Ugly Scenes in the Tunnel

Gemmill

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's side were you in the Bellamy v Shepherd debate then Leazes?

Was Fred right to condemn him and say he had no future at NUFC?

A simple yes or no will do :good:

I'm not in anybodys "camp".

I just see the situation as a dispute between people. are you suggesting you don't have an opinion on this other than a biased one ?

So far as Fred is concerned, I really don't give a shite, I just want the best for the club and I do not believe Fred was doing anything other than backing his manager, which is what a chairman is supposed to do. Shit ones don't by the way, in case you haven't still grasped this concept. So, yes, even though I disagree with his judgement, I think he was right to back his manager. You need to learn how to seperate the difference in roles between the manager and chairman, but to be fair, you aren't the only one on here who can't do that.

The simple fact is, Terry McDermott made public remarks about Craig Bellamy without even meeting the bloke so Craig Bellamy has every reason to want to take him to task for it.

Do you still think we are better off without Craig Bellamy, yes or no ? And do you still think we were right to back Souness with a shitload of money to "build his team" ?

Surely all McDermott was doing was backing his manager which according to you is the right thing to do. Do you think that McDermott who was seen as a link to the fans did what he did off his own back. If you do then you're worse than I thought (which would be quite difficult).

So let me get this right. You think that Shepherd on realising that Souness was shite beyond belief was right in then giving millions of pounds to said crap manager to build his crap managers team. So if my son can't ride a bike it is right for me as a father to buy him the most expensive bike I can get my hands on for him to leave in the garage and never use. The bike is called the Kona Luque BTW. Or maybe get him the Raleigh Owen which is a fantastic bike more expensive than the Kona but is known to break a lot and make it unuseable. It's all right for me to do that just to make him like me is it?

Now before you say exactly what we know you are going to. I am not saying we shouldn't have signed Owen. i was excited by the signing loved it. But we now have no money. We have a squad thinner than a catwalk model and about as healthy. And this is because Shepherd backed his crap managers blindly.

Unless of course you believe the rumours and Shepherd with all his football knowledge (which he could right on the back of a stamp in crayon) went out and bought the players himself. In which case he is even worse than I thought (which would be impossible).

And if you think I am doing this talking down to you in a patronising manner. Then I am sorry. But you're right I am.

Not at all. I am saying that Shepherds judgement of Souness was shit, I always said it was a monumental error, and there was quite a few people on here who shared Shepherds judgement ie Gemmill, Craig for instance, who also said he should throw barrowloads of cash at him.

I'm not arsed how you talk to me, because what you say above is just a load of shit and not even worth responding to until you start to look at facts ie 87 clubs have been below us over the last decade so there must be a lot of shit chairman out there.

McDermott may have been appointed by his mate so he is welcome to lick his arse in private but not in public, that is the point. Shame Bellamy didn't smack Souness over the head with a pickaxe when he assaulted him on the training ground then McDermott could have licked his real shit off the ground.

If we have averaged a placing of 8.3rd over the last decade does that mean there are 95.3 clubs in the league? Bellamy never uses a pickaxe . A chair is his weapon of choice when smacking management. He uses his hand for smacking women, the hard bastard.

As for doing stuff in private rather than public I assume you feel Bellamy was out of order going on SKY then?

The Bellamy arguments get weaker by the day.

What did you think of the Liverpool badge kissing in front of our fans by the way?

As nobody has averaged 1st over the last decade, does this mean nobody is top ?

Simple fact - is only 4 teams have a higher average position, and these are the ONLY 4 teams who have qualified for europe more than us.

We have qualified for europe more in the last decade than we did in the previous 30 years.

I am not really bothered about what Bellamy did other than the fact he did it where it matters most, on the pitch. Yes he has a dodgy temperament, so what ? He is not the first footballer and won't be the last. He was badly managed. Have we done better without him or not ?

He had a row with Carver, and Carver put it behind him like an adult, which shows he is 10 times the man than the scottish fuckpig will ever be, who targetted Bellamy for one reason and one reason only, to exert his authority upon being appointed as manager. He subbed Bellamy at Charlton when he was the best player on the pitch, and our biggest chance of winning the game, because he is a prick.

As he is now a Liverpool player, what is wrong with kissing the Liverpool badge ? Do you think this is worse than waving to the Kop while wearing a Newcastle Shirt ? I know what I think is worse, yet people forgave Beardsley for waving in advance to the team he was about to sign for, and he is a local lad and a newcastle supporter to boot ..... but that is when Newcastle United were a club not really worth playing for, which the departure of 3 local lads who played for England proved.....

I do hope you won't ignore these facts like some others around here .....

Show me the mathematics for this average of 5th and i might agree. Please.

Batting someone over the head can never be condoned. It is the same as Souness throttling the little cock. Are you saying Bellamy waasnt adult enough to put it behind him like Carver did?

there is the world of differnce in the abilities and mentalities PB and Bellamy. PB was top top class. Bellamy never will be

I didn't say "an average of 5th", I said "the 5th highest average". There is a difference. As I said, nobody has averaged 1st either, because it is impossible unless they win the title for 10 years in succession.

Only 4 clubs have a higher average position, the same 4 clubs are the only clubs who have qualified for europe more than us.

I have posted these averages previously.

Cant find them. Please show me cos i am intrigued now.

4 clubs with a higher average position? that indicates our postions which have been 2, 13, 13, 11, 11, 4, 3, 5, 14, 7. We qualified for Europe through the back door on 3 occasions rather than legitimately - i.e. by virtue of other teams success rather than our own or through the intertoto.

Just curious to how you have done this.

Point me to the thread Leazes man. Cheers.

Nb: Would you agree with PB great NUFC player and CB as good?

This was the average positions over the last 7 years up until 2005, since the 1998 Cup Final. It needs updating but as we finished a lot higher than Villa last season we are now clear of them. If you take the 2 previous years, we are also higher than them.

Team total lge position / average lge position

1. Arsenal 12 / 1.7

2. Man U 13 / 1.8

3. Chelsea 27 / 3.8

4. Liverpool 30 / 4.4

5. Villa 62 / 8.7

Newcastle 61 / 8.7

7. Leeds 70 / 10.0

8. Spurs 75 / 10.7

9. Smoggies 76 / 10.8

10.Everton 87 / 12.4

Nice to see you respond to my point about Beardsley waving to the Kop as a Newcastle player .......

I also think that it is fairly obvious that only the top 4 clubs have qualified for europe more than us during this time. Spurs for instance have only just qualified for the first time for years.

And yes, I agree PB and CB are/were both great players for the club, that is all I have ever said about Bellamy because it is all that matters to me.

Edited by LeazesMag

A simple yes or no will do :lol:

I just see the situation as a dispute between people. are you suggesting you don't have an opinion on this other than a biased one ?

So far as Fred is concerned, I really don't give a shite, I just want the best for the club and I do not believe Fred was doing anything other than backing his manager, which is what a chairman is supposed to do. Shit ones don't by the way, in case you haven't still grasped this concept. So, yes, even though I disagree with his judgement, I think he was right to back his manager. You need to learn how to seperate the difference in roles between the manager and chairman, but to be fair, you aren't the only one on here who can't do that.

The simple fact is, Terry McDermott made public remarks about Craig Bellamy without even meeting the bloke so Craig Bellamy has every reason to want to take him to task for it.

Do you still think we are better off without Craig Bellamy, yes or no ? And do you still think we were right to back Souness with a shitload of money to "build his team" ?

Surely all McDermott was doing was backing his manager which according to you is the right thing to do. Do you think that McDermott who was seen as a link to the fans did what he did off his own back. If you do then you're worse than I thought (which would be quite difficult).

So let me get this right. You think that Shepherd on realising that Souness was shite beyond belief was right in then giving millions of pounds to said crap manager to build his crap managers team. So if my son can't ride a bike it is right for me as a father to buy him the most expensive bike I can get my hands on for him to leave in the garage and never use. The bike is called the Kona Luque BTW. Or maybe get him the Raleigh Owen which is a fantastic bike more expensive than the Kona but is known to break a lot and make it unuseable. It's all right for me to do that just to make him like me is it?

Now before you say exactly what we know you are going to. I am not saying we shouldn't have signed Owen. i was excited by the signing loved it. But we now have no money. We have a squad thinner than a catwalk model and about as healthy. And this is because Shepherd backed his crap managers blindly.

Unless of course you believe the rumours and Shepherd with all his football knowledge (which he could right on the back of a stamp in crayon) went out and bought the players himself. In which case he is even worse than I thought (which would be impossible).

And if you think I am doing this talking down to you in a patronising manner. Then I am sorry. But you're right I am.

Not at all. I am saying that Shepherds judgement of Souness was shit, I always said it was a monumental error, and there was quite a few people on here who shared Shepherds judgement ie Gemmill, Craig for instance, who also said he should throw barrowloads of cash at him.

I'm not arsed how you talk to me, because what you say above is just a load of shit and not even worth responding to until you start to look at facts ie 87 clubs have been below us over the last decade so there must be a lot of shit chairman out there.

McDermott may have been appointed by his mate so he is welcome to lick his arse in private but not in public, that is the point. Shame Bellamy didn't smack Souness over the head with a pickaxe when he assaulted him on the training ground then McDermott could have licked his real shit off the ground.

If we have averaged a placing of 8.3rd over the last decade does that mean there are 95.3 clubs in the league? Bellamy never uses a pickaxe . A chair is his weapon of choice when smacking management. He uses his hand for smacking women, the hard bastard.

As for doing stuff in private rather than public I assume you feel Bellamy was out of order going on SKY then?

What did you think of the Liverpool badge kissing in front of our fans by the way?

Simple fact - is only 4 teams have a higher average position, and these are the ONLY 4 teams who have qualified for europe more than us.

We have qualified for europe more in the last decade than we did in the previous 30 years.

I am not really bothered about what Bellamy did other than the fact he did it where it matters most, on the pitch. Yes he has a dodgy temperament, so what ? He is not the first footballer and won't be the last. He was badly managed. Have we done better without him or not ?

He had a row with Carver, and Carver put it behind him like an adult, which shows he is 10 times the man than the scottish fuckpig will ever be, who targetted Bellamy for one reason and one reason only, to exert his authority upon being appointed as manager. He subbed Bellamy at Charlton when he was the best player on the pitch, and our biggest chance of winning the game, because he is a prick.

As he is now a Liverpool player, what is wrong with kissing the Liverpool badge ? Do you think this is worse than waving to the Kop while wearing a Newcastle Shirt ? I know what I think is worse, yet people forgave Beardsley for waving in advance to the team he was about to sign for, and he is a local lad and a newcastle supporter to boot ..... but that is when Newcastle United were a club not really worth playing for, which the departure of 3 local lads who played for England proved.....

Batting someone over the head can never be condoned. It is the same as Souness throttling the little cock. Are you saying Bellamy waasnt adult enough to put it behind him like Carver did?

there is the world of differnce in the abilities and mentalities PB and Bellamy. PB was top top class. Bellamy never will be

I didn't say "an average of 5th", I said "the 5th highest average". There is a difference. As I said, nobody has averaged 1st either, because it is impossible unless they win the title for 10 years in succession.

Only 4 clubs have a higher average position, the same 4 clubs are the only clubs who have qualified for europe more than us.

4 clubs with a higher average position? that indicates our postions which have been 2, 13, 13, 11, 11, 4, 3, 5, 14, 7. We qualified for Europe through the back door on 3 occasions rather than legitimately - i.e. by virtue of other teams success rather than our own or through the intertoto.

This was the average positions over the last 7 years up until 2005, since the 1998 Cup Final. It needs updating but as we finished a lot higher than Villa last season we are now clear of them. If you take the 2 previous years, we are also higher than them.

1. Arsenal 12 / 1.7

2. Man U 13 / 1.8

3. Chelsea 27 / 3.8

4. Liverpool 30 / 4.4

5. Villa 62 / 8.7

Newcastle 61 / 8.7

7. Leeds 70 / 10.0

8. Spurs 75 / 10.7

9. Smoggies 76 / 10.8

10.Everton 87 / 12.4

Nice to see you respond to my point about Beardsley waving to the Kop as a Newcastle player .......

I also think that it is fairly obvious that only the top 4 clubs have qualified for europe more than us during this time. Spurs for instance have only just qualified for the first time for years.

And yes, I agree PB and CB are/were both great players for the club, that is all I have ever said about Bellamy because it is all that matters to me.

Sorry, but that has us joint 5th with Villa discounting last season, doesn't it? Is that the same Villa whose chairman you would point to last season and say "Things could be worse. We could have Doug Ellis!" Oh dear! :good:

The same Doug Ellis that the Villa fans are fucking ECSTATIC to have finally got rid of? Do you see now how your stupid way of calculating things is shite? It puts us on a par with Aston Villa ffs. A club that NO ONE would describe as successful in recent years.

Your argument is in tatters. :good:

The same Doug Ellis that the Villa fans are fucking ECSTATIC to have finally got rid of? Do you see now how your stupid way of calculating things is shite? It puts us on a par with Aston Villa ffs. A club that NO ONE would describe as successful in recent years.

Joint 5th best club with Villa tbh :lol:

Doesn't have the same ring to it. :D

A simple yes or no will do :good:

1. Arsenal 12 / 1.7

2. Man U 13 / 1.8

3. Chelsea 27 / 3.8

4. Liverpool 30 / 4.4

5. Villa 62 / 8.7

Newcastle 61 / 8.7

7. Leeds 70 / 10.0

8. Spurs 75 / 10.7

9. Smoggies 76 / 10.8

10.Everton 87 / 12.4

how do you get 62 ???? 13, 11, 11, 4, 3, 5, 14= 62? Not sure what you have done with what numbers. Fred has been chairman since Dec 1996 so we can add a further 22 to keep it up to date??? This is a peculiar statistical method Leazes. Even if we use it can you say Fred is any better than Deadly Doug has been at Villa???? Hardly a compliment to Freddie is it??? Look at the difference between the the top fours steady positions and ours. It actually blows your argument about Fred out of the water rather than backs him.

Sorry, to even get close to suggesting Craig Bellamy was a great Newcastle player is absurd.

Milburn, Shearer, Beardsley and even someone like Robert Lee can be regarded as such but putting Bellamy in that bracket is nonsense. He was good but never better than that. PB was also twice the player CB will ever be. It really is that simple.

So tell me, who do you think the badge kissing CB thinks about more? Himself or the club I am told he loves? Not too many people are falling for the lines you seem to be anymore. Cant recall PB dancing in front of us when he returned with Liverpool kissing the badge, can you? Once a turd, always a turd. (him not you). Ad enormously overrated at that. Good player, nowhere near great.

Edited by gram

Joint 5th best club with Villa tbh :lol:

Doesn't have the same ring to it. <_<

Leazes entire house of cards argument has just fallen down around him. And what's more, he's the one that knocked it over. Class. :D

Sorry, to even get close to suggesting Craig Bellamy was a great Newcastle player is absurd.

Milburn, Shearer, Beardsley and even someone like Robert Lee can be regarded as such but putting Bellamy in that bracket is nonsense. He was good but never better than that. PB was also twice the player CB will ever be. It really is that simple.

So tell me, who do you think the badge kissing CB thinks about more? Himself or the club I am told he loves? Not too many people are falling for the lines you seem to be anymore. Cant recall PB dancing in front of us when he returned with Liverpool kissing the badge, can you? Once a turd, always a turd. (him not you). Ad enormously overrated at that. Good player, nowhere near great.

Hear hear - I feel Bellamy was an important part of a quality Newcastle team, but to suggest he was a "great player" is going a bit far. For mine, he ranks below the likes of Speed and Cole in modern times, let alone the acknowledged club greats...

I hesitate to involve myself in this debate as I know the consequences, but I have two questions for you LeazesMag:

1) You have stated that performances on the pitch are all that counts - does it follow that the way a player carries himself in the dressing room and training pitch is therefore irrelevant? Surely this is where team unity is made or broken - I'm not suggesting that all players must be bosom buddies, but surely there needs to be a unity of purpose and direction to succeed?

2) It is "generally believed" that Shepherd brought Souness in as a reaction to Robson "losing the players" ie as a reaction to the perceived ill discipline he brought in a "disciplinarian" manager. Do you accept this theory, and if so does it not follow that rather than supporting Souness' heavy-handed attempts to reign in ill-disciplined players, Shepherd actually facillitated it?

Liverpool's Bellamy hits back at Newcastle "circus"

tribalfooball.com - September 24, 2006

Craig Bellamy believes there are people at Newcastle who do not want him to be successful - and has hit back at Toon coach Terry McDermott.

The Liverpool striker was branded an "upstart" by McDermott after the midweek clash between the clubs.

The pair were involved in a tunnel row after Liverpool's 2-0 victory on Wednesday.

Bellamy revealed he feared "something would happen" when he came up against Newcastle again after his acrimonious departure from Tyneside a year ago.

Bellamy said: "The circus was in town on Wednesday. There was always going to be something from them (Newcastle), but it doesn't bother me. Not at all.

"I was half expecting something because I know they are hurting, my being at Liverpool is hurting them.

"This is the club I have always wanted to play for and maybe there are people who are not too happy about that.

"I'm sure there are people there (at Newcastle) who don't want me to succeed here, because it reminds them every time.

"It was a ridiculously cheap fee I went to Blackburn for, it's not nice for me to be remembered for that. What was it, about 3.75million? That hurts. I know that, but that is the game we play."

:good:

Craig Bellamy believes there are people at Newcastle who do not want him to be successful - and has hit back at Toon coach Terry McDermott.

The Liverpool striker was branded an "upstart" by McDermott after the midweek clash between the clubs.

The pair were involved in a tunnel row after Liverpool's 2-0 victory on Wednesday.

Bellamy revealed he feared "something would happen" when he came up against Newcastle again after his acrimonious departure from Tyneside a year ago.

Bellamy said: "The circus was in town on Wednesday. There was always going to be something from them (Newcastle), but it doesn't bother me. Not at all.

"I was half expecting something because I know they are hurting, my being at Liverpool is hurting them.

"This is the club I have always wanted to play for and maybe there are people who are not too happy about that.

"I'm sure there are people there (at Newcastle) who don't want me to succeed here, because it reminds them every time.

"It was a ridiculously cheap fee I went to Blackburn for, it's not nice for me to be remembered for that. What was it, about 3.75million? That hurts. I know that, but that is the game we play."

:good:

:D

Get over yourself you little Welsh prick

:D

And this is the 'more mature' Craig Bellamy?? Can't help himself, can he? And as for "there was always going to be something from them", hasn't it been widely recognised that Bellamy was the one to start it all off by mouthing off at McDermott? :good:

Anyone else would have declined to comment saying that it's all in the past and he has 'moved on'. Let's face it, he's in a far better position that he ever was when he was at Newcastle (waiting for LM to argue that one) so he really should be keeping the trap shut and let his football do the talking.....

Course if he's an odious little turd, he'll do the opposite! Really looking forward to the Liverpool home game to see if he has the balls to play...

I agree with the article, but I remember that there were a lot of people who agreed with Souness when he said that Bellamy was not good enough as a striker, which is ridiculous IMO. Shit person, yes - but a very, very good striker nevertheless. I still think the amount of people who fell for Souness' and the club's propaganda was embarrassing. Having said that, this debate has been going on for way too long already and surely it's time to move on now.

51 goals in the top flight by the age of 27 is evidence that he is a top striker ? Good player but he hasnt averaged 10 a season in the premiership yet. Watching him for newcastle confirmed he isnt a natural striker in the goalscoring sense. He has had one decent season in front of goal and that was it. Good player but not to be rated in the pantheon of strikers with that rate.

Falling for the clubs propaganda is one thing. Condoning what the little prick did is quite another. Personally i still cant understand anyone backing him. Plenty of mugs do though.

I would happily tolerate that shite from Keane or Shearer or Beardsley or Gazza cos they are leagues better as players. Letting a good but far from great player get away with that sells us short in my view.

i rate our club higher than having to permit his nonsense. Yes we would be better with him in the team but there is so much more to it thatn that.

It was a good article by the way.

How many games in the top flight ?

How many games when he was fit ?

You are aware he played over 50 games for Newcastle between being injured at the SOS Feb 2002 until August 2004 with a knee which caused him pain and any knock on it oould have finished his career ? How many players do you think would do that ?

And STILL be the clubs most effective forward, prolonging Shearers career by a few years ?

Gazza he is not, but there are also not too many Gazzas knocking around .....

You seriously understimate his worth to Newcastle mate, proven by the money we have spent attempting to replace him, which we still have not done.

Edited by LeazesMag

1. Arsenal 12 / 1.7

2. Man U 13 / 1.8

3. Chelsea 27 / 3.8

4. Liverpool 30 / 4.4

5. Villa 62 / 8.7

Newcastle 61 / 8.7

7. Leeds 70 / 10.0

8. Spurs 75 / 10.7

9. Smoggies 76 / 10.8

10.Everton 87 / 12.4

how do you get 62 ???? 13, 11, 11, 4, 3, 5, 14= 62? Not sure what you have done with what numbers. Fred has been chairman since Dec 1996 so we can add a further 22 to keep it up to date??? This is a peculiar statistical method Leazes. Even if we use it can you say Fred is any better than Deadly Doug has been at Villa???? Hardly a compliment to Freddie is it??? Look at the difference between the the top fours steady positions and ours. It actually blows your argument about Fred out of the water rather than backs him.

I can't remember when I did it, I had the figures to hand, and said it needed updating. It is from the 1998 Cup Final. By all means included the 2nd position in 1997 and 1996 if you wish, and the 7th last season, which of course only leaves us with a higher average anyway. The point is simply to prove that only 4 clubs have done better, which is what you asked for, you don't even need to look any further to know that these figures show this.

I am sorry but I have to disagree about Beardsley at Liverpool. I was there, and for a Newcastle supporter, playing for Newcastle, to wave at the Kop knowing he was about to sign for them soon, was an absolute disgraceful incident and no matter how nice a bloke Peter may be in real life, you cannot gloss over it to hide a huge act of betrayal to the club, and the club he also "loves". As I said, would you do that ? Because I'm damn sure I wouldn't, as shite as Newcastle were in those days.

Edited by LeazesMag

On his "wanting me to fail" bit I'd just say that I want every player from every other club to fail.

I especially want Liverpool players to fail.

I especially want players who "love the club" but then always wanted to play for the scouse bastards to fail.

Sorry Craig you've got me.

I agree with the article, but I remember that there were a lot of people who agreed with Souness when he said that Bellamy was not good enough as a striker, which is ridiculous IMO. Shit person, yes - but a very, very good striker nevertheless. I still think the amount of people who fell for Souness' and the club's propaganda was embarrassing. Having said that, this debate has been going on for way too long already and surely it's time to move on now.

51 goals in the top flight by the age of 27 is evidence that he is a top striker ? Good player but he hasnt averaged 10 a season in the premiership yet. Watching him for newcastle confirmed he isnt a natural striker in the goalscoring sense. He has had one decent season in front of goal and that was it. Good player but not to be rated in the pantheon of strikers with that rate.

Falling for the clubs propaganda is one thing. Condoning what the little prick did is quite another. Personally i still cant understand anyone backing him. Plenty of mugs do though.

I would happily tolerate that shite from Keane or Shearer or Beardsley or Gazza cos they are leagues better as players. Letting a good but far from great player get away with that sells us short in my view.

i rate our club higher than having to permit his nonsense. Yes we would be better with him in the team but there is so much more to it thatn that.

You are aware he played over 50 games for Newcastle between being injured at the SOS Feb 2002 until August 2004 with a knee which caused him pain and any knock on it oould have finished his career ? How many players do you think would do that ?

And STILL be the clubs most effective forward, prolonging Shearers career by a few years ?

You seriously understimate his worth to Newcastle mate, proven by the money we have spent attempting to replace him, which we still have not done.

So by the age of 27 50 goals in the big league is acceptable? As long as your injured?

for a bloke who is apparently a great striker

We could say he isnt a player who is a striker but the total is paltry.

The most effective forward is the one who can score 200 goals in 10 years despite being injured for prolonged periods and us haing seen him for about 6 months in his prime. People like that are great players

Bellamy is a good player. No better and no worse. Miles away from the Beardsley standard never mind Gazza.

..and that is without calling us a 'circus' and showing his love by waving another teams badge in front of us.

Perhaps people were wrong when they suggested he loved the club. I certainly wouldnt have done it. Would you?

So by the age of 27 50 goals in the big league is acceptable? As long as your injured?

for a bloke who is apparently a great striker

We could say he isnt a player who is a striker but the total is paltry.

The most effective forward is the one who can score 200 goals in 10 years despite being injured for prolonged periods and us haing seen him for about 6 months in his prime. People like that are great players

Bellamy is a good player. No better and no worse. Miles away from the Beardsley standard never mind Gazza.

..and that is without calling us a 'circus' and showing his love by waving another teams badge in front of us.

Perhaps people were wrong when they suggested he loved the club. I certainly wouldnt have done it. Would you?

who said he is a goalscorer ? Not me. He's a support striker, and a class one.

If you are going to say "20 goals a season" tell me how many players score 20 goals a season, and how many teams have 2 players that do this.

He was Shearers partner. It's all about team play and pattern. This is what he is. He isn't Shearer or Owen, he's an out and out goalscorers partner. He has scored a rough average of one in about 3, which is quite good but you don't measure players of that type in terms of a goalscoring statistic.

Have we replaced him, or not ? And how much have we spent attempting to do it ?

I don't know what your problem is with a Liverpool player kissing the badge of the club he plays for, its a shame Beardsley didn't do that instead of effectively kissing the other teams badge.

And you still don't give him credit for giving everything for the club despite having an injury, and you ought to do, considering the amount of wastes of fooking space we have had over the years.

1. Arsenal 12 / 1.7

2. Man U 13 / 1.8

3. Chelsea 27 / 3.8

4. Liverpool 30 / 4.4

5. Villa 62 / 8.7

Newcastle 61 / 8.7

7. Leeds 70 / 10.0

8. Spurs 75 / 10.7

9. Smoggies 76 / 10.8

10.Everton 87 / 12.4

Sorry, but that has us joint 5th with Villa discounting last season, doesn't it? Is that the same Villa whose chairman you would point to last season and say "Things could be worse. We could have Doug Ellis!" Oh dear! :good:

Your argument is in tatters. :D

Oi Leazes, a response to this please. Seems to me that your ENTIRE argument about how good Shepherd is has come crashing down on you. :no

Edited by Gemmill

1. Arsenal 12 / 1.7

2. Man U 13 / 1.8

3. Chelsea 27 / 3.8

4. Liverpool 30 / 4.4

5. Villa 62 / 8.7

Newcastle 61 / 8.7

7. Leeds 70 / 10.0

8. Spurs 75 / 10.7

9. Smoggies 76 / 10.8

10.Everton 87 / 12.4

Your argument is in tatters. :D

Oi Leazes, a response to this please. Seems to me that your ENTIRE argument about how good Shepherd is has come crashing down on you. :no

I thought you did figures ?

Do those figures show only 4 clubs are above us in the last decade or not :D

The other FACT is that pre-1992 there were anywhere 12 - 20 clubs above us, and we have qualified for europe more in the past decade than in the previous 30 years. No tatters, there Gem mate...just your accountancy qualifications and reading ability ... :icon_lol: