Magnus Hedman

Gemmill

Apparently despite his retirement he feels that the offer may be too good to turn down. No shit - hmmm, retired and earning next to nowt, or getting paid to sit on the bench by a Premiership side. I just can't make my mind up.

Apparently despite his retirement he feels that the offer may be too good to turn down. No shit - hmmm, retired and earning next to nowt, or getting paid to sit on the bench by a Premiership side. I just can't make my mind up.

Yeah, I can't imagine shit swedish goalkeepers get much of a pension

Isn't he a Coventry reject? :good:

(I know he had a good spell at Celtic but then so did Chris Sutton! :D)

I would say it was quite the opposite, IMO he looked a not bad keeper for Coventry and at that time went through a great spell for Sweden. However he never looked the same player when he was with Celtic and often looked shakey, particularly in the Old Firm matches and other big games.

We need a third goalie, simple as that. For all these folk who say we have Krul, well yes you're right but if Harper or Krul get injured - which is always likely being in that position - we would be fucked.

So, how long is Given out? A month or two? So we need a third goalie until Christmas.

So, who else is there for such a short space of time who is available immediately???? Tell me, as I'm desperate to know!!!

Oh, and I'm thinking of changing my sig to: NUFC, twinned with VILLA (sorry, I digress)

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...+English+return

Former Sweden goalkeeper Magnus Hedman is considering coming out of retirement after attracting interest from several clubs.

Hedman quit football in the summer of 2005 after leaving Scottish giants Celtic.

The 33-year-old is thought to have attracted the interest of a Premiership club as he could sign for them even though the transfer window is shut because he is a free agent.

Hedman is now weighing up making a shock return to England with the mystery interested club.

"I have got an enquiry from a top club. It feels flattering," Hedman told Expressen.

"I have talked to the goalkeeping coach and he believes it takes three weeks before I am fit for the fight.

"I don't want to tell the name due to my respect for the club.

"They want an experienced keeper as back-up and it is hard to get players without a contract."

"I have talked to the goalkeeping coach and he believes it takes three weeks before I am fit for the fight.

Whats the point in us signing him if its going to take 3 weeks to get him fit? By which stage Shay should hopefully be on the road to recovery.

They may as well just risk Krul. The kids got a good reputation and has to learn some time. Not guaranteed we're even going to need him as Harper will be No 1 choice while Given is out, it's just back up.

That would be my risk if I was the gaffer.

What would we have to lose if the risk was taken? one game? well we've already lost one with Given and one with Harper between the sticks so one with Krul wouldn't be way out of whack now would it?

Sure it's a risk but how many times was Caig called upon to fill in because Given & Harper were both injured?

Not sure actually, didn't really listen when they read out the bench. I would just go with Krul - if something does happen to Harper, let Krul see out that game and then worry about paying some old giffer a wage for a couple of months. Or alternatively just let the young lad play.

Guardian is linking us with Roland Waterreus this morning.

Like someone said before we might as well just stick Krul on the bench. I take it there was no GK sub on Sunday?

Ignore my continental ignorance, but who the fuck is that? :good: