Metallica

Toonraider

Anyone watch their Documentary on more4 last night? Im not sure if its been shown before, i hadnt seen it anyway, now i love most of their music but boy!! are those guys self obssessed or what? :blink:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone watch their Documentary on more4 last night? Im not sure if its been shown before, i hadnt seen it anyway, now i love most of their music but boy!! are those guys self obssessed or what? :blink:

It's Spinal Taptastic. One of the funniest documentaries I've ever seen.

James Hetfield being all introspective about how difficult fame is, how annoying it is that you can never be anonymous, how much pressure it puts on you. Cut to a scene of him with in german helmet, cruising down the motorway on a 3 wheel hotrod, staring down everybody he passes then leaving them in his dust. :D

Prick.

It's Spinal Taptastic. One of the funniest documentaries I've ever seen.

James Hetfield being all introspective about how difficult fame is, how annoying it is that you can never be anonymous, how much pressure it puts on you. Cut to a scene of him with in german helmet, cruising down the motorway on a 3 wheel hotrod, staring down everybody he passes then leaving them in his dust. :D

Prick.

I wouldn't recognise him. Just another smelly grungy braindead hell's angel wannabe twat to me, in all likelihood.

How many times has Renton argued or tried to start an argument about something he knows little or nothing about in the past week or so? :blink:

:D

Heavy/thrash metal? Give me a break. No wonder this documentary came across unwittingly as a spoof.

How many times has Renton argued or tried to start an argument about something he knows little or nothing about in the past week or so? :blink:

:razz:

Heavy/thrash metal? Give me a break. No wonder this documentary came across unwittingly as a spoof.

Calm down goth boy :D

Metallica did some ok stuff. Do they have to be so po-faced about it though?

thats what i thought exactly, jesus...they 'made it' they sell millions of albums worldwide, sell out world tours, then sit around whinging and moaning like fuck!!! God, I'd love to make them spend a month back in the real world :blink:

:rolleyes:

Calm down goth boy :razz:

:D spat me coffee out at that :D

I remember when NME went through their Metallica-worship phase around 98/99. Very odd, but it does suggest they're more than just your average dumb metal band. Inevitably getting older now, though, hence Lars Ulrich's (further) descent into utter humourlessness, which is always amusing to view...

You'd like Trivium - The Crusade if you're a Metallica fan. :)

Trivium = wank.

Absolute bs. You should be ashamed of yourself.

So I take it you actually like Trivium then?

You'd like Trivium - The Crusade if you're a Metallica fan. <_<

Trivium = wank.

Absolute bs. You should be ashamed of yourself.

So I take it you actually like Trivium then?

That's irrelevant.

:)

So why do you disagree with me calling them wank then?

You'd like Trivium - The Crusade if you're a Metallica fan. :)

Why?

Are you just generalising all metal fans here?

Trivium are a tired cliche that offer nothing original. Frankly, they are pish.

On the contrary, their new album is somewhat Metallica-esque. I was discussing this with a mate the other day and he reckons so too. I'm a metal fan myself, and I'm saying that it's obvious who their influences are.

They aren't my favourite band by a long shot, but what they do, they do well IMO.

Trivium are a tired cliche that offer nothing original.

Isn't that heavy metal all over though? <_<

I've always found Erasure to be ahead of their time when it comes to musical innovation. :)