Films on TV

Happy Face

Wild at Heart is pretty straightforward too like.

Well until the next series when a radioactive falling asteroid causes a bush fire, mutant flesh eating wildebeest and the bint off Coronation Streets hairstyle to finally develop sentience and secretly clone Amanda Holden anyway, causing Stephen Tompkinson to use his patented "straining on the toilet" face for an exciting 7 times in one episode. :nufc:

Edited by Fop

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well until the next series when a radioactive falling asteroid causes a bush fire, mutant flesh eating wildebeest and the bint off Coronation Streets hairstyle to finally develop sentience and secretly clone Amanda Holden anyway, causing Stephen Tompkinson to use his patented "straining on the toilet" face for an exciting 7 times in one episode. :fool:

Don't tell me, your lass makes you watch it :nufc: Never seen it but I was gutted once when I was scanning through the paper and thought for a second it was the film.

MONDAY 31ST MARCH

THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS 10pm ITV2

Frightening

TUESDAY 1ST APRIL

CONAN THE BARBARIAN 11pm ITV4

None of the Conan's were as good as Red Sonja, but worth a watch.

WEDNESDAY 2ND APRIL

TRUE ROMANCE 10pm five

Basically a remake of Badlands. Excellent too.

SIN CITY 10pm BBC3

Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller's adapt the latters comic to perfection.

Well until the next series when a radioactive falling asteroid causes a bush fire, mutant flesh eating wildebeest and the bint off Coronation Streets hairstyle to finally develop sentience and secretly clone Amanda Holden anyway, causing Stephen Tompkinson to use his patented "straining on the toilet" face for an exciting 7 times in one episode. :fool:

Don't tell me, your lass makes you watch it :nufc: Never seen it but I was gutted once when I was scanning through the paper and thought for a second it was the film.

It's appalling, the only sane explanation is that it is a clever spoof of itself (or that it is in fact a very, very obscure attempt to elicit audience participation in TV listings. :blush:)

We were channel-hopping late last night and caught a few minutes of "Happiness". Fella turns to me with this look on his face and simply asks "You bought the DVD of this, didn't you?".

I came.

It's appalling, the only sane explanation is that it is a clever spoof of itself (or that it is in fact a very, very obscure attempt to elicit audience participation in TV listings. :blush:)

It's obvious to me you love it.

We were channel-hopping late last night and caught a few minutes of "Happiness". Fella turns to me with this look on his face and simply asks "You bought the DVD of this, didn't you?".

I came.

Pardon? :nufc:

Class film btw.

I came.

You should have put on some brown underpants, picked up your acoustic and sang "you light up my life" to him in a heavy Russian accent.

Well until the next series when a radioactive falling asteroid causes a bush fire, mutant flesh eating wildebeest and the bint off Coronation Streets hairstyle to finally develop sentience and secretly clone Amanda Holden anyway, causing Stephen Tompkinson to use his patented "straining on the toilet" face for an exciting 7 times in one episode. :blush:

Don't tell me, your lass makes you watch it :fool: Never seen it but I was gutted once when I was scanning through the paper and thought for a second it was the film.

It's appalling, the only sane explanation is that it is a clever spoof of itself (or that it is in fact a very, very obscure attempt to elicit audience participation in TV listings. :lol:)

It's true. :nufc::nufc:

Well until the next series when a radioactive falling asteroid causes a bush fire, mutant flesh eating wildebeest and the bint off Coronation Streets hairstyle to finally develop sentience and secretly clone Amanda Holden anyway, causing Stephen Tompkinson to use his patented "straining on the toilet" face for an exciting 7 times in one episode. :blush:

Don't tell me, your lass makes you watch it :fool: Never seen it but I was gutted once when I was scanning through the paper and thought for a second it was the film.

It's appalling, the only sane explanation is that it is a clever spoof of itself (or that it is in fact a very, very obscure attempt to elicit audience participation in TV listings. :lol:)

It's true. :nufc::nufc:

It looks absolutely shit on the trailers like. ITV-tastic.

FRIDAY 28TH MARCH

THE ELEPHANT MAN 11.10pm ITV3

David Lynch's most straightforward accesible film is the true story of John Merrick.

this definitely isn't true. Straight Story has to be his most straight forward and accesible film.

still it's brilliant.

It's debateable. They're both true stories told without abstraction. I think you've been taken in by the title of The Straight Story a bit too much.

i think The Elephant Man is way more abstract than The Straight Story.

i don't think the Straight Story has anything of those lucid, elephant rape scenes in The Elephant Man.

and Lynch is great.

Sin City on BBC3 now.

I know the cartoon / graphic novel or whatever probably contained the same corny language and ridiculously OTT violence etc. but that doesn't alter, for me, that's it's just a film full of very corny lines and completely silly bits of violence. I didn't mind the violence that much though.

Edited by alex

Sin City on BBC3 now.

I know the cartoon / graphic novel or whatever probably contained the same corny language and ridiculously OTT violence etc. but that doesn't alter, for me, that's it's just a film full of very corny lines and completely silly bits of violence. I didn't mind the violence that much though.

I know it makes no difference if you're bored rigid, but it looks fantastic, a real groundbreaking film if you ask me. Laid down a new template mimicked (unfortunately) by the likes of Beowulf and 300 that will be continue to be used for years.

Sin City on BBC3 now.

I know it makes no difference if you're bored rigid, but it looks fantastic, a real groundbreaking film if you ask me. Laid down a new template mimicked (unfortunately) by the likes of Beowulf and 300 that will be continue to be used for years.

That's what made it watchable for me. And the blart. I haven't seen Beowulf but I'm not particularly interested and I think you know I share your feelings on 300. I know a lad who thinks 300 and Transformers are the best two films in recent years. I couldn't manage more than about half an hour of the latter. The acting man, especially the main lass in it. Fucking hell :)

Sin City on BBC3 now.

That's what made it watchable for me. And the blart. I haven't seen Beowulf but I'm not particularly interested and I think you know I share your feelings on 300. I know a lad who thinks 300 and Transformers are the best two films in recent years. I couldn't manage more than about half an hour of the latter. The acting man, especially the main lass in it. Fucking hell :)

Transformers was only meant to be a nostalgia fest anyway rather than a serious film. Or at least that's how I viewed it, I quite enjoyed it. Especially the bit where he rings an Indian call centre (as I saw it in Bangalore!). I thought the special effects were fantastic, but your mate wants his head read.

I didn't think it was meant to be serious or anything really. I love daft movies but I just thought it was shit. The special effects were good but they're good in virtually every Hollywood blockbuster anyway.

I couldn't tell if the effects were good or not. I couldn't make anything out. As soon as I started to focus on what they'd just cut to, they cut to something else within a second.

Edited by Happy Face

I didn't think it was meant to be serious or anything really. I love daft movies but I just thought it was shit. The special effects were good but they're good in virtually every Hollywood blockbuster anyway.

True enough. It was as corny as hell and if I didn't like Transformers as a child I probably would have hated it. God knows what John Turturro was doing in it. Maybe he liked Transformers too, although he would have been a bit old.

True enough. It was as corny as hell and if I didn't like Transformers as a child I probably would have hated it. God knows what John Turturro was doing in it. Maybe he liked Transformers too, although he would have been a bit old.

Laughing all the way to the bank I reckon. Forgot he was in it actually. I was surprised when I saw him in it too.

Laughing all the way to the bank I reckon. Forgot he was in it actually. I was surprised when I saw him in it too.

He'd written, directed and produced his own film Romance and Cigarettes. I think he was looking for a high paying small part so he could finance distribution himself too.

He'd written, directed and produced his own film Romance and Cigarettes. I think he was looking for a high paying small part so he could finance distribution himself too.

That's fair enough like. In fact, it's fair enough if he was just doing it for the money regardless. 99% if us would do exactly the same.