headless chicken...Very little end product which you expect him to provide the ammunition for Luque to do the damage...How many times Duff couldn't stop himself from shooting when an idiot whould have known that a ball can not go through millions of bodies standing in his path...WASTED SO MANY GOOD CHANCED and never created any decent chance for anyone to score when they were in million times better positioned than him...VERY VERY annoyed with him, too greedy...

Milner was very good but also he was guilty of not controlling the ball well when he would have definitely scored...Also didn't give any good service to Luque when Luque was as I said above in so much empty space around him that he would have definitely had a great chance to score if he actually had gotten the ball...

Carr think sometimes he is Robert where he can score from the flanks when a simple pass and good cross would have done the trick...

Alll in all...People who are blaming Luque for not doing anything...Well how the f**k he is going to do something when EVERYONE THINK THEY CAN SCORE THEMSELVES and not pass it to Luque who on so many occasions was literaly by himself alone with no marking on him whatsoever in front of the goal...

Best NUFC player had to be Parker for his box to box play and Emre for trying so hard to create something and score from long range distance on a number of occasions and they were really good chances...

Worst player Duff for being soooo GREEDY and trying to SUPER HERO while a simple pass to team mates would have done the trick...

I make no apologies to anyone who might be looking in from NO for copying and pasting this onto here - it's not two-faced because I've told the mong that wrote it how clueless he is on there already. :blink:

I just don't think I've ever seen anyone misread a game as badly as this before. Blinded by love for Luque.

Sometimes I wonder what game people are watching.  This from N-O re Luque:

There is so much bullsh*t written in this thread makes you wonder if some people actually watched the match...

It seems that most of you are jumping on the bandwagon of Luque being poor and making him the scapegoat of tonight's performance...

It was so sooo frustrating watching the Duff, Milner, Parker and Zogy WASTE SO SOOOO SOOOOOOO MANY CHANCES in front of goal while A SIMPLE PASS TO NON MARKED LUQUE WOULD SURELY HAVE BROUGHT THE GOAL...

I mean, Duff was guitly of stupid crosses that kept going too wide and was all running like a headless chicken...Very little end product which you expect him to provide the ammunition for Luque to do the damage...How many times Duff couldn't stop himself from shooting when an idiot whould have known that a ball can not go through millions of bodies standing in his path...WASTED SO MANY GOOD CHANCED and never created any decent chance for anyone to score when they were in million times better positioned than him...VERY VERY annoyed with him, too greedy...

Milner was very good but also he was guilty of not controlling the ball well when he would have definitely scored...Also didn't give any good service to Luque when Luque was as I said above in so much empty space around him that he would have definitely had a great chance to score if he actually had gotten the ball...

Carr think sometimes he is Robert where he can score from the flanks when a simple pass and good cross would have done the trick...

Alll in all...People who are blaming Luque for not doing anything...Well how the f**k he is going to do something when EVERYONE THINK THEY CAN SCORE THEMSELVES and not pass it to Luque who on so many occasions was literaly by himself alone with no marking on him whatsoever in front of the goal...

Best NUFC player had to be Parker for his box to box play and Emre for trying so hard to create something and score from long range distance on a number of occasions and they were really good chances...

Worst player Duff for being soooo GREEDY and trying to SUPER HERO while a simple pass to team mates would have done the trick...

I make no apologies to anyone who might be looking in from NO for copying and pasting this onto here - it's not two-faced because I've told the mong that wrote it how clueless he is on there already. :blink:

I just don't think I've ever seen anyone misread a game as badly as this before. Blinded by love for Luque.

184738[/snapback]

'Best player was Parker for his box to box play.'

Unless I had some incredibly long blinks, Ventspils hardly got in our half the whole game so how on earth could Parker give a great box to box display?????

Like I said to someone at half time, think back to the home cup games against poor opposition under Souness where we created fuck all and looked like the plan was 'work hard, don't concede, and we'll sneak a goal.' Duff, the Zog, Emre and Milner were obviously told to express themselves (HEY! HEY!) and they did. I thought it was a canny game to watch personally, on another night we would have had 4 or 5.

I agree Luque was gash, and although he played very well generally, I didn't think Milner exactly played as a striker. Beat people for fun, and looked inventive, but if I hadn't been told otherwise at the start of the coverage I wouldn't have thought he was playing up front.

Cracking free kick mind, didn't know he could hit them.

Milner has moved ahead of Nobby on the right for my money from now on. In fact, I would play Zog on the left, Duff on the right, and have Solano down to third choice for the right wing slot behind Milner in a 4-4-2 (which we'll surely be playing with Martins and Shola up front).

Jesus, talk about feast or famine. The team played really well and only a goal was missing. Ok, the oppostion were poor but we were never in any danger of losing and we lacked a focal point for our attack. In particular the midfield quartet and Milner played well but the back four strolled through the game too. Only minus for me was that Luque still looks like he couldn't give two shits and was very ordinary, again.

Shola would have murdered them last night. Like to here from MattM4 as to whether or not he thinks we missed him?

184767[/snapback]

Totally agree.

Shola would have murdered them last night. Like to here from MattM4 as to whether or not he thinks we missed him?

184767[/snapback]

Totally agree.

184769[/snapback]

Fuck it seems very strange to be thinking we could miss Ameobi but it was the case.

Heres my tuppence worth about luque.

I thought he did ok. made a few runs, got into space, worked the channels.

he doesnt seem to have that 'poaching' mentality that shearer had or owen has in that they'd chase lost causes or close down the keeper in case he fumbles a cross or whatever.

to me - he seemed to be playing the support role to another striker when in fact he was that striker.

he doesnt seem to have that 'poaching' mentality that shearer had or owen has in that they'd chase lost causes or close down the keeper in case he fumbles a cross or whatever.

to me - he seemed to be playing the support role to another striker when in fact he was that striker.

184775[/snapback]

I'd agree with most of that, he certainly isn't what you would call a 'box player'. His movement, i.e. taking gambles to go near post etc. when the ball is played in the box is nonexistent, it's just not his game. He's poor in the air too. Trouble is, because he lacks pace, playing upfront with Shola would leave us short of pace up front and because he lacks a physical presence, I think playing upfront with Martins would mean we lack a physical presence too.

184775[/snapback]

I'd agree with most of that, he certainly isn't what you would call a 'box player'. His movement, i.e. taking gambles to go near post etc. when the ball is played in the box is nonexistent, it's just not his game. He's poor in the air too. Trouble is, because he lacks pace, playing upfront with Shola would leave us short of pace up front and because he lacks a physical presence, I think playing upfront with Martins would mean we lack a physical presence too.

184778[/snapback]

Martin's has a lot of physical presence, just not in the air.

That lad on NO is still going on about what a WASTEFUL SELFISH SHIT Duff is. :blink:

184746[/snapback]

GOT to be Aimaad, PLEASE tell me there aren't two people this STUPID!

184767[/snapback]

Totally agree.

184769[/snapback]

:blink: Give the lad a break, I was only having a go at him about this a couple of days ago.

184775[/snapback]

184778[/snapback]

Martin's has a lot of physical presence, just not in the air.

184779[/snapback]

Aye, that was what I meant really - aerial threat. I know he's strong.

That lad on NO is still going on about what a WASTEFUL SELFISH SHIT Duff is. :blink:

184746[/snapback]

GOT to be Aimaad, PLEASE tell me there aren't two people this STUPID!

184780[/snapback]

SLK he's called. Aussie bloke.

Re Shola, I think he would have bagged a couple last night. And I hope I never have to watch that Spanish ponce play for us again.