What is the best thing about where you live?

bobbyshinton

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That difference is one of the biggest I've noted as yet- our completely different perspective regarding distances and travel. I'll never forget having breakfast in a B&B while on hols to the Channel Islands and listening to an english couple go on about yanks... more specifically how anyone could justify having two vehicles for family use. It was amusing to hear the owner mildly scold them regarding their ignorance of the sheer size of this country and the distances between point A and point B. Two cars in a family isn't a luxury, it's a necessity.

Totally agree with that difference, when I lived in Dublin, an hour's journey was a nightmare, now we think nothing of a 2 hour drive to see friends and an hour's drive is nothing.

I think the biggest difference between most US citizens and the rest of us is not wanting to travel any distance outside their own country. B)

Greatest thing about where we live: 30 minutes from the self-proclaimed nudist capital of Europe. :lol:

I can see the sea from my living room window and the Cheviots from my kitchen window.

Hold on I thought you were from Shields?

You'd need good eyesight to see the Cheviots from there, especially from your perspective. B)

I live next door to a house full of lesbians

Experience tells me that that isn't necessarily a good thing, in much the same way as mine, posted above, isn't actually a good thing.

The almost complete lack of scum/crime - people here (Chelmsford) don't know they're born - my next door neighbours leave bikes, footballs and boots on their doorstep overnight FFS. Theres a neighbourhood watch - I'd love to go and just go "Why?".

Also handy for London which means access to gigs and jobs which pay well.

Couple of decent curry houses (not SS standard but canny).

Edited by NJS

I can see the sea from my living room window and the Cheviots from my kitchen window.

You'd need good eyesight to see the Cheviots from there, especially from your perspective. B)

I live on the edge of Shields where the fields start until you get to Monkseaton. We live in an upstairs flat so I've got nowt blocking the view. Honest guvnor, I'll take some pics and put them on.

I live next door to a house full of lesbians

Experience tells me that that isn't necessarily a good thing, in much the same way as mine, posted above, isn't actually a good thing.

It depends if they are Millie Tant man haters or the variety that are fit and bend down a lot with short skirts on and are waiting to be converted I guess.

I live on the edge of Shields where the fields start until you get to Monkseaton. We live in an upstairs flat so I've got nowt blocking the view. Honest guvnor, I'll take some pics and put them on.

At ease soldier!

I think you may be getting mixed up with the rising sun country park.... :lol:

a guy was raped by another guy the other week.................................................he admited he was making it up the other day

Alternative lifestyle?