Martins.

menace13

I agree. He did pretty much everything but score. Very clever finish, when the goal should have counted - highlighted an unfortunate afternoon. Went on a great run which lead to the goal, had a great turn and shot, and showed all round great control. I'm confident he'll come good. No doubt there will be people who will find very small things about him to criticise and doubt he's much good etc.

Agreed, I think he's been looking better and better with every passing game, he's growing more and more used to the premiership and will soon be knocking them in soon.

Thought he was quality, Shevchenko on the other hand was utter dogshit for Chelsea today!

I know who I'd rather have out of the two.

Thought he was quality, Shevchenko on the other hand was utter dogshit for Chelsea today!

And that would be..........

Oba

And that would be..........

Oba

:calmdown:

Needs time to adjust to the PL i reckon, Imean it's not like Shevchenko is banging them and we all know he's a class act

Looks like he's starting to adjust, he was great today.

I really hope you are talking about Martins :calmdown:

I think Martins is starting to look a bit more gutsy. He's getting himself involved more, and was getting stuck in today. Their defenders were a lot bigger, but he didn't seem phased by it.

Very unlucky to have that goal ruled offside. Personally I didn't think it was in a million years, but I've not seen it back on TV yet.

I think Martins is starting to look a bit more gutsy. He's getting himself involved more, and was getting stuck in today. Their defenders were a lot bigger, but he didn't seem phased by it.

Very unlucky to have that goal ruled offside. Personally I didn't think it was in a million years, but I've not seen it back on TV yet.

It was onside, but it was one of many crap decisions on the day which we managed to get past to get a deserved win.

Martins is definitely getting better with time here, as would be expected takign time to adjust to the premiership as well as having been playing in an out of form team who have not played to his strengths at all.

In the first half he out jumped/out fought their centrebacks to win the ball and he's just looking alot better and more confident all round.

Unfortunately for him and us he wrongly had a goal ruled out.

But the main difference in the team is Dyer by a mile. The Dyer haters can continue to hate him all they like but just watch the team with him and without and there is no comparison, nearly everything good we did involved him and if he stays fit he'll see us climbing up the table, because lets be honest the prem is now utter dogshite when you consider what position that Portsmouth team currently occupy!

what was with the 7.40 minute added time!

Well, it was announced 5 minutes stoppage time... we played almost 2 then Zoggy got injured, was down for treatment for about 2mins 10 secs... then Luque came on, so that's 30secs extra because of a substitution.

Lots of added time for Pompey's timewasting before we scored.

Oba 'the leap' Martins. Crikey, he can't half jump high for a 28 year old.

Maybe he is really 28, and 6 foot 3!