Englands Michael Owen

thenorthumbrian

I listened to an interview Owen on Radio 5 live.

And he managed to avoid mentioning Newcastle at all. He talked about how England were doing under Mclaren , the fact that calamity James is a good artist (apparently) and how he hopes to have a great career with england and how he hopes to win a few more trophies at club level , without using the word Newcastle.

I have a feeling we are way down on Owens list of priorities apart from when he picks up his wages.

thenorthumbrian in Newcastle wasn't Owen's first choice shocker.

in tomorrows issue, "Man invents Fire" and "Leazes: Shepherds alright by me"

I haven't heard the interview but I imagine it has been edited.

And has already been mentioned, he can only answer the questions put to him.

Personally, I reckon that as long as we can avoid relegation - which seems to be becoming a harder task these days - he will be more than happy to play for us and do everything he can to bring us success. Just my opinion like.

man didnt invent fire tbh. Its just a chemical reaction. He invented the wheel though :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/6203570.stm

Newcastle striker Michael Owen says he is confident he will play this season.

The 26-year-old is recovering from knee surgery after he ruptured a cruciate ligament at the World Cup in June.

"I'm confident I'll play this season," he told BBC Five Live's Sportsweek. "It would be great if I could go into the summer knowing everything's fine.

"The turn of the year will be the important time when I have a scan, but I'm sure I'm going to come back as strong as ever."

Interview: Michael Owen

He added: "As long as the scan shows that everything has knitted together nicely, we can press on and hopefully I can start jogging early February."

Having joined Newcastle in August 2005, Owen played only 10 games for his new club before breaking a bone in his foot.

I'd like to think I'm just past the middle of my career

He returned to play in the Magpies' final game of the season before heading to the World Cup with England.

"The injury has been difficult because my one passion, apart from my family, has been taken away from me," said Owen.

"It's been a long slog and there's still quite a lot of work to be done, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I'm looking forward to playing again.

"I'll be 27 on 14 December so I'd like to think I'm just past the middle of my career and hopefully I have many more happy years on the football pitch in front of me.

"This is a clean slate and I hope I can get that speed back that I had when I was 18."

man didnt invent fire tbh. Its just a chemical reaction. He invented the wheel though :(

I wonder how long it was until man discovered pedantry...

:D

man didnt invent fire tbh. Its just a chemical reaction. He invented the wheel though :D

:(

He didn't really discover pedantry, more became aware of it as a concept. :(

man didnt invent fire tbh. Its just a chemical reaction. He invented the wheel though :D

:lol:

He didn't really discover pedantry, more became aware of it as a concept more became aware of it as a concept. :(

Shirley that's means he discovered it ?! :(

This whole Owen doesn't like us paranoia isn't helped by threads like this, by the way.

If people keep bleating on about it maybe he'll hear it, think we're ungrateful and fuck off somewhere else.

Grateful for what exactly? :(

It comes up with an annoying pop up box (like when you want to put a link in) which is a pain in the arse if you want to highlight text that's already been written.

No it doesn't :(

I assure you, it does when I click it! :D

T-Kieth, he hasn't played much for us, which isn't his fault, but when he has he's done the buisness. I'm grateful for the goals he scored last season. I'm grateful he seems committed to this club, despite what paranoid idiots say.

I haven't heard the interview but I imagine it has been edited.

It was a live interview.

To be fair to Owen, it was on Sportsweek and the host Gary Richardson didn't ask him any Newcastle-related questions, therefore he wasn't really given the opportunity to speak about us. It was all specifically about the injury or he was asked questions about England's performances, McClaren etc.

I don't like Gary Richardson, he doesn't have the right style, he goes too much in for the political-grilling style and it doesn't quite fit for sport.

I listened to an interview Owen on Radio 5 live.

And he managed to avoid mentioning Newcastle at all. He talked about how England were doing under Mclaren , the fact that calamity James is a good artist (apparently) and how he hopes to have a great career with england and how he hopes to win a few more trophies at club level , without using the word Newcastle.

I have a feeling we are way down on Owens list of priorities apart from when he picks up his wages.

What a tit you are :lol: