True Faith today

geordieshandy

Fair enough LM but whats your view on the article itself?

Its easy enough to pick up on what people here are saying but do you disagree with the actual article?

some bits are OK. I don't consider True Faith writers to be any different to anyone else with an opinion, such as me and no better or informed about the club either, and that particular comment made me laugh. Because things like THAT, make a hole in whatever good points they make and their credibility straightaway. It stands out like a sore thumb, and suggests to me they don't really understand what they are saying.

It suggests to me that they didn't think that particular bit out in full and that they want some sort of leadership to get us out the mess we find ourselves in, which is not forthcoming from Shepherd's appointed manager, Roeder. You picked one point out of a lengthy article, am I to assume you agree with the rest? Do you agree that we are in a relegation fight? Do you agree that the consequences of relegation could destroy the club, given that we are already running at a massive loss and have an enormous debt? And who do you think ultimately carries responsibility for a failing club? The chairman? The board? Or no one?

Don't bore me with your fifth best crap btw, I'm talking about the here and now, the present reality of the club's situation, not 5, 10, or 25 years ago.

of couse I think relegation would be disastrous. But I can't agree that a board who backs their managers professional judgement is a shit board, believe me far worse is a board that doesn't, at least you know when you appoint a good manager he will get backing. The only people who slate the board for backing "trophy" players obviously have no idea what it is like when you sell "trophy players" and replace them with has beens instead. Its a ludicrous statement.

Buying Owen could indeed be seen as an attempt to stave off a relegation fight after realising that losing Bellamy and Shearers future retirement was leaving a big gap. So what would you prefer ? Buying Owen and attempting to stay in the premiership or just accept the situation ? But I would say the money spent on Luque and Boumsong was a waste of money rather than the money spent on Owen ? So much for "trophy players" :lol: who would rather we had kept Luque and Boumsong rather than the "trophy player"

You can't ignore the past, it is relevant to not repeating errors that were made in the past, and having a board with that mentality is something we don't want ever again and could easily happen. The simple fact is that under this board the club has came a long way and gave us more than any other since the 1950's over a consistent period. Like managers though, they have their day and then their time is up, and if it is indeed up then fair comment but they should go down for having gave us a far higher profile, a couple of Cup Finals, regular european football, England and other top internationals, a spanking state of the arts stadium and training complex. Hopefully they will leave a good club for someone to take it further forward, but THAT is the rub. You have yourself seen from us replacing managers, and if you look at other clubs too who have replaced boards etc, it just doesn't work like that.

As for True Faith, sorry Renton, it suggests to me they don't understand what they are saying, they have been complaining for ages that he meddles, now they say he should ! They are just as confused as the chairman and board they slate for it .......

But tf aren't paid a fortune to run the club Leazes, are they? It's not tf's fault we are in the position we are in, neither is it the fans' fault, not even Gemmill's. It's the borad's fault, and in particular the head of that board, Freddy Shepherd.

We can argue until the cows come home about how successful Shepherd has been in the past considering the position and resources he has inherited, and we will never agree. But forget about that for now, if we are relegated any previous success will have been for nothing, Shepherd will have failed absolutely and left the club worse off than probably any time in its history. The fact that this is even a possibility is a terrible indictment of his stewardship. Why don't you open your eyes for once and see how far this club is being run into the ground in terms of both the team and finances, and finally admit who ultimately is responsible for it?

The first bit I bolded I thought was ironic, considering Shepherd's major weakness (or one of them as he has many) is that he seems to be completely incapable of learning from his mistakes, and each mistake takes us nearer the brink.

Its easy enough to pick up on what people here are saying but do you disagree with the actual article?

some bits are OK. I don't consider True Faith writers to be any different to anyone else with an opinion, such as me and no better or informed about the club either, and that particular comment made me laugh. Because things like THAT, make a hole in whatever good points they make and their credibility straightaway. It stands out like a sore thumb, and suggests to me they don't really understand what they are saying.

It suggests to me that they didn't think that particular bit out in full and that they want some sort of leadership to get us out the mess we find ourselves in, which is not forthcoming from Shepherd's appointed manager, Roeder. You picked one point out of a lengthy article, am I to assume you agree with the rest? Do you agree that we are in a relegation fight? Do you agree that the consequences of relegation could destroy the club, given that we are already running at a massive loss and have an enormous debt? And who do you think ultimately carries responsibility for a failing club? The chairman? The board? Or no one?

Don't bore me with your fifth best crap btw, I'm talking about the here and now, the present reality of the club's situation, not 5, 10, or 25 years ago.

of couse I think relegation would be disastrous. But I can't agree that a board who backs their managers professional judgement is a shit board, believe me far worse is a board that doesn't, at least you know when you appoint a good manager he will get backing. The only people who slate the board for backing "trophy" players obviously have no idea what it is like when you sell "trophy players" and replace them with has beens instead. Its a ludicrous statement.

Buying Owen could indeed be seen as an attempt to stave off a relegation fight after realising that losing Bellamy and Shearers future retirement was leaving a big gap. So what would you prefer ? Buying Owen and attempting to stay in the premiership or just accept the situation ? But I would say the money spent on Luque and Boumsong was a waste of money rather than the money spent on Owen ? So much for "trophy players" :lol: who would rather we had kept Luque and Boumsong rather than the "trophy player"

You can't ignore the past, it is relevant to not repeating errors that were made in the past, and having a board with that mentality is something we don't want ever again and could easily happen. The simple fact is that under this board the club has came a long way and gave us more than any other since the 1950's over a consistent period. Like managers though, they have their day and then their time is up, and if it is indeed up then fair comment but they should go down for having gave us a far higher profile, a couple of Cup Finals, regular european football, England and other top internationals, a spanking state of the arts stadium and training complex. Hopefully they will leave a good club for someone to take it further forward, but THAT is the rub. You have yourself seen from us replacing managers, and if you look at other clubs too who have replaced boards etc, it just doesn't work like that.

As for True Faith, sorry Renton, it suggests to me they don't understand what they are saying, they have been complaining for ages that he meddles, now they say he should ! They are just as confused as the chairman and board they slate for it .......

But tf aren't paid a fortune to run the club Leazes, are they? It's not tf's fault we are in the position we are in, neither is it the fans' fault, not even Gemmill's.

Exactly. If, as Leazes suggests, the board are as confused and non-clued-up as the lads that write for tf, then we are completely and utterly fucked.

I agree with LM here. I do buy tf and do like it, but it doesn't mean their ideas carry any more weight than my own imo.

A lot of people are more than happy to endorse/post articles that agree with their own standpoint, in order to add a bit of something to their own opinions, yet quickly ridicule something in a publication that might differ from thier own views.

[

No-one can hide. Everyone needs to stand up to be counted. Shepherd can start the ball rolling by sorting the players we need to keep this club afloat when the transfer window opens in January (what he should have done in the summer), the players need to give fucking everything on the park and some of them need to start acting like proper athletes outside the game as well if rumours we have had passed to us are correct. Glenn Roeder is facing his sternest examination of his career as a manager. He will know if he gets this wrong he'll never manage at this level again

absolutely typical to blame the chairman for interfering with the playing side of things, then endorse it :mellow::lol::stars: and of course only fuckwits like you are too stupid to spot it ...

It gets better, somehow I knew some people wouldn't see that .... and yes you were one.

Am I being naive here when I think that TF are just saying that the fat man should be backing his manager to get the players he wants in January. To me it doesn't read as he should be picking the players himself!

All these discussions are pointless. People stating its the board, its the manager, its the players. Personally now I blame them all. WE the fans are the ones getting the short end, we can go down and if we do we are proper fucked. Right now I don't give a flying fuck about the last 50 years, what I want now is some fuckers to stand up and be counted and I don't care who it is. Newcastle United are currently an embarrasment and fans the length and breadth of the country are pissing themselves laughing at us and this is fucking annoying the shit out of me.

I don't care it we need a new board or manager or simply a boot up the arse. Whatever it takes all at the club need to pull out the stops to make it happen. If we go down we will not bounce straight back as we'll be absolutely skint.

Please, please NUFC PLC get your fucking heads out the sand and do something.

Aye, pretty much spot on mick. Someone within the club needs to take responsibility if not blame for this mess, and do something about putting it right as fast as possible. That means any number of things including plans for the January transfer window, identifying targets and lining things up NOW, not starting on January 1st, and a shitload of work on the training ground to sort this mess out. A lot of it is about the players recognising that THEY are accountable for what goes on on the field regardless of what they think of the manager, or what a mess we have in the board room and bucking their ideas up right through the team.

They're good enough to stay up, but at the minute I would question whether they really WANT to stay up as much as some of the players at lesser sides. I think it's about accepting the situation you're in and rolling your sleeves up. Players at teams like Reading did this from day one because they knew they had a scrap on their hands. It's about time it sunk in at NUFC as well.

Eric Gates (I know, I know) made a good point on the Leg-ends last night. When we bought Owen, Fat Fred was struttung around next to him waxing lyrical to the fans, you couldn't shut the fucker up. When it's going tits up, he's nowhere to be seen. He made a point that this was the problem with Murray and Fickling at the mackems as well. When the fans need answers, there's a deafening silence from the club. He likes to take the plaudits, but he hasn't got the balls to stand up and take the flack, which is why we, the fans, are so pissed off.

Btw, I actually quite like Gates. When he's not making really obvious, shit jokes about Newcastle, he comes across as a proper fan of Sunderland far more than the other two do about the clubs they're representing.

Guest Patrokles

All these discussions are pointless. People stating its the board, its the manager, its the players. Personally now I blame them all. WE the fans are the ones getting the short end, we can go down and if we do we are proper fucked. Right now I don't give a flying fuck about the last 50 years, what I want now is some fuckers to stand up and be counted and I don't care who it is. Newcastle United are currently an embarrasment and fans the length and breadth of the country are pissing themselves laughing at us and this is fucking annoying the shit out of me.

I don't care it we need a new board or manager or simply a boot up the arse. Whatever it takes all at the club need to pull out the stops to make it happen. If we go down we will not bounce straight back as we'll be absolutely skint.

To be fair, when you get down to the nitty-gritty of it, every discussion on a message board is pointless.

[

No-one can hide. Everyone needs to stand up to be counted. Shepherd can start the ball rolling by sorting the players we need to keep this club afloat when the transfer window opens in January (what he should have done in the summer), the players need to give fucking everything on the park and some of them need to start acting like proper athletes outside the game as well if rumours we have had passed to us are correct. Glenn Roeder is facing his sternest examination of his career as a manager. He will know if he gets this wrong he'll never manage at this level again

absolutely typical to blame the chairman for interfering with the playing side of things, then endorse it :mellow::lol::stars: and of course only fuckwits like you are too stupid to spot it ...

It gets better, somehow I knew some people wouldn't see that .... and yes you were one.

Am I being naive here when I think that TF are just saying that the fat man should be backing his manager to get the players he wants in January. To me it doesn't read as he should be picking the players himself!

You can read it either way. Not that it matters though. Whoever buys players (and Shepherd or now Shepherd jr has a much bigger role in it than Leazes thinks) certainly needs to get into action come January, we desperately need strengthening, thats a fact.

You can read it either way. Not that it matters though. Whoever buys players (and Shepherd or now Shepherd jr has a much bigger role in it than Leazes thinks) certainly needs to get into action come January, we desperately need strengthening, thats a fact.

:mellow:

I thought Leazes Mag was Shepherd Jnr??

To be fair, when you get down to the nitty-gritty of it, every discussion on a message board is pointless.

Kind of missing the point, if people concentrated on the content instead of being anally retentive about inane details the content of this site may be slightly more interesting.

Guest Patrokles

Kind of missing the point, if people concentrated on the content instead of being anally retentive about inane details the content of this site may be slightly more interesting.

Feel free to improve it. Alternatively, just whinge that you hate it you hate it it's all so unfair!

Fucking hell lad, one person responds to your post in a less than constructive manner and the ENTIRE SITE is rendered shit.

Feel free to improve it. Alternatively, just whinge that you hate it you hate it it's all so unfair!

Thanks for proving my point.

Fucking hell lad, one person responds to your post in a less than constructive manner and the ENTIRE SITE is rendered shit.

Slight exaggeration. I don't think the entire site is shit. just get easily wound up at times by folk stating the bloody obvious and thread sweepings off on a tangent whilst I'm in mid rant.

:mellow:

I thought Leazes Mag was Shepherd Jnr??

Even Kenneth went through a rebellious phase.

Guest Patrokles

Slight exaggeration. I don't think the entire site is shit. just get easily wound up at times by folk stating the bloody obvious and thread sweepings off on a tangent whilst I'm in mid rant.

:mellow: And that there is the entire reason some APALLING people will do their utmost to get your knickers in a twist. :lol:

Buying Owen could indeed be seen as an attempt to stave off a relegation fight after realising that losing Bellamy and Shearers future retirement was leaving a big gap. So what would you prefer ? Buying Owen and attempting to stay in the premiership or just accept the situation ? But I would say the money spent on Luque and Boumsong was a waste of money rather than the money spent on Owen ? So much for "trophy players" :mellow: who would rather we had kept Luque and Boumsong rather than the "trophy player"

Im gonna get me arse booted here but at the minute, I would. The following however is not an anti Owen post purely the fact of the matter.

Luque has a chance of turning it round and banging the goals in that could save us from relegation, if hes given the chance by the Retard. Owen however has not, even if he does come back in late April, chances are it could be too late and Retards so much of a daft twat he'd continue playing the long ball game to the Premierships 2nd smallest striker (after Martins of course) or he'd play Duff up front and stick Micky in defence. :lol: