What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

Lightning Bolt - Hypermagic Mountain

turned up loud!

Like Songs for the Deaf but not as soft.

51496[/snapback]

Is it any good? I was thinking of getting a hold of it.

Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over The Sea.

It's finally starting to click with me now and I'm even enjoying Jeff Magnum's singing.

51524[/snapback]

Yeah, really good. I'll certainly buy it.

As I said, they sound like Queens of the stoneage only harder and faster. It's like everything I'd hoped for from The Eagles of Death Metal but that they failed to deliver. They find a good rhythm/riff and just pound the shit out of it for a few minutes, occasional shouts and screams are interspersed but they have left the 'roll' in the gig case and stuck purely with the 'rock'.

Great Perth

51180[/snapback]

Those two words do not belong together.

51187[/snapback]

It isnt that bad! Still it is a liveable city, wouldnt be the first for a terrorist attack so im in no danger here ;)

Great Perth

51180[/snapback]

51187[/snapback]

It isnt that bad! Still it is a liveable city, wouldnt be the first for a terrorist attack so im in no danger here :lol:

51949[/snapback]

Al Qaieda probably haven't heard of it ;)

Great Perth

51180[/snapback]

51187[/snapback]

It isnt that bad! Still it is a liveable city, wouldnt be the first for a terrorist attack so im in no danger here ;)

51949[/snapback]

Yeh but Melbourne was VOTED the MOST liveable city* :lol: It's the place where everyone wants to live!

That amused me. I liked to think that, on the opposite end of the scale, somewhere there was a city with the slogan "the place where everyone loves to die".

* or something...

The Animals - 08THE HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN

52159[/snapback]

This song has been ruined for me since it has been pointed out to me how inappropriate it is nowadays. (see the bad taste jokes thread...)

i'm listening to songs available from www.myspace.com/churchills ;)

Edited by Lou

dinosaur jr - ear bleed country

Yeh but Melbourne was VOTED the MOST liveable city*  It's the place where everyone wants to live!

I think a sample group of Melbourne residents really isn't the greatest basis for a successful poll Lou.

The Animals - 08THE HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN

52159[/snapback]

This song has been ruined for me since it has been pointed out to me how inappropriate it is nowadays. (see the bad taste jokes thread...)

i'm listening to songs available from www.myspace.com/churchills ;)

52162[/snapback]

Sorry but its great song and anything that keeps New Orleans in peoples thoughts can only be good IMO

I meant ruined in that well known "now it makes me giggle and i feel bad but it's still a great song" way. By the way. ;)

I realise I didn't at all make that clear in my last post. *rues lack of emoticons*

I meant ruined in that well known "now it makes me giggle and i feel bad but it's still a great  song" way.  By the way.  :rimshot:

I realise I didn't at all make that clear in my last post.  *rues lack of emoticons*

52171[/snapback]

Being old and pedantic may I ask why would it make you giggle.

Robin Trower - BBC Live in Concert

This is the geezer who used to play guitar in Procol Harem. If you are into Cream, Led Zep, Jimi Hendrix and the like you should check him out.

Great Perth

51180[/snapback]

51187[/snapback]

It isnt that bad! Still it is a liveable city, wouldnt be the first for a terrorist attack so im in no danger here :rimshot:

51949[/snapback]

Yeh but Melbourne was VOTED the MOST liveable city* :tumbleweed: It's the place where everyone wants to live!

That amused me. I liked to think that, on the opposite end of the scale, somewhere there was a city with the slogan "the place where everyone loves to die".

* or something...

51967[/snapback]

I've been there - Borger, Texas