Films on TV

Happy Face

It's a class film and Kate Winslet and Jim Carey are both fantastic in it imo. You've summed it up beautifully HF. It does get better the more you watch it too. It has a poetic beauty and you can totally lose yourself in it. That's what I reckon anyway.

Maybe im just dead inside? :doh:

Or perhaps you just don't think like a big girl. :lol:

"Are you courting yet Ewerk?"

"Euugh, no way, girls smell :puke: , now where's me catapult"

I didn't get a chance to watch your shit film last night because I was out, WITH A GIRL!!!! <_<<_<

I've Sky+'d it so I'll watch it tonight and decide whether it's an up-lifting, beautiful poem or still a pile of steaming averageness. <_<

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Expectations (the David Lean version) was on earlier. Class film and one of the best openings to a film I can think of (which I missed this time) with Magwitch on the marshes. Quality.

Great Expectations (the David Lean version) was on earlier. Class film and one of the best openings to a film I can think of (which I missed this time) with Magwitch on the marshes. Quality.

Rentaghost ?

:baby:

Rentaghost ?

Now disbanded I believe. Miss Popoff has a hairdressers in Coronation Street now.

Edited by alex

Rentaghost ?

Now disbanded I believe. Miss Popoff has a hairdressers in Coronation Street now.

And Timothy Claypole and Mr Meaker are dead !

Rentaghost ?

Are they? I used to love that show btw.

Rentaghost ?

Are they? I used to love that show btw.

Me too, they don't make kids programmes like that any more, some of the shit my kids sit through is incredible.

SATURDAY 28TH JULY

THE 39 STEPS 1.15pm BBC2

Classic Hitchcock without adverts :unsure: . The lead reminded me of Rodney Bewes.

THE LADY VANISHES 2.40pm BBC2

Classic Hitchcock without adverts :( . Never seen it.

RIO BRAVO 3.55pm ITV3

Howard Hawks Western with John Wayne, Dean Martin and Ricky Nelson. Sounds awful when you put it like that, but it's a class film with the definitive performance of a gnarled old man by Walter Brennan

OLIVER TWIST 5.05pm Film4

David Lean's version, goes to show a remake can be brilliant.

JAWS 8.45pm ITV1

HTT's got the popcorn ready.

LOST IN TRANSLATION 9pm Film4

Very good.

TONY TAKITANI 2.25am Film4

Tony is lonely so he gets married. His wife likes to shop. He doesn't appreciate it. He's left lonely.

NOTHING ELSE HAPPENS!

Very slow indeed.

I enjoyed it.

SUNDAY 29TH JULY

CHARLIE’S ANGELS 8pm five

Superb film

MONDAY 30TH JULY

NAPOLEON DYNAMITE 9pm Film4

Canny funny like.

THE BIG RED ONE 11.25pm BBC1

I want to see this. Need to get Sky+ in I think

PERSONA 2.25am Film4

Ingmar Bergman masterpiece. Proper head fuck.

WEDNESDAY 1ST AUGUST

ENRON: THE SMARTEST GUYS IN THE ROOM 10pm More4

I never really followed the story at the time but I was shocked at how it all happened. The fact that they were turning off power in Calafornia to drive up their stock price and people were put in danger as a result was disgusting. Strongly recommended.

THE DEATH OF MR LAZARESCU 12.55am Film4

This has had rave reviews all over the shop and I was looking forward to it. I knew it was about a dying man's wait for treatment in the Romanian health service (which sounds very boring) but reviews were so positive I thought it must have something about it. It didn't. I was bored out of my tiny little mind for two and a half hours. The odd shocking moment towards the end wasn't enough to drag me out of my stupour. The entire nursing population of Romania are absoloutley stunning like, and the eye candy held my attention until the end but I really can't see why this was voted world film of the year by BBC4.

THURSDAY 2ND AUGUST

LOST IN TRANSLATION 9pm Film4

Again? It's canny, but howay.

TRANSFORMERS - THE MOVIE 10pm ITV4

:lol:

Orson Welles, Leonard Nimoy and Eric Idle star

FRIDAY 3RD AUGUST

THE MAN WHO WOULD BE KING 6.30pm Film4

Michael Caine and Sean Connery, two of the most annoying men ever.

Edited by Happy Face

Shit.

I didn't include Don't Look Back.

It's on More4 right now.

The finest profile of a musical artiste at a pivotal moment in time ever commited to celluloid.

Put it on, you've only missed 20 minutes.

The brilliant 'Spirit of the Beehive' was on BBC4 last neet. Bit late now like.

I've got that on DVD and I just can't get into it. I've watched the first ten or fifteen minutes about four times but I keep falling alseep. Mind you it doesn't help when I always seem to be sticking it one at about half ten!

The brilliant 'Spirit of the Beehive' was on BBC4 last neet. Bit late now like.

I've got that on DVD and I just can't get into it. I've watched the first ten or fifteen minutes about four times but I keep falling alseep. Mind you it doesn't help when I always seem to be sticking it one at about half ten!

Worth having another go. It's class imo.

Oh I definitely will but I think I need to make sure it's when I have some time to sit and watch it properly when I'm not on the verge of nodding off.

Aye well, it's quite slow, but it's very atmsopheric and it's beautifully shot. I meant to tell Happy Face to watch it but I forgot as I think he'd love it. Me, Patrockles and someone else were on about it a while ago on here.

Oh I definitely will but I think I need to make sure it's when I have some time to sit and watch it properly when I'm not on the verge of nodding off.

Aye well, it's quite slow, but it's very atmsopheric and it's beautifully shot. I meant to tell Happy Face to watch it but I forgot as I think he'd love it. Me, Patrockles and someone else were on about it a while ago on here.

I got a hold of it on your recommendations tbh but as I say I've just been struggling to get through it. Although after watching Tokyo Story (which is also very slow and lacking in anything aproaching action) last night I feel a bit better about trying again.

I'm also having the same problem with an Indian film called Pather Panchali which also comes very highly recommended.

SATURDAY 4TH AUGUST

THE RED SHOES 2.25pm BBC2

I ordered this from HMV ages ago. At least a month. :lol:

GROUNDHOG DAY 8pm ITV2

A very very very funny film.

SUNDAY 5TH AUGUST

PRINCESS MONONOKE 4.30pm Film4

Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli’s breakthrough film in these parts. It looks very nice.

JAWS 9.30pm ITV3

Duuuuuuuuuur Dum!

MONDAY 6TH AUGUST

MISERY 11pm five

Cocka doodee quality film

TUESDAY 7TH AUGUST

JUNGLE FEVER 1am Film4

Spike Lee in race based film shocker. It's good like.

Shit week.

Looks like a canny documentary starting on BBC2 right now

TV Junkie

Documentary about drug addiction. When he got a camera at the age of 14, Rick Kirkham began recording his life on tape. After breaking into TV, he rose from local news to a job as correspondent for the daredevil magazine show Inside Edition. But despite his wish to be a devoted father and husband, he succumbed to drugs and despair. This film is a journey into the heart an mind of a drug addict, capturing Rick's fight for survival with unprecedented immediacy

Looks like a canny documentary starting on BBC2 right now

TV Junkie

Documentary about drug addiction. When he got a camera at the age of 14, Rick Kirkham began recording his life on tape. After breaking into TV, he rose from local news to a job as correspondent for the daredevil magazine show Inside Edition. But despite his wish to be a devoted father and husband, he succumbed to drugs and despair. This film is a journey into the heart an mind of a drug addict, capturing Rick's fight for survival with unprecedented immediacy

Well that was tough to watch.

His kids are going to be fucked up.