Scott Parker

Sima

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

huh? what's that about Emre? He's not shit? Fancy that. :calmdown:

Played well for an hour.... I'm happy to give him a chance alongside Butt, but don't think it will ever happen in the league, unless Parker has a lengthy injury, which I wouldn't want.

huh? what's that about Emre? He's not shit? Fancy that. :calmdown:

He needs to get a fucking shave though.

He needs to HAVE a fucking shave though :nufc:

GODDAMN FREAKIN' AMERICANISMS MAKE ME SO DARN PISSED!!!! YEE HAAAWWW!! :D:(:D

Nicky Butt outperformed you (like he usually does) AGAIN today.

Have the rest of the season on the bench, you're shit.

disgracefull comment tbh!!

Parker didn't have a great game yesterday and went off injured, very good player who gives us everything he's got and then some most of the time and imo our joint best player with Given atm!!

I reckon Butt and Emre is a better combination than Emre and Parker. Simple as. Same could probably be said for Butt and Parker at a guess.

Emre looked vastly improved yesterday, especially in the second half when even some set pieces found its man. He far more useful in a slightly more advanced role.

I still think Butt and Parker or Butt and Dyer would offer us even more, though.

Aye, Butt and Dyer is a good shout, especially at home with Martins and Sibierski up front.

We look a total different team with Dyer. He is at least trying to create things and take the game forward. His pass to Martins for the goal that was(n't) offside was brilliant and something you normally would like to see from "creative" midfielders like Emre more regularly.

Edited by Isegrim

At the time I thought there was something weird when James saved from Emre in the second half, and it didn't occur to me what it was until I watched it on MOTD last night. Basically it was just the fact that Emre was beyond the penalty spot having a shot. I can't remember having ever seen him that far up the pitch before.

Nicky Butt outperformed you (like he usually does) AGAIN today.

Have the rest of the season on the bench, you're shit.

disgracefull comment tbh!!

Parker didn't have a great game yesterday and went off injured, very good player who gives us everything he's got and then some most of the time and imo our joint best player with Given atm!!

People seem to mistake giving everything for class.

TBF Emre was shit on Thursday alongside Butt so you can't say that it's Parker making him struggle.

Emre only plays well when he pushes forward and he should be able to that with Parker or Butt.

Personally I would go with Parker and Dyer. I think Parker is a better player than Butt although Butt is doing very well at the moment.

TBF Emre was shit on Thursday alongside Butt so you can't say that it's Parker making him struggle.

Emre only plays well when he pushes forward and he should be able to that with Parker or Butt.

Personally I would go with Parker and Dyer. I think Parker is a better player than Butt although Butt is doing very well at the moment.

Agreed.

One game later, Emre is suddenly amazing, and Parker is suddenly shit. Laughable :calmdown:

Not sure anyone's really saying that to be fair.

Well most people on here are saying that Emre should play and Parker shouldn't. Look back a couple of weeks and everyone was saying the opposite.

Fickle is the word isn't it? In the same way that Dyer was a figure for hatred on here only a few weeks back?

Well most people on here are saying that Emre should play and Parker shouldn't. Look back a couple of weeks and everyone was saying the opposite.

Fickle is the word isn't it? In the same way that Dyer was a figure for hatred on here only a few weeks back?

I must have misread most of the thread then. Where is the majority who did say it here? Where are the fickle ones?

Or it could be that they hadn't seen Emre turn in a performance where he was regularly getting into advanced positions? Something as simple as that.

I suspect Dyer remains a figure of hatred amongst those that hated him a few weeks back an'all.

Or it could be that they hadn't seen Emre turn in a performance where he was regularly getting into advanced positions? Something as simple as that.

I suspect Dyer remains a figure of hatred amongst those that hated him a few weeks back an'all.

Isn't that the point? He's done it in ONE game. Maybe, just maybe, it was nothing to do with Butt or Parker, but to do with what the manager asked him to do? Or perhaps for once in his short Newcastle career he actually played to his potential?

Isegrim, are you telling me that people on this thread aren't actually saying don't play Parker? :calmdown:

Isegrim, are you telling me that people on this thread aren't actually saying don't play Parker? :calmdown:

Some are. But most importantly most don't chose Emre over Parker as you imply. In fact only Mark and O-Nut really do. So I don't see who you really accuse of being fickle. Most of the others are just saying they prefer Butt in the holding position with different combinations - like Butt/Parker or Butt/Dyer. Apart of Crapokles I don't really see anyone bumming Emre over here.

Edited by Isegrim