Who is our best player?

TOPTOON

Who is our best player?  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Without a doubt Owen but it's no surprise that nearly everyone forgot him.

Parker has been our best player for the last two seasons so you have to go for him but has already been mentioned Duff and dare I say Emre have the potential to be our best.

Personally I also think Dyer can be our most important player if (and yes I know it's a massive IF) he's ever fit again. I think many people underestimate the influence he had on us when we were flying under Robson (and I mean infulence on the field before anyone starts).

Yes his productivity in terms of goals and assists has never been what it should but his pace and movement creates a hell of a lot of oppertunities and most importantly space for others to work in.

Spot on

Best player is a tough one.

Its between owen, parker and given in my opinion.

In terms of consistently playing better than his team mates, influence on each game he plays in and how good he is relative to other players in his position i'd have to say ...

that our best player is ....

Shay Given.

Given - On the basis he plays

Owen - Skill

Dyer - The difference he makes when he does play.

Agree with that. Parker does have a very good touch and energy. Would like to see him, Dyer, Duff and Solano in midfield. Bit of pace and experience there. Also sees the Dyer, Solano link up back with someone up front with pace. Makes a big difference.

Would like to see the entire back four shipped and replaced as well and that isnt going to happen.

Nice to see that the best 3 players at the club are all fucked. :good:

Given - On the basis he plays

Owen - Skill

Dyer - The difference he makes when he does play.

Agree with that. Parker does have a very good touch and energy. Would like to see him, Dyer, Duff and Solano in midfield. Bit of pace and experience there. Also sees the Dyer, Solano link up back with someone up front with pace. Makes a big difference.

Would like to see the entire back four shipped and replaced as well and that isnt going to happen.

Nice to see that the best 3 players at the club are all fucked. :good:

Its the bad luck that comes with wearing the NUFC shirt for some reason. :lol:

Owen is the best player on the books, he's a genuine world class goal scorer at every level of football and has been throughout his career.

His usefulness to us has of course been limited by injuries and we wait and see what he can do when he finally comes back from this serious injury.

Guest Patrokles

I'm a bit dubious about dubbing Given our best player. There's no doubt he's a very good goalkeeper, and he makes lots of important saves, BUT- you look at Schmeichel, who- I admit- was an exceptional player, and that's what I'd base my judgement of goalkeepers upon. Given is very very very good and in the top 3 in the premiership, but he's not the complete keeper that PS was. I don't personally think that he has the same influence on games that a truly truly great keeper can. For that reason I'd give it to Parker at the moment, more by virtue of his position and leadership/influence he has exerted even in an under-performing team. Same can be said for Owen when fit.

who's the best? well i think you can break it down into catagories....

given is bets for consistency.

parker for commitment and effort

owen for finising

duff for skill

and all of our defenders for ineptitude