Interesting snip at the end of the match report

LeazesMag

it takes two to tango mate, I suggest you look closer to home ie your chums

Ref your post above, yes of course I like it when I'm right. Don't you ? As I point out though, its not difficult calling things correctly, sometimes its just a matter of looking at facts, and realism, and just having a mind of your own to make a conclusion. Which is why I usually am .......

He started it miss, waah waah.

Man up and accept some responsibility you oaf.

make a decent post with some content for a change.

<_<

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha.......you call me a cretin. Go back and see where I said to that rentboy chum of yours that the team is showing signs of improving [before the last 2 or 3 recent results] and he rubbished it. <_<

Which games did you see these signs of improvement in then Leazes? Sheffield United? Charlton? You never said anything at the time (and would have correctly been regarded as mad if you had), and you've never answered the question since I asked it either.

I fully expect you to come up with some random bullshit now though, rather than answer a simple question, as is par for the course for a complete moron like yourself. :)

even after the games against Man City, Arsenal, Celta Vigo and Pompey you couldn't see how much better we were ? :)

Ha ha, what a fucking thick cunt. Go and join Dan the brain in the idiots corner.

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?...mp;#entry239627

Never banned anyone on here for constant abuse before, but I'm considering it with you.

Stick to the debate at hand, less of the insults.

Ref your post above, yes of course I like it when I'm right. Don't you ? As I point out though, its not difficult calling things correctly, sometimes its just a matter of looking at facts, and realism, and just having a mind of your own to make a conclusion. Which is why I usually am .......

The only constant abuse in this thread is coming from you. I'd quote all the examples of it if you really wanted? By the way, they're not my chums; as admin of this board I treat everyone the same when it comes to pointless name calling. HTL went through this phase too, and admitted to me over PM that he was just taking the piss to try and get himself banned (for some reason). You doing the same like?

I want an answer to this Leazes..

Leazes man, at least admit we're stagnant and have been for the last ten years?

we've made zero progress since then and don't give me shite about consistently appearing in Europe because if you put the Inter-two-Bob in the same bracket as the Champions League I'll ... I'll lose faith in humanity tbh

haha.......you call me a cretin. Go back and see where I said to that rentboy chum of yours that the team is showing signs of improving [before the last 2 or 3 recent results] and he rubbished it. <_<

Which games did you see these signs of improvement in then Leazes? Sheffield United? Charlton? You never said anything at the time (and would have correctly been regarded as mad if you had), and you've never answered the question since I asked it either.

I fully expect you to come up with some random bullshit now though, rather than answer a simple question, as is par for the course for a complete moron like yourself. :)

even after the games against Man City, Arsenal, Celta Vigo and Pompey you couldn't see how much better we were ? :)

Ha ha, what a fucking thick cunt. Go and join Dan the brain in the idiots corner.

Never banned anyone on here for constant abuse before, but I'm considering it with you.

The only constant abuse in this thread is coming from you. I'd quote all the examples of it if you really wanted? By the way, they're not my chums; as admin of this board I treat everyone the same when it comes to pointless name calling. HTL went through this phase too, and admitted to me over PM that he was just taking the piss to try and get himself banned (for some reason). You doing the same like?

not particularly. However some people deserve to have the piss taken out of them. Others who have a superiority complex deserve to be told they are idiots, or wrong when they are in fact proved wrong, its just a shame they aren't big enough to admit it.

On football related issues, I give my opinion, and it is almost always based on fact and realism wherever possible, rather than simply putting your head up your arse and repeating the same thing that others do. On judgement of football and football related issues, I am generally right, and if that doesn't please some posters on here, then that isn't really my fault if they have poor judgement.

My view on the board of this football club is not based on the fact that I like them, because I probably wouldn't if I knew them, just a completely realistic view that they have done very well, we could far more easily do worse than better, and unfortunately only getting a board who have no ambition will prove it, although I don't want that to happen.

Again, if some people don't understand this or don't want to believe it, or have higher expectations of the club that have been brought about by the very board they criticise whatever they do, I can't help that, only point it out. Intelligent people will take it in, and listen, having been there and seen it, silly ones won't.

not particularly. However some people deserve to have the piss taken out of them. Others who have a superiority complex deserve to be told they are idiots, or wrong when they are in fact proved wrong, its just a shame they aren't big enough to admit it.

On football related issues, I give my opinion, and it is almost always based on fact and realism wherever possible, rather than simply putting your head up your arse and repeating the same thing that others do. On judgement of football and football related issues, I am generally right, and if that doesn't please some posters on here, then that isn't really my fault if they have poor judgement.

My view on the board of this football club is not based on the fact that I like them, because I probably wouldn't if I knew them, just a completely realistic view that they have done very well, we could far more easily do worse than better, and unfortunately only getting a board who have no ambition will prove it, although I don't want that to happen.

Again, if some people don't understand this or don't want to believe it, or have higher expectations of the club that have been brought about by the very board they criticise whatever they do, I can't help that, only point it out. Intelligent people will take it in, and listen, having been there and seen it, silly ones won't.

Game of opinions though, rather than facts?

It's fact, that on average (although it depends which average you take) that we're the 5th best club in the country over the last 10 years, right?

It's fact, that in 04/05 and 05/06, as well as currently, we finished way below that average. So I ask you, is that 5th place our yard stick? And how many times do we have to fail to reach that yard stick before we can be deemed a club not being run properly?

When the average slips to 6th, or 7th, what then?

make a decent post with some content for a change.

<_<

Rollymoleyeyes so lame.

as boring as usual

Probably the most ironic post i have ever, EVER seen.

Kudos, now go asphyxiate yourself, kthx.

This is possibly the most ironic and hypocritical post I have ever read. Look at the bits in bold, for instance. Who is the one that is claiming they are always right on a game based on opinions? Who is the one that can never admit they are wrong? Who is the one with their head in the sand, or up their arse? Who is the one that simply repeats the same inane comments, day in, day out, for months on end? <_<

As for insults, well, lets take this thread as an example. You start it by posting a story published in a paper you have always previously described as rubbish. In my first post, I try and answer the point I think you're trying to raise, with no insults. In your next post, completely unprovoked, you call me a wanker and deliberately derail your own thread to argue about Roeder's health, which was the subject of a parrallel thread at the time, and is pretty distasteful, to say the least.

You then go on your usual rant where you spout shite about things you have no clue about, and go out of your way to abuse everyone who doesn't agree with you, which is, well, everyone. You admit to making responses to posts you haven't read, and you fail to back up any of your straw man arguments. And you're insults aren't witty or taking the piss - or do you normally call people who disagree with you cunts, tossers, and wankers?

It doesn't take two to tango in your case Leazes, you're dancing with yourself to the voices in your head. Calling you sad or stupid really isn't intended as an insult from me, it just seems to be an accurate way of describing you. And if you're really not stupid, then personally I think you need psychiatric help to help you cope with your delusions.

If the only way you can reply to my comments Leazes is to throw schoolyard abuse at me, then please don't bother. You can think I am a cunt, wanker, tosser or whatever, and I'll think you are a stupid, belligerent, right wing oaf who has a huge inferiority problem.

I don't know if he can sign the "right" player or not. Every manager makes mistakes, just some more than others. He spotted Kevin Phillips. I have thought for a while that Martins seems to have a good attitude and is willing to improve, he is giving it his best shot and he might adapt and become a good player because of this and because he is young increases this chance. He is small though, and it does count. What is more important is that I have seen players before who lack composure, they rarely become "dead eyed" finishers, like Shearer, Owen, Lineker etc....yes I know I am quoting the best examples, but the point is players can get into good positions [which is a talent too] to take opportunities but never have the ability to become what they could be, lack of composure is just their mental make up.

I hope he does it, he seems to be a nice lad, and he has now scored a few goals so the pressure on him to do this will be lessened, also helped by the climb up the table if it continues. I think grabbing the ball to take that penalty last week considering the pressure he was under to start scoring was top class, and said a lot of him.

Sibierski is doing absolutely brilliantly for us, he was nothing other than a short term signing during a difficult time but he deserves the support of everybody for what he's doing.

I think we need a forward who can obviously stick the ball in the net, in January, but predominantly be a player who plays outside the box, if you get my drift. A player who can be an outlet, hold the ball, make runs to receive the ball. The whole problem with Newcastle from day 1 of this season is that we have had a flat midfield that has not been able to support the forwards, and this has been magnified by the fact that the forwards couldnt' hold the ball anyway. Sibierski is doing better than Ameobi in this respect, this is one of the reasons we have done better. Also, the midfield player breaking from midfield makes a difference. Since Butt came in for Parker, Emre has played further forward and has filled this space better, this is the other major reason we are looking better. On paper Butt and Parker are basically the same, but in reality Butt is better than Parker, he stays on his feet, is a better tackler .... and Parkers little twirls annoy me to death <_< he holds up the game, he does it too often.

I think Roeder was very brave buying Martins, he knows his first few signings would create an impression among supporters of himself, this is the way it is, but the signing in January has to be a good one, we are improving but if we get any more injuries to the players who have played well and made the difference we are back to square 1. If he gets the wrong one then I'll be pissed off, but how pissed off I don't know. Basically, if he goes for a risky foreigner who flops he'll get no sympathy whatsoever from me. He needs a proven player - even for a small fee - who will come in and play from day 1, and he has to talk to him, assess his character and his motivation to the club. I hope he is looking now at the players he would like and preparing the groundwork, you have to work from a list because you simply very rarely get your first choice. Sometimes though luck plays a part, you miss out on a player you want and your alternative turns out to be a big success. Remember Francis Jeffers ? Bobby Robson wanted him, he also wanted Craig Bellamy. Who was first ? Where is Jeffers [who went to Arsenal and Wenger instead] and look at what Bellamy did for us ?

Don't you think Martins should do more to receive the ball? I thought before that you were suggesting a big target type.

I was thinking that if we couldn't sign a clever player then at least we should sign some muscle, only Beattie, Viduka and Davies spring to mind in the 'Maybe Available' bracket.

I thought that any combination of Dyer, Zoggy, Duff and Milner could do lots of effective running if we have a lump who we can stick the ball to.

I doubt we'd have the budget for a target man who's moblie and can finish, Drogba and Adriano are the only 2 i can think of who fulfill all those roles tbh!

I think we have to assume we won't get a regualr scorer in Jan, more of a support player or Big Lump.

What do you think?

If you had to choose between Beattie, Davies, Viduka, Crouch and Tevez who would you want?

I'd be worried that the other Liverpool players are making Crouch look good.

I'd probably say Beattie, just for the aerial ability and power - i think we lack that atm.

Edited by Missed Sticks

that's too much. my sides are aching

Game of opinions though, rather than facts?

It's fact, that on average (although it depends which average you take) that we're the 5th best club in the country over the last 10 years, right?

It's fact, that in 04/05 and 05/06, as well as currently, we finished way below that average. So I ask you, is that 5th place our yard stick? And how many times do we have to fail to reach that yard stick before we can be deemed a club not being run properly?

When the average slips to 6th, or 7th, what then?

5th might be our average, but i wonder if leazesmag can tell us what our mean, mode, median, and standard deviation is?

and does it actually mean anything when you consider how shite we've been since shepherd took over apart from a few years under sir bobby

5th might be our average, but i wonder if leazesmag can tell us what our mean, mode, median, and standard deviation is?

and does it actually mean anything when you consider how shite we've been since shepherd took over apart from a few years under sir bobby

The mode's not really applicable and standard deviation in this context is meaningless, personally I think median would be the most appropriate measure. Anyway by my calculations:

Under SJH:

Mean = 3.67

Median = 3

Under FS:

Mean = 8.3

Median = 9

Under board since 1992:

Mean = 7.2

Median = 6

Note that Shepherd's figures are improved by giving him credit for the 96-97 season when we came 2nd (which Hall should probably take most credit for) and of course we can't include this season which will probably drag him down further. Notice how much Shepherd drags down our total league place by virtue of the fact he has been here 10 years.

I have never seen anyone else calculate our average position the way LeazesMag does, it smacks of spin. The fallacy is he is using how bad and inconsistent other clubs have been in attempt to make Shepherd's performance look better, rather than focus on how well NUFC have done. He also never takes into account the resources we have had to spend in getting where we have, or the massive debt we have accrued, and compares us on an even playing field with the likes of Hartlepool, which is frankly ludicrous. Even so, I expect this year we will slip down a place even using his skewed logic.

I have never seen anyone else calculate our average position the way LeazesMag does, it smacks of spin. The fallacy is he is using how bad and inconsistent other clubs have been in attempt to make Shepherd's performance look better, rather than focus on how well NUFC have done.

There's an easy enough way to work out how you feel about the Leazes system. Blackburn have won the Premiership since its inception and been relegated from it; we've done neither. We have a better average position than them. Which would you prefer?

I have never seen anyone else calculate our average position the way LeazesMag does, it smacks of spin. The fallacy is he is using how bad and inconsistent other clubs have been in attempt to make Shepherd's performance look better, rather than focus on how well NUFC have done.

There's an easy enough way to work out how you feel about the Leazes system. Blackburn have won the Premiership since its inception and been relegated from it; we've done neither. We have a better average position than them. Which would you prefer?

Ah well, trophies don't count, remember?

I don't know if he can sign the "right" player or not. Every manager makes mistakes, just some more than others. He spotted Kevin Phillips. I have thought for a while that Martins seems to have a good attitude and is willing to improve, he is giving it his best shot and he might adapt and become a good player because of this and because he is young increases this chance. He is small though, and it does count. What is more important is that I have seen players before who lack composure, they rarely become "dead eyed" finishers, like Shearer, Owen, Lineker etc....yes I know I am quoting the best examples, but the point is players can get into good positions [which is a talent too] to take opportunities but never have the ability to become what they could be, lack of composure is just their mental make up.

I hope he does it, he seems to be a nice lad, and he has now scored a few goals so the pressure on him to do this will be lessened, also helped by the climb up the table if it continues. I think grabbing the ball to take that penalty last week considering the pressure he was under to start scoring was top class, and said a lot of him.

Sibierski is doing absolutely brilliantly for us, he was nothing other than a short term signing during a difficult time but he deserves the support of everybody for what he's doing.

I think we need a forward who can obviously stick the ball in the net, in January, but predominantly be a player who plays outside the box, if you get my drift. A player who can be an outlet, hold the ball, make runs to receive the ball. The whole problem with Newcastle from day 1 of this season is that we have had a flat midfield that has not been able to support the forwards, and this has been magnified by the fact that the forwards couldnt' hold the ball anyway. Sibierski is doing better than Ameobi in this respect, this is one of the reasons we have done better. Also, the midfield player breaking from midfield makes a difference. Since Butt came in for Parker, Emre has played further forward and has filled this space better, this is the other major reason we are looking better. On paper Butt and Parker are basically the same, but in reality Butt is better than Parker, he stays on his feet, is a better tackler .... and Parkers little twirls annoy me to death :) he holds up the game, he does it too often.

I think Roeder was very brave buying Martins, he knows his first few signings would create an impression among supporters of himself, this is the way it is, but the signing in January has to be a good one, we are improving but if we get any more injuries to the players who have played well and made the difference we are back to square 1. If he gets the wrong one then I'll be pissed off, but how pissed off I don't know. Basically, if he goes for a risky foreigner who flops he'll get no sympathy whatsoever from me. He needs a proven player - even for a small fee - who will come in and play from day 1, and he has to talk to him, assess his character and his motivation to the club. I hope he is looking now at the players he would like and preparing the groundwork, you have to work from a list because you simply very rarely get your first choice. Sometimes though luck plays a part, you miss out on a player you want and your alternative turns out to be a big success. Remember Francis Jeffers ? Bobby Robson wanted him, he also wanted Craig Bellamy. Who was first ? Where is Jeffers [who went to Arsenal and Wenger instead] and look at what Bellamy did for us ?

Don't you think Martins should do more to receive the ball? I thought before that you were suggesting a big target type.

I was thinking that if we couldn't sign a clever player then at least we should sign some muscle, only Beattie, Viduka and Davies spring to mind in the 'Maybe Available' bracket.

I thought that any combination of Dyer, Zoggy, Duff and Milner could do lots of effective running if we have a lump who we can stick the ball to.

I doubt we'd have the budget for a target man who's moblie and can finish, Drogba and Adriano are the only 2 i can think of who fulfill all those roles tbh!

I think we have to assume we won't get a regualr scorer in Jan, more of a support player or Big Lump.

What do you think?

If you had to choose between Beattie, Davies, Viduka, Crouch and Tevez who would you want?

I'd be worried that the other Liverpool players are making Crouch look good.

I'd probably say Beattie, just for the aerial ability and power - i think we lack that atm.

yes I have said before that I was not happy with Martins efforts to receive the ball, he has shown signs of doing this more though, I am hoping that he will become better or more aware of this, or yes, the alternative is to say he isn't the type of player that we/you want in your team, and get rid of him. Forward players who do not offer movement are not my type of forward players that I want to see playing for Newcastle.

The 3 players you mention would all do OK, in fact for the right price may well be the player we bring in. Viduka maybe has the doubtful attitude, Beattie hasn't really became the player he should have done since moving to Everton, Davies is OK. As you say, if money is tight these players will be within our range.

At least they aren't "trophy"players <_< so now if one of those comes here I await people saying they aren't good enough ....

I would possibly pick Crouch, but I'm not sure, Beattie would be the next best, who would you pick of those 4 players ?

Maybe he could gamble on a player from the 1st division ?

It a difficult call. I would personally have tried to get Jason Roberts [accepting a limited budget] when he moved in the summer, but he's injured now. I think he is a hungry player with desire, pace, and strength and would have been a decent partner for Owen when, or if, he comes back and plays for us consistently.

there is no spin about it. Its quite simply the fact that only 4 clubs have a higher average position, and the same 4 clubs are the only clubs who have qualified more for europe during this period.

If you prefer Blackburns last decade to ours, that is of course your prerogative.

Personally, I don't much fancy supporting a club with a half empty ground and who sell their best players, I suffered it for decades when we had a shit board.

that's too much. my sides are aching

you should do the same. While you are at it, you can tell us who your replacements for the board are who will automatically back the manager and lead us to a permanent top 4 position in the premiership ie do better than the current board.

You can also tell us which defenders you think we should spend our limited budget on, rather than forwards ?

I reckon I would take their recent history over ours (including the Premiership win which was over 10 years ago - 1995?), purely on the results side, which is what people meant, I think. 2 trophys over 0, no contest imo.

This is possibly the most ironic and hypocritical post I have ever read. Look at the bits in bold, for instance. Who is the one that is claiming they are always right on a game based on opinions? Who is the one that can never admit they are wrong? Who is the one with their head in the sand, or up their arse? Who is the one that simply repeats the same inane comments, day in, day out, for months on end? <_<

As for insults, well, lets take this thread as an example. You start it by posting a story published in a paper you have always previously described as rubbish. In my first post, I try and answer the point I think you're trying to raise, with no insults. In your next post, completely unprovoked, you call me a wanker and deliberately derail your own thread to argue about Roeder's health, which was the subject of a parrallel thread at the time, and is pretty distasteful, to say the least.

You then go on your usual rant where you spout shite about things you have no clue about, and go out of your way to abuse everyone who doesn't agree with you, which is, well, everyone. You admit to making responses to posts you haven't read, and you fail to back up any of your straw man arguments. And you're insults aren't witty or taking the piss - or do you normally call people who disagree with you cunts, tossers, and wankers?

It doesn't take two to tango in your case Leazes, you're dancing with yourself to the voices in your head. Calling you sad or stupid really isn't intended as an insult from me, it just seems to be an accurate way of describing you. And if you're really not stupid, then personally I think you need psychiatric help to help you cope with your delusions.

If the only way you can reply to my comments Leazes is to throw schoolyard abuse at me, then please don't bother. You can think I am a cunt, wanker, tosser or whatever, and I'll think you are a stupid, belligerent, right wing oaf who has a huge inferiority problem.

the point of quoting from the newspaper I did is because you lot read it - I would have thought that would be obvious to a clever lad like you.

The only posts I don't read fully, are mainly yours.

It is a game of opinions. I can say someone is a good player and you can differ. But you can't argue with league positions, and the fact that the current board since 1992 have strived for success more than any other for 50 years, have qualified more for europe in their time than any other, and only 4 clubs during this time have done better than us. If you are a clever lad you will see this is not in fact "an opinion", but a fact.

Therefore it is futile to argue with it, you can't.

the point of quoting from the newspaper I did is because you lot read it - I would have thought that would be obvious to a clever lad like you.

The only posts I don't read fully, are mainly yours.

It is a game of opinions. I can say someone is a good player and you can differ. But you can't argue with league positions, and the fact that the current board since 1992 have strived for success more than any other for 50 years, have qualified more for europe in their time than any other, and only 4 clubs during this time have done better than us. If you are a clever lad you will see this is not in fact "an opinion", but a fact.

Therefore it is futile to argue with it, you can't.

Well done, managed a post without an insult, I'm impressed. :)

I don't mind if you read my posts or not tbh. What I do mind is the fact you keep harping on about how I haven't responded to a question you've asked, when I have, as happened in this thread and has happened several times before. It gets a bit irritating after a while. Not as irritating as you making up quotes from people (not just myself) in order to strenghen your argument, then fail to show any evidence they have said what you have claimed.

Btw, I've never argued about the facts you post (as long as they are indeed facts), I've argued with the spin you put on them, your interpretion of them, and the fact you freely choose to ignore other facts if they don't fit into your theories. Your claim that you are always right, which you have repeated several times, sums you up imo, you are too blinkered to appreciate anyone's point of view if it doesn't suit your own. Hence I knew my stuff when Souness was manager, but not now that Roeder is (to the extent my views aren't worth reading apparently). That's really just sad, and to top it off, unfortunately 90% of the time you feel the need to be abusive in the process, and everyone knows it.