Human species 'may split in two'

Lazarus

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6057734.stm

Humanity may split into two sub-species in 100,000 years' time as predicted by HG Wells, an expert has said.

Evolutionary theorist Oliver Curry of the London School of Economics expects a genetic upper class and a dim-witted underclass to emerge.

The human race would peak in the year 3000, he said - before a decline due to dependence on technology.

People would become choosier about their sexual partners, causing humanity to divide into sub-species, he added.

The descendants of the genetic upper class would be tall, slim, healthy, attractive, intelligent, and creative and a far cry from the "underclass" humans who would have evolved into dim-witted, ugly, squat goblin-like creatures.

Race 'ironed out'

But in the nearer future, humans will evolve in 1,000 years into giants between 6ft and 7ft tall, he predicts, while life-spans will have extended to 120 years, Dr Curry claims.

Physical appearance, driven by indicators of health, youth and fertility, will improve, he says, while men will exhibit symmetrical facial features, look athletic, and have squarer jaws, deeper voices and bigger penises.

Women, on the other hand, will develop lighter, smooth, hairless skin, large clear eyes, pert breasts, glossy hair, and even features, he adds. Racial differences will be ironed out by interbreeding, producing a uniform race of coffee-coloured people.

However, Dr Curry warns, in 10,000 years time humans may have paid a genetic price for relying on technology.

Spoiled by gadgets designed to meet their every need, they could come to resemble domesticated animals.

Receding chins

Social skills, such as communicating and interacting with others, could be lost, along with emotions such as love, sympathy, trust and respect. People would become less able to care for others, or perform in teams.

Physically, they would start to appear more juvenile. Chins would recede, as a result of having to chew less on processed food.

There could also be health problems caused by reliance on medicine, resulting in weak immune systems. Preventing deaths would also help to preserve the genetic defects that cause cancer.

Further into the future, sexual selection - being choosy about one's partner - was likely to create more and more genetic inequality, said Dr Curry.

The logical outcome would be two sub-species, "gracile" and "robust" humans similar to the Eloi and Morlocks foretold by HG Wells in his 1895 novel The Time Machine.

"While science and technology have the potential to create an ideal habitat for humanity over the next millennium, there is a possibility of a monumental genetic hangover over the subsequent millennia due to an over-reliance on technology reducing our natural capacity to resist disease, or our evolved ability to get along with each other, said Dr Curry.

He carried out the report for men's satellite TV channel Bravo.

I think the dim-witted underclass is already here tbh.

Just view the "Next 10,000 Caption competition's" thread for all the proof you require !

:blink:

Its so true, for the first time in the history of the earth we have seen evolution go backwards leaving us with a new sub-species of humans (charvas) that are less evolved than their predecessor. I refuse to accept i am part of the same species as them and if i was i'd commit suicide to remove my genes from the gene pool!

Yeah, you only have to look at the morons on the metro to see devolution at work.

Every time I see them they have a blank look in their eyes and are swinging from the handles you hang on to. Even when you leave the metro, they swing from scaffolding and the like.

Bunch of fucking chimps.

In the words of Bill Hicks:

In many parts of our troubled world, people are yelling 'Revolution!'. In others they're yelling 'Evolution! We want our thumbs!'

If that's true then I propose Mr. Renton be appointed as their leader and mentor. :blink::D:razz::D

Do I hear a second to the motion? :rolleyes:

If that's true then I propose Mr. Renton be appointed as their leader and mentor. :blink::D:razz::D

Oh dear, is your only recourse to my points about your opinions in the other thread to insult me in this one? :blush:

One thing I don't think anyone could accuse me of is being a charver. Still, if you actually lived here and paid taxes to help support these vermin, you might know what everyone else is talking about. :rolleyes:

Oh dear, is your only recourse to my points about your opinions in the other thread to insult me in this one? :blush:

Of course not Mr. Renton, you just seem so well informed on so many issues I thought you would be the ideal person to educate the dim-wits, a class to which I do belong to nowadays. :rolleyes:

Of course not Mr. Renton, you just seem so well informed on so many issues I thought you would be the ideal person to educate the dim-wits, a class to which I do belong to nowadays. :blush:

If you say so. :rolleyes:

What this bloke said was based on some pretty big assumptions.

The author of the article? Speculative rubbish imo, I can't see how our species could diverge unless there were some pretty radical social changes.

What this bloke said was based on some pretty big assumptions.

The author of the article? Speculative rubbish imo, I can't see how our species could diverge unless there were some pretty radical social changes.

Yes sorry the author.

There are plenty of good looking birds who are charvers who will marry money. Just look at Cheryl Tweedy. Totally goes against what he is saying.

But in the nearer future, humans will evolve in 1,000 years into giants between 6ft and 7ft tall...

... men will exhibit symmetrical facial features, look athletic, and have squarer jaws, deeper voices and bigger penises.

The future is now in the Bass household bay_bee! :blink:

He carried out the report for men's satellite TV channel Bravo.

"Total Bollocks" seal of approval.

:blink: I never even read that far. Jesus wept! That said, I love 'The World's Wildest Police Chases' with Sheriffe John Bunnell.

I like the idea that an underclass of squat simpletons will emerge, as if evolution, which has for millions of years improved us to suit our surroundings and extend longevity, is going to start naturally selecting the retards and physically impaired. What evolutionary benefit can there be in drinking Lambrini and wearing your cap vertically? The more vertical your cap, the less likely you are to be shot by another vertical cap wearing hoodlum?

I share these murderous tendencies. Who actually told them they look good with their tracksuit bottoms tucked into white socks and Rockports? And as already mentioned, those hats that just perch on their sawdust-filled heads?

I like the idea that an underclass of squat simpletons will emerge, as if evolution, which has for millions of years improved us to suit our surroundings and extend longevity, is going to start naturally selecting the retards and physically impaired. What evolutionary benefit can there be in drinking Lambrini and wearing your cap vertically? The more vertical your cap, the less likely you are to be shot by another vertical cap wearing hoodlum?

Well only an ugly little stupid Chav will shag another stupid little chav

So after a 1000 years of ugliness and stupidy somethings gonna take its toll

Well only an ugly little stupid Chav will shag another stupid little chav

So after a 1000 years of ugliness and stupidy somethings gonna take its toll

But being shorter and uglier has no benefit so those people won't proliferate. The genetic marvels (good looking charvers) will.