Most exciting thing you have done today?

Jan

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're hoping I won't use mine all that often, so they might get ten years out of it. I think on average it's around eight. Sounds like its the wires that are the pain to change - they scar in place, so riving them out isn't much fun. I think I'll take the general anaesthetic for that one.

Does that mean you can switch it on and off, or does it kick in if it senses you've missed a beat?

Cheers lads.

TS it's basically on all the time, but it only does something if it needs to. So there's 2 wires - one at the top, and one at the bottom. If the top wire feels my heart's natural pacemaker send a message to my heart to beat, and it doesn't bother to beat, then the pacemaker will give it a nudge.

Ant, I think microwaves are ok, but I've been told not to hang about on my way in and out of shops where the shoplifting sensors are. :lol:

Wasn't quite today, but on Monday I officially became the world's sexiest male recipient of a pacemaker! The sexiest female recipient is the blonde wifey off Modern Family. Got out of hospital yesterday - the NHS are amazing btw.

Bloody hell! Glad it went well, better safe than sorry. Of course you now have no official excuse if you do a girlie faint.......

Edit: also does this mean you can now avoid the metal detector at airports? maybe consider smuggling some firearms for extra cash?

Edited by Kitman

You need to be careful around magnets too, which is a bit random. And if you get dizzy when using an electric toothbrush you might have to swap to a normal one.

Another question Bianca...Did you ever find out why you were having dizzy spells? Or are you still getting them?

I just wandered cos for the last 3 months I've been feeling sort of dizzy, not the room spinning round like, but sort of a 'swimmey head' (if that makes any sense)!! My doc doesnt know why...I've had my ears syringed, sorted my BP out as it was a little high (though that was unlikely to be the cause) now its perfect but I still get dizzy spells. Especially if I am on my feet for a long while, it goes once I've sat down for a while! I am so sick of it.

Doc even did more Blood tests, as I've had a couple of feeling faint moments too but all was fine except my Thyroid results were borderline. He will check that again in 3 months.

Maybe its just something I have to put up with :rolleyes:

Anyhow I'm glad you are ok. (and very brave) B)

Nah still not sure on the dizziness, Bev. I'd pretty much been told that they didn't think the pacemaker would sort it out, and they were right, so I'm gonna have to talk to the doctor about it again.

When I first went, he thought it was an inner ear thing, which it might well be cos I've always had slightly dodgy "clicky" ears (something to do with the eustachian tube?!). I'll let you know if I find out - it's not a massive deal, but not quite knowing where your balance is most of the time is a pain in the arse and shouldn't be happening, so I want to get it sorted.

Hope you get an answer for yours! If the docs can't find an answer, I'm gonna go and see a cranial osteopath, even if Renton does think it's hocus pocus. I draw the line at homeopathy though. ;)

Nah still not sure on the dizziness, Bev. I'd pretty much been told that they didn't think the pacemaker would sort it out, and they were right, so I'm gonna have to talk to the doctor about it again.

When I first went, he thought it was an inner ear thing, which it might well be cos I've always had slightly dodgy "clicky" ears (something to do with the eustachian tube?!). I'll let you know if I find out - it's not a massive deal, but not quite knowing where your balance is most of the time is a pain in the arse and shouldn't be happening, so I want to get it sorted.

Hope you get an answer for yours! If the docs can't find an answer, I'm gonna go and see a cranial osteopath, even if Renton does think it's hocus pocus. I draw the line at homeopathy though. ;)

Me too, even though I was really ill last year, I didnt resort to that despite nearly losing my sanity :rolleyes:

You're right though, your dizziness shouldnt be happening, I've begun to live around it ...which is daft! I think the Eustachian tube runs from the back of the nose to the middle ear. But normally problems with that cause ear pain and muffled hearing.

Though having just read up about it, early problems can cause popping or clicking sounds!

You are certainly very special Bianca :razz:

The inner ear's a touchy thing when it goes wrong. I used to get a blocked eustachian tube when I was in the UK, which meant I'd get an inner ear infection which would fuck my ear (ear ache, swimming noises, you hear yourself eating etc). Only way to clear it was anti-b's. I also ended up with fairly permanent tinnitus too when I came back from holiday and the cabin pressure on the jet also fucked my ear. Happily I haven't had it since I moved to NZ but I put that down to the climate.

So I could well believe it's connected to the ear somehow. I think homeopathy's a bit of a swindle btw - faith healing at best.

Reckon this is proof that Gingers aren't put together right.

Gemmill, are you going to use this as an excuse to get out of further piss-ups, or are you sticking with the "I have to look after my girlfriend's sister's mother-in-law's cat" line?

congrats Keith

The most exciting thing I've done so far is twat my hand off the wall. The Flu I had has brought on my last 2 wisdom teeth coming through, been to the dentist who says I've got to get them out, but it might be three weeks or so. 3 Weeks of this pain and being unable to eat anything but fucking soup? Champion. Oh the Flu and teeth situation has given me gingivitis so I've got antiseptic mouth wash, I've got to really scrub my teeth which makes the gums bleed and of course I occasionally rake bristles across the highly tender flesh around the wisdom teeth causing me to twat my hand off the wall.

I just paid the cash to get the wisdom tooth out i had to get pulled last year, £200 well spent tbh, most of that was the xray and i opt'd to get that drip in your arm because i gag real easy and that suppresses it, took 15mins only had to wait a week to get it done.

That twilight drip thing is worth the £60 extra anyway, makes it feel like it took 3minutes and you literally don't care what they're doing.

is it top or bottom btw Fish? dentist was telling me the top ones are by far easier to remove and have little complications generally.

Bottom ones. <_<

To be honest I'd want to be knocked the fuck out. Sounds like it'll be done at a hospital, rather than at a dental surgery.

Just so fucking fed up, y'know? Couldn't see my mates for the 1st week because I was contagious, mind, I could barely get out of bed without feeling dizzy and exhausted. Couldn't see my friends new baby girl and while I know she understands, I feel proper guilty about that. Incredibly lonely. Haven't eaten more than half a bowl of soup a day for week and a half now.

But at least I'm not Tin Man, eh Gemmill?

I just paid the cash to get the wisdom tooth out i had to get pulled last year, £200 well spent tbh, most of that was the xray and i opt'd to get that drip in your arm because i gag real easy and that suppresses it, took 15mins only had to wait a week to get it done.

That twilight drip thing is worth the £60 extra anyway, makes it feel like it took 3minutes and you literally don't care what they're doing.

is it top or bottom btw Fish? dentist was telling me the top ones are by far easier to remove and have little complications generally.

Bottom ones. <_<

To be honest I'd want to be knocked the fuck out. Sounds like it'll be done at a hospital, rather than at a dental surgery.

Just so fucking fed up, y'know? Couldn't see my mates for the 1st week because I was contagious, mind, I could barely get out of bed without feeling dizzy and exhausted. Couldn't see my friends new baby girl and while I know she understands, I feel proper guilty about that. Incredibly lonely. Haven't eaten more than half a bowl of soup a day for week and a half now.

But at least I'm not Tin Man, eh Gemmill?

Ooooo me teeth are hurting and I'm so lonely.:lol: Not only do you look like a little baldy baby, now you sound like one too. Get yourself a teething ring and shut the fuck up. :razz:

Real men get local anaesthetic btw. Puff.

Gemmill relinquishing his grasp on the title of "hardest Toontastic Poster" here like with this news.

Nah, he'll be running round thinking that he's Iron Man now.

I walked out of the operating room. Don't worry about how nails I am. :razz:

Ooooo me teeth are hurting and I'm so lonely. :lol: Not only do you look like a little baldy baby, now you sound like one too. Get yourself a teething ring and shut the fuck up. :razz:

Real men get local anaesthetic btw. Puff.

:icon_lol: