Alan Oliver

Gemmill

"Glenn Roeder finally landed his No.1 target last night in an audacious swoop for Frenchman Antoine Sibierski. Rumours that the manager was after a defender or striker are wide of the mark the club are well stocked in those positions with the emergence of young homegrown talents such as Taylor and Ramage and the £10million capture of Nigerian sensation Obafemi Martins who achieved his dream move to Newcastle recently."

190035[/snapback]

House in the bar (continuing the Anal bingo theme!)

Odds on we'll have a 'but it's my understanding...etc.'

Also, I can guarantee he'll have an interview with either Clark/Taylor/Ramage where these hard working Geordie Legends will tell us the squad have never been so together and are delighted with the new signings. When the club are under pressure, they ALWAYS get a popular local player to spin it.

Aye I forgot about that. They'll be wheeling out the local boys for a spot of spin. Let's have a no-holds-barred interview with Damien Duff about the promises he was made when he signed. I bet he's about as disappointed as the rest of us. Shay Given an'all.

"Despite calls from some Newcastle fans for Shepherd to publicly apologise to James Milner, I can reveal that I have just got off the phone with the young England prospect and he's glad to be 'back home' in Freddie's loving bosom."

Soopafan Local Geordie Boy legend club talisman and Geordienation fan favourite Lee 'Geordie Soopafan' Clark is desperate to Keep foreigner Sibeeeerrski out of the Local Geordie nation squad.

D'Ohliver was blatantly a beta of the shit he spouts nowadays

"It is my understanding that I was behind a member on GEORDIE fansite Newcastle Online and I would not be surprised If the GEORDIE NATION had found out this already"

Here we go!

Newcastle United made a late beat-the-deadline bid to bring international defenders Lucas Neill and Zat Knight to St James' Park - but both failed.

And United's £2m bid for Middlesbrough striker and Aussie colleague of Neill's, Mark Viduka, was also rejected, leaving United's only deadline acquisition as Manchester City's French midfielder Antoine Sibierski.

And on a day when some of the happenings in football were nothing short of amazing, United stopped James Milner from signing for Aston Villa for £5m after their young striker had been given permission to travel to the Midlands yesterday morning.

Glenn Roeder had to face Milner at the club's training ground this morning and I just do not know what the Newcastle United boss could say to his England Under-21 international, who must be feeling lower than the proverbial snake's belly.

On Wednesday morning Roeder was confident that he would sign Robert Huth, Viduka and the versatile Blackburn Rovers defender Neill.

But Huth, his No 1 defensive target from the moment he took over in May, was allowed to agree a £6m deal with Middlesbrough instead of coming to St James' Park.

However, in the end Huth stayed at Chelsea because Jose Mourinho felt he was short of a central defender following a switch between William Gallas and Ashley Cole.

The Cole-Gallas deal was only done with minutes to spare and far too late for United to get Wayne Bridge to St James' Park.

This will probably happen in January but that is a million miles away as far as United supporters are concerned.

And in Viduka, Milner, Huth and Bridge I would say there are four very unhappy footballers today.

Roeder himself would have been a lot happier had he been able to pull off either the Neill or the Knight deals but time was always going to be against him.

And after receiving a `no' from Mark Hughes in response to his £2.5m bid for Neill, Roeder was rejected again by Chris Coleman at Fulham when he asked about Knight.

Knight, who actually has two England caps and played in New Jersey when Michael Owen grabbed his hat-trick, would have given United some much-needed height.

Now they will have to look to the 32-year-old Sibierski to do that.

Roeder said: "Sibierski is a versatile player as he can play in several positions and his best asset is that he is good in the air."

Meanwhile, Espanyol came in with a late bid for Albert Luque but it was so low United could not take it seriously.

Aye, Huth has gone to Boro. Utter spastic.

I love the way Huth has been our key transfer target since April, but the first Huth heard of it is when we tried to hijack his medical at Boro. His SECOND medical at Boro, after they already tried to sign him a month or two ago. Way to get your man, Glenn!

We should be pleased we failed then.

Zat Knight is absolutely woeful.

We all had concerns over Roeder's player spotting and transfer policies and this window has really shown we've not been targeting the right players.

Should anyone take over the club, it won't be long before there is a management roeder-re-shuffle.

However, in the end Huth stayed at Chelsea because Jose Mourinho felt he was short of a central defender following a switch between William Gallas and Ashley Cole.

Great journalism, seeing as today the reports are that he has signed, fud!

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...rm+Huth+arrival

190363[/snapback]

For fuck's sake, I'm a journalist and if I were as unprofessional as Oliver, I'd be out on my arse after the next article.

Sibierski is a versatile player as he can play in several positions

I hope one of them is in defence!

190369[/snapback]

Jack of all trades, master of none tbh.

190371[/snapback]

Better than Aaron Hughes though?

190374[/snapback]

NO-ONE is better than Aaron Hughes man.

190369[/snapback]

190371[/snapback]

190374[/snapback]

NO-ONE is better than Aaron Hughes man.

190375[/snapback]

Well, Edson Aarontes de Hughesimento wasn't faced with any problems last Sunday. You can make as many jokes as you like about him, but in the end he was a proper utility player we are lacking now in defence

190369[/snapback]

190371[/snapback]

190374[/snapback]

BURN HIM!!