What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

System of a Down - Hypnotize

The second part of the double album mesmerize/hypnotize. Still on the first listen but the album seems to be a bit more disjointed (as is SOADS style) then the previous one.

56744[/snapback]

I only heard it for the first time today too and I'm quite happy with it, but It's not the kick to the gullet that mezmerize was. I couldn't stop listening to Mezmerize, but this is (as you would expect having been recorded at the same time) just more of the same.

Still some lush bits on it. Kill Rock N Roll is great and I've liked Hypnotize since the single came out, though it does have a hint of Spinal tap (All The Way Home) to it.

And congrats to Sammy on post 1000. :lol:

HF, you're such a Joinee through and through aintcha, you little Post Count Monkey you! (PCMing became a habit with some on the old Join Me forum.. but it stopped when it both annoyed and confused everyone else. And incidently, no I never was a PCM...)

And I'm listening to The Churchills' album You Are Here. Their first one I ever got. It's my Ultimate Be Happy because Life Is Good Album. :lol:

The specials - specials.

Oh arrr, it's gotta be ska.

"What you gonna do, when guests drop in on you?

We won't go away, 'cos we've come out to stay

Stand there like parked cars if you want to

We can't force you to enjoy this music

Take it or leave it we'll carry on regardless

If you don't like it you don't have to use it "

edit: Happy face mine was the 1001st post!

Congrats should go to Brock.

Edited by sammynb

The specials - specials.

Oh arrr, it's gotta be ska.

"What you gonna do, when guests drop in on you?

We won't go away, 'cos we've come out to stay

Stand there like parked cars if you want to

We can't force you to enjoy this music

Take it or leave it we'll carry on regardless

If you don't like it you don't have to use it "

edit: Happy face mine was the 1001st post!

Congrats should go to Brock.

57538[/snapback]

Wrong.

You were 1000th man! I was the carpet cleaner.

Still listening to lightning Bolt

Eric Clapton - Bad Love

Rush - Earthshine

Metallica - I Disappear

Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun

Satriani, Vai, Petrucci - Smoke on the Water

Satriani, Vai, Malmsteen - Rockin' in the Free World

Guns 'n' Roses - Patience

The Band - Brown Album

I remember listening the Basement Tapes a long time ago and thinking: What the hell is Bob doing? What are these strange ramshackle sounds? Why do the songs sound so sloppy and unfinished? Of course after a few more listens I granted grudging respect but this didn't seem destined to be a great flaming love affair. Still, having recently rewatched The Last Waltz I've not been able to get enough of The Band, well the first two albums anyway. I now openly scoff at the trendy Band wannabees like, erm King of Leon and ooo, loads more less trendy wannabees. I'm listening at source here people, I'm a musical archaeologist (not a real one though, obviously, more a ruggedly handsome Indiana Jones style one) sifting through dusty caves to suck out the real embalming fluid so I can run back to all you plebs back in your sheltered apartments and tell you what the real shit tastes like.

Next up I'll be telling you all why you should be listening to Neil Diamond. And not in an ironic, big fat Elvis way but as a great and underappreciated singer-songwriter. Come on, admit it. You always loved that smooth gravelly voice and just can't wait for me to justify it as something you should really be listening to in a totally sincere and non-kitch manner.

As ever just the first couple of albums, maybe that double live one that has your favourite Sweet Caroline on it. You always need a handle when a recording artist is putting down history. Shut your eyes and sections could almost be Van the Man.

Oh go on then, Jazz Singer if you must.

Edited by Django Reinhardt

Rob Mills - That's All You Are.

Awww.... I miss sleeping in carparks and on benches so that we could be front row for the all-ages gigs, or staying up all night after overages gigs because they were late and we missed the last train home and had to just wonder around going slowly more and more insane as the hours ticked by until the first train of the morning.

And the looks Rob used to give me from stage, because at first I knew none of the words because I'd only been in the country for a week, but then soon enough I knew all the words and sang along all the time...

Haha, it was fun pretending to be all teenyboppy at times :lol:

Prodigy - Out of Space

57891[/snapback]

;) Music For The Jilted Generation is better than Experience tho IMHO.

58051[/snapback]

Fat Of The Land is better than em both :lol:

Prodigy - Out of Space

57891[/snapback]

;) Music For The Jilted Generation is better than Experience tho IMHO.

58051[/snapback]

Fat Of The Land is better than em both :lol:

58165[/snapback]

One too many hits off the pipe there sonna. FOTL = nothing more than commercially spawned rubbish with maybe 2 exceptions.

sufjan stevens - seven swans.

I bought this last friday after being blown away by welcome to illanoise and I've just listened to it over and over. What an amazing recording!

I though welcome to was good but this just runs rings around it for sound and song structure.