Even more insulting than "Geordie women are dogs"

Gemmill

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If LM caught Shepherd with his missus, he'd think of an excuse for him tbh.

192110[/snapback]

look. i know he shagged my missus but i'll let him off because we're the 5th best club in the premiership and and anyway, he didn't shag her as badly as mckeag did.

Edited by Dan

Perhaps our timing was wrong. If we had signed Damien Duff or Oba Martins on transfer deadline day our fans would have been dancing in the street.

In other words, "Our fans are idiots. All I need to do is give them big money signings and they will be blind to everything else." I missed this yesterday, but that's how low his opinion is of the fans' intelligence. :lol:

191776[/snapback]

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?...ndpost&p=191475

:lol:

Perhaps our timing was wrong. If we had signed Damien Duff or Oba Martins on transfer deadline day our fans would have been dancing in the street.

In other words, "Our fans are idiots. All I need to do is give them big money signings and they will be blind to everything else." I missed this yesterday, but that's how low his opinion is of the fans' intelligence. :yes

191776[/snapback]

192355[/snapback]

How does it feel to have been ignored? :lol:

If LM caught Shepherd with his missus, he'd think of an excuse for him tbh.

192110[/snapback]

look. i know he shagged my missus but i'll let him off because we're the 5th best club in the premiership and and anyway, he didn't shag her as badly as mckeag did.

192343[/snapback]

Lord Westwood had a little pecker etc.

In other words, "Our fans are idiots. All I need to do is give them big money signings and they will be blind to everything else." I missed this yesterday, but that's how low his opinion is of the fans' intelligence. :)

191776[/snapback]

192355[/snapback]

How does it feel to have been ignored? :lol:

192364[/snapback]

Jeez you've more comebacks than George Foreman! :yes

An inspired piece of business that like, Bernard on a free  :lol:

191895[/snapback]

As I said, having spent the budget on 2 [hopefully] quality players [meaning Martins will hopefully be worth his fee] if there was no money left, we have to accept that. Unless you think we should have bought 4 or 5 distinctly average players with the money, which will get us absolutely nowhere because they won't be any better than the ones we already have, Luque apart, or not good enough for the club.

Quality is the name of the game. If Martins and Duff do what we want, then you simply can't fault the transfers in, come next summer's budget - or earlier - we can get more money together and target the defenders then, and not before.

This is how it should be done, and/or how it will have to be done. It calls for good judgement, and a bit of luck with injuries as always.

Bear in mind if Owen is transferred for a good fee, then we will need to use the money to replace him, for someone who actually plays, and we might have some extra money left to go for this defender in that event.

You can't spend what isn't there, and I am happy with how they have spent their money - assuming Martins is a success, if not then we are in shit street again. And if he is a flop it might actually have a good side which would be to make idiots who harp on all the time about expensive foreigners think twice about the risks they involve.

I am simply amazed at the amount of people [dopes?] on here, who STILL think we have a bottomless pit of money.

191928[/snapback]

Im not one of those that thinks we have a bottomless pit of cash. What this thread is about though is Freds blatant disregard for the fans. Comments such as this show what he thinks of us (you included). Duff I believe is a quality signing, Martins may or may not be, time will tell. However we needed the defence strengthening and as has been said before, if we only had 15 or so million to spend then we shouldnt have blown it on two signings. Cole went to Portsmouth for 500k, we know what he can do, we could have had him, other names mentioned in this thread would have created a strong squad for the price of Duff. For me, Duff and 4 or 5 of those others would have been a better way to spend 15 million.

More importantly though and back on track, is the way Shepherd uses the media as his mouthpiece telling us two days before the deadline that we are nailed on for 2 or 3 quality signings. Why do that? why not just say, we've signed Martins and Duff and now we're skint?

191964[/snapback]

I'll reply to this tomorrow as well mate, it;s late. Firstly I don't take any notice of what he says. I realise he is just talking up the club, there is nothing wrong with that. We all do it. If you have a job interview, or are trying to sell something, you do the same. He might talk shite sometimes, but so what ? Ignore it. ... its the team that counts. And yes we know Alan Oliver is an idiot, and a yes man.

Bed is calling ..........

191998[/snapback]

To expand on this as an answer to Matt.

It is of course quite true that we could have had Cole for a small fee, Jason Roberts as I have said, and had a bit of dosh left over for a short term ? defender ????? What then is the difference between doing this, or buying a quality forward [in the manager's judgement] and a short term defender, which is what they have done ?

Either way, there is a problem position that they wanted to strengthen, and they know what it is and will act when they feel they can get a player they want. Personally, if we had signed a good left back for a fee, and it meant we were going into the season with Ameobi and Luque having to play a lot of games, I wouldn't be happy with that.

I do agree that Shepherd doesn't do himself any favours by opening his gob, it detracts from the good job the board has done, but at the end of the day I'm just more bothered about what happens on the pitch than what he say. If he wants to make a fool of himself why do you care ? Its not you he's making a fool of, and for anyone who thinks people are laughing at all of us then IMO I meet people from all around the country and I can tell you, that that is a load of bollocks, nobody actually gives a toss what any chairman anywhere say, they just look at the football teams and most would swap their positions [and their board] for ours.

As a reply to him saying things which show what he thinks of us, then I can say that the previous directors who watched the club struggling for over 3 decades, selling our best players and living in the past showed their disregard for us in a far worse way altogether, and totally unlike them, Shepherd want success for the club for themselves of course, lets not deny that, but they want success for the club for the right reasons as well.

I think - so far as this summer goes - Roeder is the manager, he has chosen to spend his money on those players and targetted where and who he wanted, so - as always - the ball is in his court, and he has to take responsibility or the credit when we see what unfolds.

I'll reply to this tomorrow as well mate, it;s late. Firstly I don't take any notice of what he says. I realise he is just talking up the club, there is nothing wrong with that. We all do it. If you have a job interview, or are trying to sell something, you do the same. He might talk shite sometimes, but so what ? Ignore it. ... its the team that counts. And yes we know Alan Oliver is an idiot, and a yes man.

Bed is calling  ..........

191998[/snapback]

But why talk up the club? there's no need to do it at transfer time and frankly its silly to do it when you have players to offload. Tell your rivals that you're after some world class players when you're trying to flog them one and they'll push their luck on the price, they know you need the cash and dont need the player so you have to get rid. You've automatically created your own problems. Buyers market and all that jazz.

This is what gets me, its the way Fred does it, its the fact that he feels the need to do what you call "bigging the club up" and I call "lying to try and appease the fans". There wasnt a need for it, if he or Glenn had come out and said "Thats us done, no more major signings this window" then I'd have thought "you're taking the piss mate, we need to strengthen" but at least I wouldnt have felt like they were taking us for fools.

192008[/snapback]

As an add on to last nights late response .....

I agree they should tell us the money has run out. Some of the kids might be fooled by such shite, and I know it can be annoying, but why are you ?

No offence. This is why I ignore it, like I ignore anyone trying to sell me any bullshit. My reply to Matt slighty answers you too I hope.

Does anyone pay any attention to anything Leazes writes anymore. He is just turning into Shepherds mouthpiece. It's becoming embarrasing TBH.

192103[/snapback]

Shame mate, but going by your username - it suggests you remember the old board, and so would have seen quite a bit and have a different perspective, and so if you seriously think the current board are so bad, THAT is embarrassing.

191998[/snapback]

But why talk up the club? there's no need to do it at transfer time and frankly its silly to do it when you have players to offload. Tell your rivals that you're after some world class players when you're trying to flog them one and they'll push their luck on the price, they know you need the cash and dont need the player so you have to get rid. You've automatically created your own problems. Buyers market and all that jazz.

This is what gets me, its the way Fred does it, its the fact that he feels the need to do what you call "bigging the club up" and I call "lying to try and appease the fans". There wasnt a need for it, if he or Glenn had come out and said "Thats us done, no more major signings this window" then I'd have thought "you're taking the piss mate, we need to strengthen" but at least I wouldnt have felt like they were taking us for fools.

192008[/snapback]

I agree they should tell us the money has run out. Some of the kids might be fooled by such shite, and I know it can be annoying, but why are you ?

No offence. This is why I ignore it, like I ignore anyone trying to sell me any bullshit. My reply to Matt slighty answers you too I hope.

192696[/snapback]

Im fooled by it because I want to believe what Im told, I would however prefer to be told the truth, even if he didnt come out and say "we're skint" Id just prefer he said nothing rather than fill us with shite about top name players.

191998[/snapback]

192008[/snapback]

192696[/snapback]

Im fooled by it because I want to believe what Im told, I would however prefer to be told the truth, even if he didnt come out and say "we're skint" Id just prefer he said nothing rather than fill us with shite about top name players.

192698[/snapback]

Fair enough. Maybe I'm cynical ..... having been let down big style by the last bastards for over 30 years - selling our best players, struggling and being relegated, standing in a pig sty with a roof on - up to reading all the arseholes these days gobbing off in papers all the time - from all clubs - I don't believe a word anyone in football says. Apart from Kevin Keegan, he's probably the only one I've believed in for years.

Football is all about sales shite mate, bums on seats, agents, rip off merchants, ALL of them, mercenary players and managers, they are all over the game. So long as the people who run the club are showing ambition and I believe they are and they are trying to be succesful, then I will support them. Until someone comes along and convinces me they can, will, and want to do better.

This business about people's personalities, and what they say. What does it matter ? You support the football club. I might not like Shepherd if I knew him, so what. I probably wouldn't have liked Craig Bellamy if I met him, but i didn't give a toss about that because he gave everything for the club. I might have liked Boumsong but I don't give a shite about that because he was a waste of money.

EDIT. Look at it another way, if we are successful and start winning trophies, people won't like us because of that. So what does it matter if some people don't like us now - and believe it, a lot of people around the country actually do like us, other than their own teams a lot of neutral fans would like us to win something, because they know we have tried like fook and they know the majority of us are great supporters and deserve it. At least they do for the moment, until we do win something and - the fans - start to behave like arrogant tossers of other winning clubs, then they won't. In fact, a lot of fans are behaving like arrogant tossers even when we aren't winning something...but some people haven't quite cottoned onto it yet....

But do Chelsea fans care nobody like them or Abramovic ? Do Manu fans care nobody likes them ? Do they shite.

Edited by LeazesMag

Either way, there is a problem position that they wanted to strengthen, and they know what it is and will act when they feel they can get a player they want. Personally, if we had signed a good left back for a fee, and it meant we were going into the season with Ameobi and Luque having to play a lot of games, I wouldn't be happy with that.

Without a doubt a striker was a priority- but £10m was a big hit (even though I think Martins is a quality player and have big hopes for him). We're going to have little choice but to play to our strengths this season- it will be interesting to watch but unless we tighten up the back we'll be dropping too many points on the road.

I really think we could have done with cheap but experienced depth at the back and I can't see how it would have prevented us signing Martins- as we obviously had at least £4m available for our attempt for Huth (which I assume was partly linked with the Viduka and Milner deals). Unlike attackers where we all know there is no substitute for class, you get by with moderate defenders until you hit the top echelons of the league (which isn't really our target right now). I don't rate Moore personally while Bramble looks back to his 'old worst' and Taylor will be rusty and still is far from the finished article. We could have probably shored up the defence pretty well for no more than £4-5m (wage bill permitting of course). I say this now in hindsight but if you'd have asked me in May I'd have said the same.

Perhaps the most disappointing thing about the window was Roeder's spin. He's either continually lied to us or we are useless at closing deals. I don't think it's the latter- with the sort of wedge going round at SJP once we get a player talking seriously we win more than we lose. Roeder had always come across as an honest bloke but let's face it, he's had us strung along all summer.

Mind you, if Zat Knight is the calibre of player we're after and we were prepared to outbid Boro's hefty £6m for Huth, perhaps it's a let off after all.......

Without a doubt a striker was a priority- but £10m was a big hit (even though I think Martins is a quality player and have big hopes for him). We're going to have little choice but to play to our strengths this season- it will be interesting to watch but unless we tighten up the back we'll be dropping too many points on the road.

I really think we could have done with cheap but experienced depth at the back and I can't see how it would have prevented us signing Martins- as we obviously had at least £4m available for our attempt for Huth (which I assume was partly linked with the Viduka and Milner deals). Unlike attackers where we all know there is no substitute for class, you get by with moderate defenders until you hit the top echelons of the league (which isn't really our target right now). I don't rate Moore personally while Bramble looks back to his 'old worst' and Taylor will be rusty and still is far from the finished article. We could have probably shored up the defence pretty well for no more than £4-5m (wage bill permitting of course). I say this now in hindsight but if you'd have asked me in May I'd have said the same.

Perhaps the most disappointing thing about the window was Roeder's spin. He's either continually lied to us or we are useless at closing deals. I don't think it's the latter- with the sort of wedge going round at SJP once we get a player talking seriously we win more than we lose. Roeder had always come across as an honest bloke but let's face it, he's had us strung along all summer.

Mind you, if Zat Knight is the calibre of player we're after and we were prepared to outbid Boro's hefty £6m for Huth, perhaps it's a let off after all.......

192744[/snapback]

I dont rate Roeder as either the best or worst manager we have had. However, I honestly think he is an honest bloke.

Dont think his record as captain or manager suggests he would bullshit in this way. I think he wants to appease the fans and was naive in telling us that we were close. In future i suspect he will keep his trap shut until he is certain rather than 99%.

Despite the kids on NO suggesting Taylor is the next Bobby Moore for the last year, i have seen more than enough rash challenges and bluster to worry me. Titus was further ahead than Taylor at 19. He is also lacking in real pace andm dives in far too often. Hope he learns but not convinced at all.

Moore is steady at best

Ramage wont be a footballer at that level as long as he draws breath.

Bramble, as we all know, has the footballing abililty but no concentration and makes daft decisions. He does bring the ball out and despite many saying he hoofs it into row Z every time....well that is nonsense. He overhits occasionally but more often than not plays short to midfielders or fullbacks pushing on. It worth the ambitous passes and many hit the target.

Basically the three added up couldnt kick Woodgates arse. For entertainments value I would have him here just to see a proper centre half again. Only ever seen one in a black and white shirt.

Does anyone pay any attention to anything Leazes writes anymore. He is just turning into Shepherds mouthpiece. It's becoming embarrasing TBH.

192103[/snapback]

Shame mate, but going by your username - it suggests you remember the old board, and so would have seen quite a bit and have a different perspective, and so if you seriously think the current board are so bad, THAT is embarrassing.

192697[/snapback]

No what is embarrassing is your insistance to ignore the facts about fat fred. Apart from a brief hiatus under SBR we have been in decline since he took over. Your refusal to accept that and try to go on about the McKeags and such is just stupidity. The McKeags etal were bad directors but football was different then FFS I remember playing some clubs in the old 2nd division which were an embarrasment (Grimsby Town song). But that does not excuse what fat fred has done. And you are just his mouthpiece at the moment. I would say looking at him with rose tinted specs. But to be honest the way you spout sh*t about him I think your specs are just made of roses.

192103[/snapback]

192697[/snapback]

No what is embarrassing is your insistance to ignore the facts about fat fred. Apart from a brief hiatus under SBR we have been in decline since he took over. Your refusal to accept that and try to go on about the McKeags and such is just stupidity. The McKeags etal were bad directors but football was different then FFS I remember playing some clubs in the old 2nd division which were an embarrasment (Grimsby Town song). But that does not excuse what fat fred has done. And you are just his mouthpiece at the moment. I would say looking at him with rose tinted specs. But to be honest the way you spout sh*t about him I think your specs are just made of roses.

192776[/snapback]

Well - I think that ignoring the fact that we have qualified regularly for europe in the past decade rather than accepting the fact that - whether you like thim or not - such a thing over the course of a decade cannot be done by anything other than on merit, is stupid and embarrassing.

I think that you should accept that history is littered with clubs that have fallen from far bigger heights than 2nd in the premiership to much lower than we have been over the past decade. The fact that we have stayed among the top clubs is a fact, and its frankly embarrassing the way some people seem to think we have a divine right to stay 2nd top of the premiership forever. We have not appointed a manager as good for newcastle as Keegan was, but ALL our managers have had the same backing as he had. So you cannot fault the board. Dalglish was widely expected to build on Keegans success and was considered a huge statement of intent at the time he was appointed, just like any top manager now. Doing this, and filling the ground every week tells you they must be doing a fair few things correctly and it is stupid and embarrassing to suggest otherwise.

For someone who actually suffered the days when we really were shite, to suggest we are shite now is also stupid and embarrassing and saying football has changed as some justification for not doing so is stupid and embarrassing. Every club plays on the same playing field, in any era, the simple fact is we are capitalising on our potential, when we didn't before, and its that easy.

For someone who actually suffered the days when we really were shite, to suggest we are shite now is also stupid and embarrassing and saying football has changed as some justification for not doing so is stupid and embarrassing. Every club plays on the same playing field, in any era, the simple fact is we are capitalising on our potential, when we didn't before, and its that easy.

193059[/snapback]

Its all swings and roundabouts though, people only know what they have experienced, you fully experienced the shite years, I have memories of it but the young fans coming through only know us as being a big club.

Get someone on who was around in the 50's when we were a big club winning successive cup finals and they'll tell you a different story again.

192103[/snapback]

192697[/snapback]

192776[/snapback]

Well - I think that ignoring the fact that we have qualified regularly for europe in the past decade rather than accepting the fact that - whether you like thim or not - such a thing over the course of a decade cannot be done by anything other than on merit, is stupid and embarrassing.

I think that you should accept that history is littered with clubs that have fallen from far bigger heights than 2nd in the premiership to much lower than we have been over the past decade. The fact that we have stayed among the top clubs is a fact, and its frankly embarrassing the way some people seem to think we have a divine right to stay 2nd top of the premiership forever. We have not appointed a manager as good for newcastle as Keegan was, but ALL our managers have had the same backing as he had. So you cannot fault the board. Dalglish was widely expected to build on Keegans success and was considered a huge statement of intent at the time he was appointed, just like any top manager now. Doing this, and filling the ground every week tells you they must be doing a fair few things correctly and it is stupid and embarrassing to suggest otherwise.

193059[/snapback]

How many times would we have qualified for Europe under the old rules though; before every man and his dog could enter by finishing somewhere near the top 7.