Scotty Parker

East Stander

Regardless of his recent form, is this the same Scott Parker who many thought was the complete battler for the team and was so highly praised for giving his all in every game including that performance against Arsenal but he pulss out what appears to the crowd of a 50/50 ball and he gets dogs abuse? Nothing like getting behind the team, fickle as fuck or what?

Exactly, this is the lad who played on with glandular fever last year and still gave 100%. I think his problem is that he has set too high a standard for himself, for all we know he could have been carrying a knock on Saturday but still played on, that could be why he pulled out. Its unfair to judge him on this one off situation, if there is one player in our squad he looks like he actually gives a fuck about the team then its Scott Parker but as you said "fickle as fuck".

I don't think the initial crowd reaction was anything out of the ordinary tbh. When a player pulls out of a tackle, you don't think "oh that's Scott Parker, it would be fickle to groan", you just react to it instantly. Which in this instance caused Parker to react.

I reckon he's either carrying a knock or still suffering the effects of the glandular fever and was embarrassed more than anything else that he pulled out of a 50/50 as that's not his game. So when the crowd got on his back for it, he reacted because he knew he shouldn't have done it.

I don't really think it's an indication of anything rotten at the club, it was just a one-off incident in a high pressure situation, in a match that we all knew we had to win. There'll be a lot more matches like this between now and the end of the season, and I would imagine Parker's learnt from this, and we won't be seeing this sort of thing again.

My main concern is that dickheads are going to boo him at the next home game. We can't afford anything like that, but I'm CERTAIN there'll be a minority who'll take it upon themselves to be the moral guardians - there are plenty on NO saying he shouldn't be allowed to play for us again or should be stripped of the captaincy. Hopefully there'll be enough cheers to drown the wankers out. Failing that, the boo-ers will have to be chinned. :unsure:

I don't think the initial crowd reaction was anything out of the ordinary tbh. When a player pulls out of a tackle, you don't think "oh that's Scott Parker, it would be fickle to groan", you just react to it instantly. Which in this instance caused Parker to react.

I reckon he's either carrying a knock or still suffering the effects of the glandular fever and was embarrassed more than anything else that he pulled out of a 50/50 as that's not his game. So when the crowd got on his back for it, he reacted because he knew he shouldn't have done it.

I don't really think it's an indication of anything rotten at the club, it was just a one-off incident in a high pressure situation, in a match that we all knew we had to win. There'll be a lot more matches like this between now and the end of the season, and I would imagine Parker's learnt from this, and we won't be seeing this sort of thing again.

My main concern is that dickheads are going to boo him at the next home game. We can't afford anything like that, but I'm CERTAIN there'll be a minority who'll take it upon themselves to be the moral guardians - there are plenty on NO saying he shouldn't be allowed to play for us again or should be stripped of the captaincy. Hopefully there'll be enough cheers to drown the wankers out. Failing that, the boo-ers will have to be chinned. :unsure:

Our overall performance was enough to suggest there was something rotten about the club, and we all know what that is.

I thought Scottish Mag had an interesting point about Parker not being fully committed after the Bullard challenge actually. Either way, he doesn't impress me at the minute and I don't see him being much help in a relegation battle, but then that's true of most our players.

I reckon of the current squad, Parker is the one player that we could rely on in a relegation battle. Him and Given. And there'd be no shortage of blood and guts from the likes of Ramage and Taylor, but they'd be let down by their ability. The rest will be next to useless.

I reckon of the current squad, Parker is the one player that we could rely on in a relegation battle. Him and Given. And there'd be no shortage of blood and guts from the likes of Ramage and Taylor, but they'd be let down by their ability. The rest will be next to useless.

We need goals from somewhere, not just the old headless chicken with no end product routine. It's a fact we play better without Parker in the team.

I'm with Parker on this. I didn't see what he did but I reckon it is just a reaction to his own frustration on how things are going on the field, rather than having a go at the supporters as such.

If anyone boos him the next time he plays, they will be just plain wrong imo. We need Parker on our side; if we alienate him we run the risk of the rest of the team giving up tbh.

25-yard screamer from Parker will put everything right :unsure:

We need goals from somewhere, not just the old headless chicken with no end product routine. It's a fact we play better without Parker in the team.

It's a fact that we have played better without him in the team. It's also a fact that when he got ill last season we were all shitting ourselves at the prospect of missing what he brought to the team. Since he came back he's never been the same player. Once he rediscovers that form, you won't be able to say we play better without him in the team.

It's a fact that we have played better without him in the team. It's also a fact that when he got ill last season we were all shitting ourselves at the prospect of missing what he brought to the team. Since he came back he's never been the same player. Once he rediscovers that form, you won't be able to say we play better without him in the team.

I've never been a fan actually, I really don't know what he adds and if his current shitness is just down to bad form or not. I'll try and keep an open mind though. We need all the help we can get, and I agree castigating him is not going to help anyone.

I've never been a fan actually, I really don't know what he adds and if his current shitness is just down to bad form or not. I'll try and keep an open mind though. We need all the help we can get, and I agree castigating him is not going to help anyone.

Parker is on the verge of becoming a nationalised Geordie, so you are skating on thin ice in respect of your continued position within N.O.G Nation of Geordie :unsure:

Skate carefully.

Haven't seen this posted elsewhere..........

Boss cools down row

Nov 7 2006

By Paul Gilder, The Journal

Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder last night moved to defuse a row between two of his senior players and a section of the club's furious fans.

Several supporters have complained to United officials that captain Scott Parker and full-back Stephen Carr shouted and gesticulated towards the crowd during the defeat by Sheffield United.

But having insisted that such a response would have been indicative of his team's passion and frustration, Roeder is hoping there will be no long-term consequences. "If they did do that, it would be through sheer frustration and I'm sure it's something they will not want to happen again, if that is what happened," said Roeder.

"It goes without saying that Scott Parker has done a fantastic job since getting the captaincy. He is a highly-motivated player who hates to lose at anything and Stephen Carr is exactly the same.

"I wasn't aware of it at the time but there was an awful lot of frustration both on and off the pitch."

I love the way players are supposed to put up with dog's abuse, week in, week out, and just get on with their jobs with a smile on their face, but as soon as they have the temerity to show some frustration they are demonised.

People are so fucking precious tbh.

I love the way players are supposed to put up with dog's abuse, week in, week out, and just get on with their jobs with a smile on their face, but as soon as they have the temerity to show some frustration they are demonised.

I think I could put up with the abuse for 50 grand a week mind. Better biting your lip than biting the hand that feeds you.

I think I could put up with the abuse for 50 grand a week mind. Better biting your lip than biting the hand that feeds you.

I can just imagine the rant about human rights on here if your boss had the nerve to say "I don't pay you to think, you cunt, get back to work", when you suggested a supply of fancy cakes by the coffee machine. :unsure:

Seriously, you're right that he should keep his mouth shut, but only to satisfy a pack of morons (Gemmill's going to have me for that). I'd rather live in a world where that bloke who made the complaint was hounded out of Newcastle and/or had his face kicked off for being such a twat. I'm not sure about Parker as a player, but he's clearly got character in spades and this snivelling bollocks from pampered cunts really gets on my tits.

[/rant (probably)]

spot on

I can just imagine the rant about human rights on here if your boss had the nerve to say "I don't pay you to think, you cunt, get back to work", when you suggested a supply of fancy cakes by the coffee machine. :unsure:

Seriously, you're right that he should keep his mouth shut, but only to satisfy a pack of morons (Gemmill's going to have me for that). I'd rather live in a world where that bloke who made the complaint was hounded out of Newcastle and/or had his face kicked off for being such a twat. I'm not sure about Parker as a player, but he's clearly got character in spades and this snivelling bollocks from pampered cunts really gets on my tits.

[/rant (probably)]

People are genuinely upset Oba that this time it looks like the club really is going to the wall. I don't expect Parker will hang around if that happens. As a captain, he should be leading by example but at the moment he really isn't.

I agree reporting him is somewhat pathetic but everyone reacts differently. He should just apologise and try to get back to playing some half decent football. There's no point in making an already terrible situation worse.

People are genuinely upset Oba that this time it looks like the club really is going to the wall. I don't expect Parker will hang around if that happens. As a captain, he should be leading by example but at the moment he really isn't.

I agree reporting him is somewhat pathetic but everyone reacts differently. He should just apologise and try to get back to playing some half decent football. There's no point in making an already terrible situation worse.

Like fuck he should apologise. The money's got fuck all to do with it. He's a human being who's played his heart out for the club, really has given 110% (and I hate that phrase), and when the shit hits the fan, he gets abused and reacts. "Hey, I'm doing all I can here, and I don't think you're helping matters." The fans pay their money, and have a right to react, but so does he.

I respect people are upset about the situation (and that article today really showed Nero, the fat fiddling fuck, in a new and frightening light), but that has fuck all to do with this, plebs will always be plebs and it's one rule for some and another for everyone else. Take that how you like.

Like fuck he should apologise. The money's got fuck all to do with it. He's a human being who's played his heart out for the club, really has given 110% (and I hate that phrase), and when the shit hits the fan, he gets abused and reacts. "Hey, I'm doing all I can here, and I don't think you're helping matters." The fans pay their money, and have a right to react, but so does he.

I respect people are upset about the situation (and that article today really showed Nero, the fat fiddling fuck, in a new and frightening light), but that has fuck all to do with this, plebs will always be plebs and it's one rule for some and another for everyone else. Take that how you like.

You're on full rant mode now!

The money HAS something to do with it though. For that salary, I expect him to be a bit more professional and realise if he's the captain of our club playing like an arse in a relegation battle he can expect some stick over it.

If he wants to defuse the situation he can apologise. If not, he is going to make the situation and our plight even worse, and if that's his intention, he can fuck off as far I am concerned too.

I agree with Oba generally, apart from I think Parker should apologise.

In that case you really agree with me. :unsure:

I do. I agree with the points he made too though. But he should apologise. So should Carr (I didn't see the Carr incident in all honesty) if he did the same thing.

[/rant (probably)]

I'm in total agreement with you there Renton. I think an appology needs to be forthcoming. It is likely that there will be some who will boo him next home game and I think an appology would stop that. Unlike Dyer, Parker is very highly thought of usually and his usual efforts for the team do earn him a chance.

I will be very disapointed if we don't hear anything from him though. Roeder words do nothing for me.

Personally I've argued against people booing Dyer and Bowyer in the past so I would be hypocritical to change that stance for Parker although I do admit I booed him after the event on Saturday due to the heat of the moment.

But he should apologise.

Oba, did you hear that? Apologise NOW.

:unsure:

I'm sorry. :D

I do agree that Parker should apologise, I just think it's pandering to fuckwits (and some people who are just bit emotionally unstable at the moment). I'm really just ranting about why he has to do it; the money shouldn't change anything, he is who he is.

And Carr should just apologise, that's got fuck all to do with Saturday, or even football, he should just apologise.

But he should apologise.

Oba, did you hear that? Apologise NOW.

:unsure:

I'm sorry. :D

I do agree that Parker should apologise, I just think it's pandering to fuckwits (and some people who are just bit emotionally unstable at the moment). I'm really just ranting about why he has to do it; the money shouldn't change anything, he is who he is.

And Carr should just apologise, that's got fuck all to do with Saturday, or even football, he should just apologise.

Agreed