Bond given 'leave' at Newcastle

Scottish Mag

Newcastle have confirmed assistant manager Kevin Bond has been given leave from the club.

The former Portsmouth coach was not among Newcastle's travelling party for their trip to Estonia for their Uefa Cup clash with Levadia Tallinn.

Bond has been allowed to stay at home for personal reasons, but the club have refused to divulge what the reasons are.

A club spokesman said: "Kevin is on leave from the club for a few days to resolve personal matters."

Glenn Roeder is expected to be assisted by Terry McDermott for the game with Levadia Tallinn.

Am I getting this right? Firstly we ignore FIFA rules, secondly falsify documentation and then finally shoot ourselves in the foot when trying to claim back VAT by basically admitting what we've done in the first place. Greedy and stupid then.

We ROCK!

I take it that BBC documentary is about us then. Oh good.

I hope they mention the fact we are the FIFTH best team in the premiership though.

There'll probably be a lot more at it, and in a real business environment I think they'd be right. They may actually have a case on appeal, football is run from top to bottom by cretins.

I take it that BBC documentary is about us then. Oh good.

I hope they mention the fact we are the FIFTH best team in the premiership though.

I don't think so, Harry Redknapp was also "rumoured" to have been questioned by the program, the fact that both Bond and Redknapp have both been linked and until recently were both working together, suggests to me that its certain south coast premiership club.

Hardly a shock the way they have been splashing the cash!!!

Quite how a program like this can be made without investigating chelsea is beyond me like!!

The amount of tapping up, lending of players to other clubs, buying the russian manager, and paying 50% more than most players are worth and its just seen as normal now. Yet any club outside the top 4 does a dodgy deal and theres hell on!

Hardly a shock the way they have been splashing the cash!!!

Quite how a program like this can be made without investigating chelsea is beyond me like!!

The amount of tapping up, lending of players to other clubs, buying the russian manager, and paying 50% more than most players are worth and its just seen as normal now. Yet any club outside the top 4 does a dodgy deal and theres hell on!

It hasn't been on yet though has it?