If only Tony Blair had any balls to say this...

Geordie Boyo

Patriotism often leads to nationalism and jingoism tbh. I like many aspects of my country but I don't feel proud to be British, anymore than I'm proud to have blue eyes. It's an accident of birth after all.

192255[/snapback]

The 40 pager we're trying to avoid. :blink:

192264[/snapback]

I'm not. [/stir]

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not. [/stir]

192271[/snapback]

Well, Boyo starting a topic like this with the expectation that basically only people who agree with him should post in it and that it wouldn't start trouble is a bit naive, to say the least!

I genuinely don't want to get into it, though. :blink:

My mam (a Daily Mail reader) is adamant that a young lassie was raped in Gateshead, and the bloke that did it was relocated by the authorities on the grounds that he wasn't used to seeing girls in the sort of states of undress that they go about in.

Her source:  Tommy the plumber. :blink:

192266[/snapback]

:blink:

I'm not. [/stir]

192271[/snapback]

Well, Boyo starting a topic like this with the expectation that basically only people who agree with him should post in it and that it wouldn't start trouble is a bit naive, to say the least!

I genuinely don't want to get into it, though. :lol:

192274[/snapback]

What are you babbling about you big girl...! :lol: I posted this thread to see what other people's opinions were or else I wouldn't have posted it, thicko..! :yes

What are you babbling about you big girl...!  :lol: I posted this thread to see what other people's opinions were or else I wouldn't have posted it, thicko..!  :lol:

192344[/snapback]

Jesus Wept, man, I'm being nice, don't tempt me.

What are you babbling about you big girl...!  :lol: I posted this thread to see what other people's opinions were or else I wouldn't have posted it, thicko..!  :lol:

192344[/snapback]

192346[/snapback]

The oirish are very sensitive to that particular insult.

The oirish are very sensitive to that particular insult.

192347[/snapback]

:lol: Maybe, but I was more thinking in terms of the irony of it, it's not one that I'm too offended by tbh. :lol:

192344[/snapback]

192346[/snapback]

I'm intrigued, please, go on?

192349[/snapback]

You're a nice lad, but after some of the arguments I've seen you try to make I wouldn't want to get into a serious political discussion with you. :lol:

192349[/snapback]

You're a nice lad, but after some of the arguments I've seen you try to make I wouldn't want to get into a serious political discussion with you. :lol:

192350[/snapback]

You assumed that I made this thread with the expectation that everyone agrees with me? I do consider where people are coming from with there own views so for you to say something like that I'd like to know what it is your on about?

How dare that I may question somebody else's opinion, that would just be totally uncalled for if it were to happen *slaps wrist* I mean here! On a public forum of all places!!

You had a little snipe at me because I don't get involved in much to do with the political discussions on here. My knowledge on politics might not be up to your superdoopa standard, but I do see reason and do understand what this topic is about so don't patronize me dickhead.

Your right though, I am a nice lad, but don’t take my politeness as a weakness by patronizing me. Most people on here know me personally so I don’t mind any banter like that, but you don’t so I suggest you think before trying to be a smart arse.

You assumed that I made this thread with the expectation that everyone agrees with me? I do consider where people are coming from with there own views so for you to say something like that I'd like to know what it is your on about?

How dare that I may question somebody else's opinion, that would just be totally uncalled for if it were to happen *slaps wrist* I mean here! On a public forum of all places!!

You had a little snipe at me because I don't get involved in much to do with the political discussions on here. My knowledge on politics might not be up to your superdoopa standard, but I do see reason and do understand what this topic is about so don't patronize me dickhead.

Your right though, I am a nice lad, but don’t take my politeness as a weakness by patronizing me. Most people on here know me personally so I don’t mind any banter like that, but you don’t so I suggest you think before trying to be a smart arse.

192361[/snapback]

:lol: If you're smart enough to be bothered with, go back and figure out what I was talking about before you dismiss it out of hand. And you've read me all wrong again in this post.

By the way, you've called me a "thicko" and a "big girl" :lol: and I've not taken it personally; sorry you have a hang-up about people thinking you're thick, like.

I like you both. Can you kiss and make up?

192363[/snapback]

There's no hard feelings this side, I've wound him up, it happens.

Kisses. :lol:

btw, I've had spats with loads of people on here, and that's the first time you've said that, hateful bastard tbh. :lol:

Edited by ObaGol

I like you both. Can you kiss and make up?

192363[/snapback]

There's no hard feelings this side, I've wound him up, it happens.

Kisses. :lol:

btw, I've had spats with loads of people on here, and that's the first time you've said that, hateful bastard tbh. :lol:

192368[/snapback]

I take it all back then, I don't like you, you patronising potato muncher!

My mam (a Daily Mail reader) is adamant that a young lassie was raped in Gateshead, and the bloke that did it was relocated by the authorities on the grounds that he wasn't used to seeing girls in the sort of states of undress that they go about in.

Her source:  Tommy the plumber. :lol:

192266[/snapback]

:lol:

"What the fuck's that? I'd best put me cock in it and see if it goes away..." :yes

192361[/snapback]

:lol: If you're smart enough to be bothered with, go back and figure out what I was talking about before you dismiss it out of hand. And you've read me all wrong again in this post.

By the way, you've called me a "thicko" and a "big girl" :lol: and I've not taken it personally; sorry you have a hang-up about people thinking you're thick, like.

192367[/snapback]

You said I made this post with the expectation that everyone agrees with me. Now, what part did I read wrong? You'd rather scale that thought in applying to everyone on here then just say it as your own opinion because I replied to your post. I read your feelings on that very clearly, mate, yet my reply afterwards did involve banter, and no malice until you insulted my Integrity.

Now, no one else on here has questioned my integrity, at least not blatantly as you have, but as I said I do know those people personally so I don't take it to heart. You however AGAIN I might add have assumed that I think all people on here think as you do instead of simply saying it's your own thought which I find very cowardly in hope that someone backs you up.

The insinuation that GB shouldn't even get into this with you (i.e. because you're too clever) makes you look like a twat to be fair Dotbum (I don't think you are one though). Canny arrogant like.

To be honest, mate, there's so much about that post I don't understand, I don't know where to start.

192387[/snapback]

In other words you can't rationalize and come to terms that you were being a dick, and still are might I add.

The insinuation that GB shouldn't even get into this with you (i.e. because you're too clever) makes you look like a twat to be fair Dotbum (I don't think you are one though). Canny arrogant like.

192388[/snapback]

I laid it on thick because he called me a thicko.