Films on TV

Happy Face

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, who's up for getting a Toontastic team together to support Radgina? :naughty:

I reckon I could probably take all of yous on by myself tbh.

Meezer and Steve will tell you that I'm the Queen of Completely Fucking Useless Information when it comes to pub quizzes :lol:

Okay, who's up for getting a Toontastic team together to support Radgina? :naughty:

Meezer and Steve will tell you that I'm the Queen of Completely Fucking Useless Information when it comes to pub quizzes :lol:

Are you sure they weren't just calling you useless?

;)

Meezer and Steve will tell you that I'm the Queen of Completely Fucking Useless Information when it comes to pub quizzes ;)

:razz:

:lol:

ADAPTATION 9pm Five US

The best film made about screenwriting. Starts as an intelligent story about 2 brothers who write for the silver screen, one strives for integrity, the other follows trends desparately chasing a dumber and dumber audience. The jokes about the dumb brother's concepts are brilliantly on the nail. As it gets to the end though, the film (intentionally) takes a turn towards the conventional. An unreasonably exciting last third involving sex, drugs, car chases and death is a nod towards Hollywood studio's insistence on 'fixing' a script, to the hack brother's burgeoning influence on his excessively 'artsy' brother and how much worse these copout films where the constraints of reality aren't considered in making it 'exciting' which drains any sense of tension whatsoever.

ADAPTATION 9pm Five US

The best film made about screenwriting. Starts as an intelligent story about 2 brothers who write for the silver screen, one strives for integrity, the other follows trends desparately chasing a dumber and dumber audience. The jokes about the dumb brother's concepts are brilliantly on the nail. As it gets to the end though, the film (intentionally) takes a turn towards the conventional. An unreasonably exciting last third involving sex, drugs, car chases and death is a nod towards Hollywood studio's insistence on 'fixing' a script, to the hack brother's burgeoning influence on his excessively 'artsy' brother and how much worse these copout films where the constraints of reality aren't considered in making it 'exciting' which drains any sense of tension whatsoever.

How exactly can I get that channel then?

ADAPTATION 9pm Five US

It's a free channel

ADAPTATION 9pm Five US

You got Sky? channel 207

Or cable? channel 185

ADAPTATION 9pm Five US

You got Sky? channel 207

Or cable? channel 185

Cheers dude.

ADAPTATION 9pm Five US

You got Sky? channel 207

Or cable? channel 185

35 on Freeview (for completeness)

DRAGNET 3.15pm ITV1 - Hilarious stuff.

LOST HIGHWAY 2.10am Channel 4 - Parky says Lynch is the only true genius working in Hollywood. Watch this to find out if he's right.

Fuck, when was that on? Really interested to see this after watching Mulholland Drive. Lynch's new one (INLAND EMPIRE) is supposed to be really good.

NEW YORK, NEW YORK 2pm ITV3

Martin Scorsese's underrated gem. I say that, but I wouldn't have a clue having never seen it. But I've got Bobby De Niro's Blue Moon on my ipod and it's fantastic. Course, if you've got any sense you'll be at the match, but get sky+ on the job and you'll be sorted for some hangover viewing in the morning.

FORREST GUMP 9pm FILM4

The player hater's will tell you it's shite but as much as it should never have beaten Pulp Fiction to best film, it's still a fantastic film. Nowt like a high achieving simpleton to evoke good feelings within.

FORREST GUMP 9pm FILM4

The player hater's will tell you it's shite but as much as it should never have beaten Pulp Fiction to best film, it's still a fantastic film. Nowt like a high achieving simpleton to evoke good feelings within.

A great film in my opinion, but wasn't Shawshank Redemption also in the Oscar running that year too ?

FORREST GUMP 9pm FILM4

A great film in my opinion, but wasn't Shawshank Redemption also in the Oscar running that year too ?

Aye.

But Pulp Fiction is better

FORREST GUMP 9pm FILM4

Aye.

But Pulp Fiction is better

Shawshank is the poorman's Midnight Express.

I,robot on channel 4 tonight,

was alright from what I remember of it

I enjoyed it more than I expected.