What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

Been listening to a lot of Reggae lately. Especially a few of the Trojan compilation I have (esp. the 'Skinhead Reggae' and Dub ones). Yeah mon.

Been listening to a lot of Reggae lately. Especially a few of the Trojan compilation I have (esp. the 'Skinhead Reggae' and Dub ones). Yeah mon.

I actually made my mind up this morning to listen to more reggae, hadnt listened to Jamrock for a couple of years and was struck by how brilliant it still is.

I actually made my mind up this morning to listen to more reggae, hadnt listened to Jamrock for a couple of years and was struck by how brilliant it still is.

Love the production on all that sort of shit as well. I haven't got a huge collection of that kind of thing but, like you, I'm always reminded of the quality when I dig it out.

Wale - Diary

Jay Electronica's EP that sampled Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was mint cos that's one of my favourite films/soundtracks.

Wale has done the same here using the music from Amelie....one of the few films/soundtracks I like even more that ESOTSM.

Fan dabby dozy.

A band I've just discovered through listening to Rock Radio. It was Australia Day last week and so RR played a more Oz influenced playlist. They played a track by this band for the first time I think and it was on about 5/6 times over the course of the day.

Rock n Roll Outlaw - Rose Tattoo.

I liked it so I'm currently listening to their Greatest Hits.

Lead singer has a class name - Angry Anderson - :lol: I hadn't realised this, but GnR covered their tracks a few times: once on Lies and again on The Spaghetti Incident.

A band I've just discovered through listening to Rock Radio. It was Australia Day last week and so RR played a more Oz influenced playlist. They played a track by this band for the first time I think and it was on about 5/6 times over the course of the day.

Rock n Roll Outlaw - Rose Tattoo.

I liked it so I'm currently listening to their Greatest Hits.

Lead singer has a class name - Angry Anderson - :lol: I hadn't realised this, but GnR covered their tracks a few times: once on Lies and again on The Spaghetti Incident.

Howay man, you can't have not heard of Angry Anderson. He did the love theme to Scott and Charlene's wedding on Neighbours! :lol:

:lol: - yeah, they mentioned that on Rock Radio. Described as the lowest point in his career :lol:

Never being a Neighbours (or any soaps) fan, that little historic gem passed me by. I can't quite bring myself to google it neither.

Used to love that as a kid too. Made a note of that :lol:

She also likes Wipeout by Dick Dale, Woo Hoo by the 5678s, Voodoo Chile by Hendrix, and Soul Sacrifice by Santana. :lol:

... and Jai Ho by that Pussycat bird, and Tubthumping by whotsit :lol:

Love the production on all that sort of shit as well. I haven't got a huge collection of that kind of thing but, like you, I'm always reminded of the quality when I dig it out.

Have you heard The Gladiators - Trenchtown Mix Up?

ridiculously good reggae album.

Have you heard The Gladiators - Trenchtown Mix Up?

ridiculously good reggae album.

No but I will check it out. Cheers.