Films on TV

Happy Face

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really liked Sypathy for Lady Vengeance.

Shame I didn't see this thread earlier, I'd have liked to watch Bad Lieutenant.

Just for you Barney, I've arranged another showing....

FRIDAY 28TH MAY

BAD LIEUTENANT 11.25pm Film4

:wub:

• 2 weeks later...

SATURDAY 5TH JUNE

SOMERS TOWN 11.45pm BBC2

A ROOM FOR ROMEO BRASS 1.05am BBC2

This shane meadows double bill isn't showing up in my tv listings but it says it's on on a few websites. If anyone knows when they're on I'd appreciate it.

SATURDAY 5TH JUNE

SOMERS TOWN 11.45pm BBC2

A ROOM FOR ROMEO BRASS 1.05am BBC2

This shane meadows double bill isn't showing up in my tv listings but it says it's on on a few websites. If anyone knows when they're on I'd appreciate it.

"Somers Town and A Room For Romeo Brass have been dropped from the schedule and will be shown at a later date."

http://faq.external.bbc.co.uk/questions/te...rc=interstitial

For I'm In A Sodding Rock And Roll Band?

;)

I really liked Sypathy for Lady Vengeance.

Shame I didn't see this thread earlier, I'd have liked to watch Bad Lieutenant.

Just for you Barney, I've arranged another showing....

FRIDAY 28TH MAY

BAD LIEUTENANT 11.25pm Film4

:angry:

Can you give me a heads-up the next time they're showing Control? I missed it last time.

• 1 month later...

I don't think there's a film musical I like (EDIT: Other than South Park). Gloomy-as-sin stage stuff like Les Mis is a different matter though. You've got to love a bunch of suicidal Frenchmen.

Edited by Meenzer

I don't think there's a film musical I like (EDIT: Other than South Park). Gloomy-as-sin stage stuff like Les Mis is a different matter though. You've got to love a bunch of suicidal Frenchmen.

Coming soon on DVD

"les Bleus World Cup 2010"

(parental advisory)

• 3 months later...

Tuesday 10pm on more for

The premier of Tyson, which I believe has been discussed at length on these boards.

"James Toback directs this fascinating documentary about one of America’s most controversial boxing stars, mixing newsreels and shots of his fights with a narration from Mike Tyson himself, he shows how he went from growing up in Brooklyn to worldwide superstar to his downfall. Open and honest, this warts and all film is brilliantly handled by a director who really understands his subject. More than just a boxing film."

• 1 month later...

Resurrected for christmas.....

WEDNESDAY 22ND DECEMBER

BBC1

HERBIE: FULLY LOADED 3.40pm - The Lindsey Lohan one

BBC2

THE CARDINAL 10.15am - Otto Preminger film

THE OTHER BOLEYN GIRL 9pm - Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johansson :nah:

BBC3

ARMAGEDDON 8pm - Michael Bay bollocks

ITV1

BATMAN BEGINS 10.35pm - First of Christopher Nolan's retooled franchise with Christian Bale

ITV2

THE ILLUSIONIST 9pm - Ed Norton does his Paul Daniels bit

THE FUGITIVE 11.15pm - Classic Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones film.

ITV3

CARRY ON CLEO 3.20pm - Kyaa Kyaa!

THE ICE HARVEST 11.40pm - John Cusack and Billy Bob Thornton in a christmas film by Harold Ramis (Ghostbusters). Can't be bad.

ITV4

JAWS 3 9pm - :lol:

BARB WIRE 11.30pm - Pamela Anderson film panned by everyone

CHANNEL 4

BARNYARD 12.45pm - CGI animation with the voices of Kevin James, Courtney Cox and Sam Elliott)

HONEY, I SHRUNK THE KIDS 2.25pm - Whatever happened to Rick Moranis?

CANDY 2.05am - Bleak Aussie drama with Heath Ledger

MORE4

BILLY ROSE’S JUMBO 10.50am - Doris Day tries to keep an Elephant in her circus

FILM4

THE WOODLANDERS 11am - Based on the Thomas Hardy novel.

MONTE CARLO OR BUST 12.50pm - Sequel to Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines. Tony Curtis, Peter Cook and Dudley Moore play the leads.

THE COLDITZ STORY 3.15pm - John Mills leads a group of escapees, proper stiff upper lip, boys own stuff.

MEMOIRS OF AN INVISIBLE MAN 5.10pm - John Carpenter can't do comedy...neither can Chevy Chase tttt.

THE SEEKER: THE DARK IS RISING 7.05pm - Family fantasy adventure. Shit though.

THE OTHERS 9pm - Nicole Kidman ghost story.

INTO THE WILD 11pm - Written and directed by Sean Penn. Won lots of awards.

THE DISAPPEARED 1.50pm - British ghost story with Harry Treadaway

FIVER

BABY GENIUSES 1.05pm - Regarded as one of the worst films ever made. Might be worth a look for kitsch value.

THE ADVENTURES OF BARON MUNCHAUSEN 3pm - Some people like erry Gilliam. I don't.

THURSDAY 23RD DECEMBER

BBC1

THE SANTA CLAUSE 11.30am - Tim Allen becomes Santa

SHREK 2.25pm - Modern fairy tale, with jokes for grown ups.

THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE 3.50pm - Modern version of the CS Lewis book.

SURVIVING CHRISTMAS 11.05pm - Horrible Ben Affleck and James Gandolfini mess.

BBC2

BORN YESTERDAY 10.15am - Classic comedy well worth watching.

ON MOONLIGHT BAY 11.55am - Doris Day musical love story. The Beatles sang the title track when they appeared on Morecambe and Wise.

MACKENNA’S GOLD 3.10pm Gregory Peck and Omar Sharif western.

ITV1

JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR 11.50pm - Lavish Andrew lloyd Weber musical.

LORENZO’S OIL 1.45am Weepy true story to tape for the missus and keep her happy while you're at the football on Sunday.

ITV2

EVAN ALMIGHTY 7pm - Jim Carrey bollocks.

ITV3

CARRY ON JACK 3.30pm - Kyaa Kyaa!

TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD 12.10am - Gregory Peck classic. Top stuff

ITV4

IN ENEMY COUNTRY 7.55pm World War 2 blokes film.

LETHAL WEAPON 3 10pm

TANGO AND CASH 12.25am

- What a double bill....or watch the good first film and go to bed without watching the shitter second one.

CHANNEL 4

DOCTOR DOLITTLE 3 12.35pm - If only Eddie Murphy had died around the same age as Bill Hicks.

MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET 2.20pm - Loads of version of this classic. This is an old one with a very young Natalie Wood.

LANTANA 1.25pm Aussie drama

BOY ON A DOLPHIN 3.25am Sophia Loren :nah:

MORE4

CHALLENGE TO LASSIE 11.50am - What's that Lassie? You can't talk? Here's some pedigree chum then.

FILM4

MOGAMBO 11am - John Ford film starring Clark Gable. you can't beat an oldie at Christmas.

CARRY ON ABROAD 1.15pm - Kyaa Kyaa!

DECK THE HALLS 3pm - Mathew Broderick and Danny Devito film. Remember that ITV show with Robson Green where he wanted the best lights? It's the same story but far far worse. Grotesque.

ICE AGE 2: THE MELTDOWN 4.45pm - Remember when animated film was an artform? When Salvador Dali was desparate to work with Walt Disney? This is what it's become for the most part. Putting talking animals out of their comfort zone

MASTER AND COMMANDER: THE FAR SIDE OF THE WORLD 6.25pm - One for the boys. Epic sea battles and that.

JUNO 9pm - I enjoyed it. Despite the fact I hate that lass. Hated her in Hard Candy too. I hate any smart arse kids who talk like they're reading from a book of witty retorts. It's why I hated Brick too. I hate the lad in that as much as I hate the bint in this. Both try way too hard. Not like Michael Cera, he's brilliant, a master of the understated, inarticulate and quietly hilarious.

THE CONVERSATION 10.50pm - One of the all-time great American films. Where your average man on the street knows that The Godfather(s) and Apocalypse now are works of genius, fewer people would mention this other Francis Ford Copolla masterpiece.

SILENT LIGHT 1am - Mexican film about a married man struggling with his conscience during an affair his wife tolerates. It's REALLY slow. Like 9 minute long shots of a tree slow. I loved it. :lol: Seriously.

CHANNEL FIVE

THE CANNONBALL RUN II 2.55pm - If it was part one I might say it's watchable.

300 9pm - Unimaginably gash sequence of fight scenes. Fans of homoeroticism will enjoy though.

FIVE USA

THE ADVENTURES OF BARON MUNCHAUSEN 12.30pm - 2 days running? Jesus wept!

STAND BY ME 3.50pm - We all know and love it. 4 kids go on an adventure to find a dead body and do some growing up along the way.

Edited by Happy Face

fuck me thats a pretty impressive list :lol:

Wouldnt have had time to do that if you'd been weighed down in the polotics thread :nah:

I love debating the merits of holed mints. :angry2:

Some cracking films - The Others , love a ghost story at Christmas.

fuck me thats a pretty impressive list :lol:

Wouldnt have had time to do that if you'd been weighed down in the polotics thread :nah:

Rang in sick today :angry2:

Proper man flu.

Plenty of time to get my red biro out and circle stuff in the bumper christmas radio times.