UEFA Cup Group Stages Draw Today

Mad-on-the-cocks

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not complaining, at least our group this year is competitive. Better than sitting through a 1-0 as we go through the motions and the other side just aren't good enough.

Exactly. It's been ages since there's been any reason to be vaguely interested in European nights at SJP. At least now they should be matches worth attending instead of the usual shit against no-hopers followed by defeat as soon as we meet someone marginally decent.

I'm not really worried, our home form has always been pretty good in Europe, even under Souness we looked solid at home.

3 teams out of 5 go through so I expect us to go through.

I think this is the fixture schedule..

1st match day: 19.10.06

Eintracht Frankfurt (A)

2nd match day: 02.11.06

No Match

3rd match day: 23.11.06

Vigo (H)

4th match day: 29.11.06 or 30.11.06

Palermo (A)

5th match day: 13.12.06 or 14.12.06

Fenerbahce (H)

Wrong :lol:

I'm not complaining, at least our group this year is competitive. Better than sitting through a 1-0 as we go through the motions and the other side just aren't good enough.

Exactly. It's been ages since there's been any reason to be vaguely interested in European nights at SJP. At least now they should be matches worth attending instead of the usual shit against no-hopers followed by defeat as soon as we meet someone marginally decent.

Yup, UEFA cup games have been like playing Hull or Rochale in the League Cup 1st round, no-one is really interested, and a few of us turn up out of habit then go home complaining that we forgot to set the tape for Extras.

As has been said, at least they are all very attractive opponents. It will be tough though and I think we will struggle in some of the games.

Aye I think we're gonna struggle, but this is a European competition and it should be a bit of a struggle. I'm actually looking forward to it starting now!