Scott Parker

Sima

Not sure anyone's really saying that to be fair.

Well most people on here are saying that Emre should play and Parker shouldn't. Look back a couple of weeks and everyone was saying the opposite.

Fickle is the word isn't it? In the same way that Dyer was a figure for hatred on here only a few weeks back?

Or it could be that they hadn't seen Emre turn in a performance where he was regularly getting into advanced positions? Something as simple as that.

I suspect Dyer remains a figure of hatred amongst those that hated him a few weeks back an'all.

Isn't that the point? He's done it in ONE game. Maybe, just maybe, it was nothing to do with Butt or Parker, but to do with what the manager asked him to do? Or perhaps for once in his short Newcastle career he actually played to his potential?

Isegrim, are you telling me that people on this thread aren't actually saying don't play Parker? :calmdown:

Maybe it is because that's what the manager asked him to do, but the point is that alongside Parker the manager can't ask that of him without asking Parker to be strictly defensive, which he won't do. Which is why people are suggesting that maybe Butt/Emre works better than Parker/Emre. Which you dismiss as laughable when to me it seems common sense.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well most people on here are saying that Emre should play and Parker shouldn't. Look back a couple of weeks and everyone was saying the opposite.

Fickle is the word isn't it? In the same way that Dyer was a figure for hatred on here only a few weeks back?

Or it could be that they hadn't seen Emre turn in a performance where he was regularly getting into advanced positions? Something as simple as that.

I suspect Dyer remains a figure of hatred amongst those that hated him a few weeks back an'all.

Isn't that the point? He's done it in ONE game. Maybe, just maybe, it was nothing to do with Butt or Parker, but to do with what the manager asked him to do? Or perhaps for once in his short Newcastle career he actually played to his potential?

Isegrim, are you telling me that people on this thread aren't actually saying don't play Parker? :calmdown:

Maybe it is because that's what the manager asked him to do, but the point is that alongside Parker the manager can't ask that of him without asking Parker to be strictly defensive, which he won't do. Which is why people are suggesting that maybe Butt/Emre works better than Parker/Emre. Which you dismiss as laughable when to me it seems common sense.

Read the first post for the laughable comment...

Read the first post for the laughable comment...

"Emre is suddenly amazing and Parker is suddenly shit. Laughable."

Your words. But nothing like what the vast majority in the thread have said.

Which is why I asked if we had seen Parker/Butt together this season?

Parker maybe doesn't play the holding/killer midfielder as well as Butt (who isn't the greatest at it, let's not forget - though is the best at NUFC) and if Parker was playing infront of Butt he could possibly be just as good as Emre when the Turk is playing in front of Butt.

Maybe, but imo, Emre is the more skilful player and has a much better shot. Emre's more likely to ride through a few tackles in midfield and have a shot/thread a throughball than Parker.

Highly hypothetical IMHO.

Guest Patrokles

Some are. But most importantly most don't chose Emre over Parker as you imply. In fact only Mark and O-Nut really do. So I don't see who you really accuse of being fickle. Most of the others are just saying they prefer Butt in the holding position with different combinations - like Butt/Parker or Butt/Dyer. Apart of Crapokles I don't really see anyone bumming Emre over here.

Yet again you resort to petty name-calling because I have an opinion that I've stuck to throughout the season that differs to your own. Grow up!

Yet again you resort to petty name-calling because I have an opinion that I've stuck to throughout the season that differs to your own. Grow up!

Should have told him to shut his trapokles tbh.

Emre's more likely to bottle a tackle on the edge of our box directly leading to an opposition goal :calmdown:

He missed that tackle he didn't 'bottle' it.

Parker and Emre are two very good players and Butt seems to be in that category too. Brilliant we have three good players for two positions we need to have too.

All this Emre and Parker bashing really is very funny and complete bollocks imo as they are clearly two cracking players!

If your looking for players to moan at then try Shambles, Car and Luque. Roeder has to take the brunt of it though as the buck stops with him.

Hopefully we have turned a corner now, Glenn has till xmas to prove he has, if not we need to be looking for another manager.

Edited by TOPTOON

I don't know why people are saying that Parker won't play the holding role. He did it brilliantly last season.

The problem has been that neither of them have been prepared to get into the box enough and support the attackers. Emre finally did this in the second half on Sunday.

The problem seems to be that Roeder see's Emre as the holding player and Parker as the one to be further forward (he's said this in the past iirc) which is just plain wrong for me.

Perhaps when Butt comes on Roeder changes the instructions.

Tbh I've been saying for ages people can't just blame Emre for unconvincing performances. It's frankly ridiculous that he should play behind Parker in the midfield, which is just an example of Roeder's blinded favouritism for the latter. Most appearances Emre has had when not alongside Parker, he's done a fine job. Emre at his best is non doubt an asset and a player who can make many more things happen than Parker, who is also a very good player.

I don't know why people are saying that Parker won't play the holding role. He did it brilliantly last season.

The problem has been that neither of them have been prepared to get into the box enough and support the attackers. Emre finally did this in the second half on Sunday.

The problem seems to be that Roeder see's Emre as the holding player and Parker as the one to be further forward (he's said this in the past iirc) which is just plain wrong for me.

Perhaps when Butt comes on Roeder changes the instructions.

Bit of an overstatement tbh.

Has anyone read HTL's comments about it on N-O? I agree with him 100%

HTL is as biased towards Parker as I am regarding Emre tbh. And he always had the opinion of Dyer being best on the right wing, which is something I totally disagree. I agree with him regarding Parker as the holding player, but I would rather like to see someone like Parker, Dyer or N'Zogbia playing next to him. But if Emre was about to demonstrate that he is capable to play more often as in the second half on Sunday, I'd accept him.I can't stand him, though. :calmdown:

Emre's more likely to bottle a tackle on the edge of our box directly leading to an opposition goal ;)

He missed that tackle he didn't 'bottle' it.

He tackled like a tart, I call that bottling it. Of course he could have just been trying to nick the ball, in which case it was just very poor decision making on his part, given the area of the field it happened. Either way he was to blame for the goal.

Emre had a decent game but for me this was due to having more options to pass to from his fellow team mates in Dyer, Martins etc and the fact he was having one of his "good games" where he was actually passing the ball to black and white shirts rather than giving it away to easy, something he can often be guilty of.

For me Emre had a good game, however I feel that had very little to do with Parker being on or off the park..