luque is a magpie

nufc1984

What happened to Kanu? He used to be really good when he was young at Arsenal, now he's just a lazy sod who can't score goals anymore.

18920[/snapback]

Ask Dyer......he should know. :lol:

Yeah...he was a terrifac player to watch many years ago.

18922[/snapback]

He might be too busy throwing punches and having a piss in public right now. But he has reinvented himself last season, and I still find him defintely a better player than Jenas... he seemed like someone who played crap the first half of the season in recnet seasons before having a standout performance and scroing a couple of great goals. Edited by TheInspiration

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..why can't he get ahead of Campbell, Horsfield, Kamarra, Ellington and, more worringly...Kanu?  I know HTT said that Robson likes to play with big target men. But IMO, that's not true. Last night Robson dropped Campbell and Horsfield for Kanu and Domensey Kamarra. Now.... those two players are not exactly big type centre forwards, are they?

18913[/snapback]

Kamarra has pace and power, he's a bigger player basically and links up better with the midfield, he spins off defenders where as Earnshaw runs into channels and is one of those players who is a box player more than a link up man because he has poor control and leading the line awareness.

Some managers just take a dislike to certain players style. Robbo just doesn't rate him or sees him as a player he wants in his system.

Earnshaw is also one of those players that is hard to fit in, that's why he makes more of an impact in the latter stages of matches or from the bench when there is no pattern or system to the game.

Plus, Robbo is no great spotter of talent, remember he signed Hamilton Ricard for Boro and thought Andy Campbell would make the England squad one day.

Don't the SMB have a presenter on Sky who posts on there o reads it? I know a Mackem presents SSN sometimes and once mentioned in some SMB fanzine that he knows a few on the SMB.

Could be wrong.

18914[/snapback]

Aye, David Jones is a Mackem I think...

Nonetheless, I really doubt that this is a hoax... Surely even SSN wouldn't quote something like this as being "exclusive", and write the article as if it were true fact, if it wasn't?

Sky Sports are running the story exclusive to them saying the agent spoke to skysports.com so it surely wouldnt be made up by some mackem

18932[/snapback]

So why have they not put a word of this on Sky Sports News? Checking their sources themselves?

u lot are really depressed mentally or something.....like johnyhall was saying..the story is exclusive to sky sports,sothey get it first.the others will have on there headlines in the morning.calm down,luque has signed!

common sense sayss he will play upfront,but souness will play him lw and shearer on his tod,you watch!

18959[/snapback]

I only asked because I understand Luque to be an offensive minded player who can tear down the left wing and supply the killer pass to Shearer's noggin to head past the keeper.

So long as this signing means a goal or two then I don't mind. Although knowing Souness there wont be any wingers will there? :lol:

you got it LOL

im just chuffed we have got him,i just think if we have him up fron:

.....................Given.....................

Carr....Boumsong...Taylor...Baba..

..................Parker......................

......Bowyer....Dyer....Emre..........

...........Shearer.....luque................

Subs:harper,ramage,clark,jj,ameobi,milner

Now IMO that is a team that will give manUSA a game at sjp....u agree?

common sense sayss he will play upfront,but souness will play him lw and shearer on his tod,you watch!

18959[/snapback]

I reckon 4-3-3 should be a good experiment:

..............................Given.................................

Carr.........Taylor..........Boumsong..........Babyaro

..............................Parker................................

....................Bowyer.............Emre....................

...........Dyer.....................................Luque........

.............................Shearer...............................

Just a thought... and leaving Jenas out the team it seems.

that looksa cracking formation but it just doesnt seem to be workinging unless shearer has got some next to him playing an oy and out striker position,but still either 1 of them formations would match manusa.

we'll haver to see. i now carnt wait until th manure game! :lol:

you got it LOL

im just chuffed we have got him,i just think if we have him up fron:

.....................Given.....................

Carr....Boumsong...Taylor...Baba..

..................Parker......................

......Bowyer....Dyer....Emre..........

...........Shearer.....luque................

Subs:harper,ramage,clark,jj,ameobi,milner

Now IMO that is a team that will give manUSA a game at sjp....u agree?

18968[/snapback]

On paper yes but unless we actually have a frickin game plan they'll get in eachother's way :lol:

18959[/snapback]

I reckon 4-3-3 should be a good experiment:

..............................Given.................................

Carr.........Taylor..........Boumsong..........Babyaro

..............................Parker................................

....................Bowyer.............Emre....................

...........Dyer.....................................Luque........

.............................Shearer...............................

Just a thought... and leaving Jenas out the team it seems.

18971[/snapback]

Seriously we need a striker. Swap A. Shearer for A. Nother and it would be a damn sight better. Also swapping Baba for Sum Juan Els and (barring any injuries at all) given the right guidance, it could be a cracking little side. :lol:

Emre & Dyer are still injured no matter who we buy.

I have no hope that Luque will be able to fit in immediately with our team.

That said I think Souness will start him regardless to show all and sundry that he was serious when he said he needed more players.

Given

Carr Taylor Boom Baba

Bowyer Parker Faye Luque

Ameobi Shearer

That starting XI does not look like it will be able to do anything against the Red Manc Scum in my opinion. Telling Parker to try to get up into attack more will only make matters worse as will telling Luque in his first game to try to pick out Shearer whenever possible (which Souness is certain to do).

Sorry to rain on everyone's parade lyke.

Great news, its also on UTV teletext page 402. I think he will be an amazing player for us. A player we need badly. But we need a striker too, but it is a good start. He won't be enough for us and on thursday if we only have Luque we won't we happy so lets hope Owen signs or we get a different striker aswell.

As for formation i think:

Given

Carr Boumsong Taylor/Bramble Babayaro

Parker

Dyer Bowyer Luque

Shearer New striker

No place for JJ. Not good enough, cash in now.

u lot are really depressed mentally or something.....like johnyhall was saying..the story is exclusive to sky sports,sothey get it first.the others will have on there headlines in the morning.calm down,luque has signed!

18948[/snapback]

So once again, can someone please tell me why Sky Sports have not deemed their exclusive story worthy of appearing on Sky Sports News or their teletext? It's a simple question! As I've said, I hope it's true but why are they not shouting it from the rooftops if they've got an exclusive?

As others have said recently, skysports.com (or planetfootball.com as the football side of things is known) has recently come out with a lot of stories that simply weren't true.

Sorry for not jumpng for joy just yet it's just that I'm used to our club kicking me in the teeth! :lol:

Edited by Geordiesned

18948[/snapback]

So once again, can someone please tell me why Sky Sports have not deemed their exclusive story worthy of appearing on Sky Sports News or their teletext? It's a simple question! As I've said, I hope it's true but why are they not shouting it from the rooftops if they've got an exclusive?

As others have said recently, skysports.com (or planetfootball.com as the football side of things is known) has recently come out with a lot of stories that simply weren't true.

18987[/snapback]

Perhaps because SSN is pre-recorded and looped overnight?