2006 BBC Sports Personality of the Year award

Happy Face

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha Walliams, didn't think people were actually being serious when he was suggested but the mongo comment above proves otherwise.

I only suggested him as no-one else has achieved much this year.

You really are a twat.

haha

Calzaghe btw

The Scottish Elephant Polo Team have won the World Elephant Polo Championship three years running.

Surely they should get a mention for team of the year? It's no more bizarre than the England cricket team getting it for winning the ashes, a two team competition that they hadn't won for 18 years is it?

The Scottish Elephant Polo Team have won the World Elephant Polo Championship three years running.

Surely they should get a mention for team of the year? It's no more bizarre than the England cricket team getting it for winning the ashes, a two team competition that they hadn't won for 18 years is it?

I believe the Scottish football team actually won some games for the first time in around 18 years as well. Maybe they should be in with a shout? :(

I believe the Scottish football team actually won some games for the first time in around 18 years as well. Maybe they should be in with a shout? :D

Neat piece of deflection there, buggerlugs. :(

Yup, Britain has Andy Priaulx, 2 time World Touring Car Champion for the last 2 years yet the BBC didn't even give him a mention last year and it looks like no fucker will mention him again this year.

With such a surname he's probably an illegal immigrant anyway. Family of Norman invaders who had no business over here.

Send the buggers back. :(

haha Walliams, didn't think people were actually being serious when he was suggested but the mongo comment above proves otherwise.

I only suggested him as no-one else has achieved much this year.

You really are a twat.

I'm unsure as to who deserves it, but Walliams is no way a ridiculous suggestion.

Even if he's not a sportsman swimming the channel is one massive achievement. Sima's probably never gone further south than Leeds, and so thinks it's a little puddle seperating the two countries.

There's my personal mongo comment.

Anyway, if it's about "personality" then surely Monty Panesar. Murray has no personality, and even if it was about ability, then still unsure what he's done other than beating the world number three, in a Wimbledon second-round match, or whatever it was.

The channel is merely a puddle compared to some of the places I've been. So that was probably the most sense you made in your whole post

Now, be gone.

Yup, and of course you've swam right across them.

Walked across them tbh

Monty for me.

No-one has really done anything noticable for me, and I spend an embarrassing amount of time watching SSN, but Monty has made a real connection with the England fans, the Barmy Army love him.

I bet he's stopped at least some people thinking that men of asian descent only wear turbans to hide their bombs up them as well. Legend tbh.

Not influenced by the fact I've got a fiver on him at all!

Zara Phillips for me. Dominating her sport. And if you have never tried to get a horse to jump a nine foot high and six foot across fence then you shouldn't really criticise it's worth as a sport.

I agree that it must be some skill to control a beast like that, and a lot of the anti-Zara Phillips stuff is just the hang up about class - as per usual, yawn.

Monty, Monty, Monty, Monty.

Zara Phillips for me. Dominating her sport. And if you have never tried to get a horse to jump a nine foot high and six foot across fence then you shouldn't really criticise it's worth as a sport.

No one gives a shit about show jumping tbh. If she wasn't who she was she wouldn't even be in the running.

Edited by alex

I don't mind Zara Philips winning, but have you seen the state of that speech? A member of the royal family talking like she's in Friends.

"People asked if I'd written a speech and i was like, no!"

"Like"?

She also seems to be the royal family's very own Tim Krul. More "amazing" than "unbelievable" though.