Roeder - His lack of passion

aimaad22

Well, first of all I'd like to know what God has against us. Dont know how we didnt manage to score in the first 65 minutes. We were pathetic after that as usual, and what was more worrying than that part of the performance was Roeder's lack of passion or indeed lack of eagerness to try and change the game. He just sits there the whole 90 minutes with the same expression, waiting for things to happen.

We all understand we've got injury problems and all that. When the commentator said during the game we had 5 first team payers out today apart from Owen and Given, I felt a wave of sympathy for Glen. How much can he do with 7 starting players out? But by the end of the game all the questions against him were back. Firstly his lack of passion stated above. Then the fact that he doesnt seem to be able to do anything about our teams tendency of completely fading away during the end of the game. Its happened in 80% of the games so far this season, yet its still happens the next game. How thick is our management?For the last half an hour or so most of our players looked tired and most lacked creativity and drive. It was obvious something needed to be done. The way the likes of Duff, Rossi, N'Zogbia and Solano struggled in the end, even the like of Luque might have freshened things up. Why werent he or Milner introduced(earlier in his case) when they couldnt have possibly done any worse than the current ones on the pitch? He could have even gone for 3 upfront and taken off somebody like Butt. I mean show some invention, some desire to get something for the game!

The fact is this, he's proving game after game he's got no guts, no creativity as a manger and he cant correct some very obvious faults in the team. We know we're not enjoying the greatest luck at the moment, hitting the post in every game and all the injuries, but there's no excuse for the above facts.

In a nutshell, Roeder is senile and is a dud. ROEDER OUT! SHEPHERD OUT!

Roeder in this match looked like a man under more pressure than previous,no standing in his tech area looking like thunder etc etc,the storm that is fat fred is brewing up by his absence at that match,and changes will be soon.If not then after how many years you've been supporting this club,it will sink in how comical it's been for over 9 years

Finishing 3rd and 4rth and getting results against the likes of inter and juve! No hype to be honest, it was very real and it was great. loved every minute of it, what I wouldnt give now for those times to return

Finishing 3rd and 4rth and getting results against the likes of inter and juve! No hype to be honest, it was very real and it was great. loved every minute of it, what I wouldnt give now for those times to return

So tell me,why wasnt this carried on to greater glory?

I guess Roeder doesn't believe in subs, or he's naive enough to think bringing players on very late will give a late burst of energy, when the opposition are at their most tired. Not really, if they hardly get a touch of the ball! I know our subs weren't quality, but they would add fresh legs earlier on, and something different. Perfect time for Luque to get a bit of a chance, as he'd have got a lot of posession surely.

What a silly question! There were a thousand reasons! The main one being our players werent good enough to win the title and that they were playing at their maximum! Despite all the good things we did at that time we were never as good as team like Man U or Arenal. Only an idiot would have expected us to win the league at the time. We needed to cement our position in the top 4 of England, instead we were over ambitious and ended up loosing even what we had.

What a silly question! There were a thousand reasons! The main one being our players werent good enough to win the title and that they were playing at their maximum! Despite all the good things we did at that time we were never as good as team like Man U or Arenal. Only an idiot would have expected us to win the league at the time. We needed to cement our position in the top 4 of England, instead we were over ambitious and ended up loosing even what we had.

You're an absolute idiot. You don't know what you're talking about.

Was it "over-ambition" that lead to us only signing Lee Bowyer on a Bosman when it was plainly obvious that we needed more strenghtening and ended up losing to Partizan on penalties in the CL qualifiers?

To add to the thread about the fans, you're a fool. And not worth my frustration.

Just fuck off.

Edited by GafferTape

How have we been over ambitious?

The recent slide down for me started in that summer, signing only Bowyer as we "kept our powder dry". Then when we couldnt get much lower I read the following this summer from GR:

* We want to keep the squad age down (ruling out Sol Campbell & JFH)

* I want to wait until after the WC before signing anyone so we can run the rule over the players in the comp

* I was seasoned players with prem experience who want to win

then look what happened

* We signed Sib from Man City - how old again compared to the other two?

* We signed no one from the WC, and his "1st choice" wasnt even AT the WC (Martins)

* We signed Martins, never played in the prem in his life yet was always his 1st choice?

over ambitious ? you got to be kidding me. The other year our squad was good enough to win the title, albiet just. Even Alex Fergy said we could have won had Bellamy not got injured at the end. That squad needed a little strengthening nothing more.

I really dont see where this over ambition comes from?

The recent slide down for me started in that summer, signing only Bowyer as we "kept our powder dry". Then when we couldnt get much lower I read the following this summer from GR:

* We want to keep the squad age down (ruling out Sol Campbell & JFH)

* I want to wait until after the WC before signing anyone so we can run the rule over the players in the comp

* I was seasoned players with prem experience who want to win

then look what happened

* We signed Sib from Man City - how old again compared to the other two?

* We signed no one from the WC, and his "1st choice" wasnt even AT the WC (Martins)

* We signed Martins, never played in the prem in his life yet was always his 1st choice?

over ambitious ? you got to be kidding me. The other year our squad was good enough to win the title, albiet just. Even Alex Fergy said we could have won had Bellamy not got injured at the end. That squad needed a little strengthening nothing more.

I really dont see where this over ambition comes from?

Probably because he doesn't know what he's talking about

Guest Patrokles

Well, first of all I'd like to know what God has against us. Dont know how we didnt manage to score in the first 65 minutes. We were pathetic after that as usual, and what was more worrying than that part of the performance was Roeder's lack of passion or indeed lack of eagerness to try and change the game. He just sits there the whole 90 minutes with the same expression, waiting for things to happen.

We all understand we've got injury problems and all that. When the commentator said during the game we had 5 first team payers out today apart from Owen and Given, I felt a wave of sympathy for Glen. How much can he do with 7 starting players out? But by the end of the game all the questions against him were back. Firstly his lack of passion stated above. Then the fact that he doesnt seem to be able to do anything about our teams tendency of completely fading away during the end of the game. Its happened in 80% of the games so far this season, yet its still happens the next game. How thick is our management?For the last half an hour or so most of our players looked tired and most lacked creativity and drive. It was obvious something needed to be done. The way the likes of Duff, Rossi, N'Zogbia and Solano struggled in the end, even the like of Luque might have freshened things up. Why werent he or Milner introduced(earlier in his case) when they couldnt have possibly done any worse than the current ones on the pitch? He could have even gone for 3 upfront and taken off somebody like Butt. I mean show some invention, some desire to get something for the game!

The fact is this, he's proving game after game he's got no guts, no creativity as a manger and he cant correct some very obvious faults in the team. We know we're not enjoying the greatest luck at the moment, hitting the post in every game and all the injuries,but there's no excuse for the above facts.

In a nutshell, Roeder is senile and is a dud. ROEDER OUT! SHEPHERD OUT!

... please, shut the fuck up.

Glad to see some of you have replied in the typical manner Ive come to expect from you.

The over ambition thing is a matter of opinion isnt it? Ive always felt expectations here have been way over the top, the way we thought we would win the league after finishing 3rd and 4th. We were never good enough to do that. There have been other reasons yes, incompetent chairman and manager and transfer mayhem, but to me overambition is in there as well. We seemed to think we have a holy right on trophies, always putting huge pressure on the management.

Perhaps overambitious was the wrong word to use, but I feel expectations here have played a role in our downfall.

Edited by aimaad22

Don't see how what he's done equates to being arsehole tbh.

His condescending smugness? His tiresome anti-west agenda? His critisicm of supporters when he doesn't go to games himself? :unsure:

Wacky, I've had his number for a while now btw.