Holland to ban black post boxes

Jusoda Kid

http://express.lineone.net/news_detail.html?sku=735

Holland to ban the veil

18/11/06

By Marco Giannangell

HOLLAND took a step closer to becoming the first EU country to ban the veil last night.

Proposals to prevent Muslim women wearing the niqab in public places were backed by the cabinet.

If the law is passed, the veil will be outlawed in the street, on trains and buses, and in schools and law courts.

Other face coverings, including helmets with full visors, would also be banned. Ministers were said to have formally approved the plan last night, after an expert committee judged it would be legal.

Civil rights and Muslim groups accused ministers of “over-reacting to a marginal problem”. But immigration minister Rita Verdonk said wearing veils in public is undesirable “for reasons of public order, security and protection of citizens”.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't strictly a religious law either is it?

I saw some muslim women skating at the ice rink in the full garb. They were good skaters as well, but they looked like ninjas the way they were moving. ;)

I'm also of the opinion that other cultures shouldn't be brought into the country. It's becoming a joke that my local chronicle is now being published in polish because of the current influx of poles.

There has to be a third way, shirley. Some of these girls might be red hot tbh. They should be unveiled instantly. Then we could veil a few of the munters who insist on walking round town in next to nowt to make sure the balance is maintained.

What really boils my piss is things like this:

300px800pxsouthallstaticm8.jpg

If you can't read/speak English you shouldn't be here.

I was in Holland last week and everywhere I went there were signs in English as well as Dutch, and the announcements on the trains were all in English. I get what you're saying, but I wouldn't have had a fucking clue what I was doing last week without that.

What really boils my piss is things like this:

300px800pxsouthallstaticm8.jpg

If you can't read/speak English you shouldn't be here.

I was in Holland last week and everywhere I went there were signs in English as well as Dutch, and the announcements on the trains were all in English. I get what you're saying, but I wouldn't have had a fucking clue what I was doing last week without that.

I suppose the counterargument would be that you were a tourist and not a long-term resident.

There has to be a third way, shirley. Some of these girls might be red hot tbh. They should be unveiled instantly. Then we could veil a few of the munters who insist on walking round town in next to nowt to make sure the balance is maintained.

You should run for prime minister with ideas like that Mancy Lad ;)

Skyline's across the north east are starting to look like this

07_N69-36-Dohany-tower.jpg

Imagine the carry on if we started to build church's in Iraq or Afghanistan ;)

what? you mean like this one in Mosul?

churchmosul.jpg

Aye that's more like it jackie lad

http://express.lineone.net/news_detail.html?sku=735

Holland to ban the veil

18/11/06

By Marco Giannangell

HOLLAND took a step closer to becoming the first EU country to ban the veil last night.

Proposals to prevent Muslim women wearing the niqab in public places were backed by the cabinet.

If the law is passed, the veil will be outlawed in the street, on trains and buses, and in schools and law courts.

Other face coverings, including helmets with full visors, would also be banned. Ministers were said to have formally approved the plan last night, after an expert committee judged it would be legal.

Civil rights and Muslim groups accused ministers of “over-reacting to a marginal problem”. But immigration minister Rita Verdonk said wearing veils in public is undesirable “for reasons of public order, security and protection of citizens”.

What a load of bollocks. i thought the dutch were tolerant.

This one time i was in Bradford and i went down a back alley and i was the only white,

Looked like Star Wars,

(thats not racist its a metaphor so fuck off, because if you actaully look at Jawas...)

does this mean you can't wear a balaclava in Holland?

I undestand both sides of the fence here, but have to say that I personally feel utterly unable to get past that barrier.

If a girl is wearing that uniform (for the want of a better word) I wouldn't know how to begin a conversation. it's the same with men who wear strict muslim attire.

It's another way that they segregate themselves from out society and inthat regard I have to agree with some sentiments on here. It's a western country with a western culture, they should bend to it, as we do for their country.

Christians actually fared a lot better under Saddam than many religions, and there's a canny few christian churches over there and christians in government (Saddams foreign minister was christian, for example)

Edited by BlueStar

Christians actually fared a lot better under Saddam than many religions, and there's a canny few christian churches over there and plenty of christians in government (Saddams foreign minister was christian, for example)

Unbelievable

1968_001_enoch.jpg