Suffolk Killer(s)

Happy Face

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sisters old best mate is a heroin addict, proper off her tits everytime I see her offering anything for a bit of cash. They had the same sort of family background etc, she chose hers and thankfully my sister chose the path she went down.

I have a few groups of mates, the ones I have known longest I would guess 80% of them are now coked up every weekend, I go out with them quite a bit and it tends to be maybe 2-3 of us out of maybe 10-15-20 people out who don't do it. Could quite easily just say what the hell and get on it so I don't feel left out or not "one of them" but I chose not to.

Ok some people have shit, hard lives and chose that road but then some people have shit, hard lives and dont!

Sorry but I find it hard to give sympathy to drug addict prostitutes. I know its not entirely the same but I bet if some bloke was selling his arse so he could afford drugs and was murdered few would show sympathy. No-one deserves to die and these girls are the same but it does get me (especially when kids are involved) when they are given excuses for the lives they lead! Oone of the murdered girls was pregnant! :icon_lol::D

I think I'd find it equally sad and I'd be equally sympathetic. Incidentally though, I don't like the way these arguments get polarised (not having a go at people on here necessarily, more authority figures and the press etc.). I think the lasses involved probably got into drugs, prostitution, etc. for a variety of different reasons and I think it's wrong to paint them completely as victims of society as they must shoulder some/a lot of the blame (depending on individual circumstances). At the same time I don't think for a minute they are totally to blame for the lives they ended up living.

And well said Fishster.

This whole thing has shown society and the press view these girls as lower than low. Its the only "profession" I can think of where the news will tell you their job in each line of the report.

"Murdered prostitute Tanya...." etc all go towards ensuring that the viewers see these girls differently. You hear it in the pubs, at work etc when people are talking about the case, sometime during the conversation someone will pop the words "well they were only tarts" or something equally as disrespectful. These are dead girls, girls who have had a hard life, one way or another and somehow ended up in drugs, yes some have chosen that path to get a release from some other problem while others have been drawn into it by the likes of boyfriends etc. Whichever way you look at it, nobody makes an informed choice to say "I want to be a smack filled crack whore" its a steady decline and comes in stages.

The thing that really gets me about the press though is that they wouldnt be reporting the way they do if the girls had chosen the other option to support their habit, "Murdered burglar Tanya" or "Ipswich mugger killings" wouldnt be the headlines yet I know which of these should be shown a little more respect but isnt. These girls hurt nobody but themselves in the choice they make, people dont come home to find their house ransacked by prostitutes or end up in a hospital bed near to death following an encounter.

Replies such as that cock on N-O who stated that the killer was "probably a prostitute hater just as he was" shows that people can be led to hate their fellow man by some old scribblings in as book or word of mouth yet the media does nothing to help this.

This whole thing has shown society and the press view these girls as lower than low. Its the only "profession" I can think of where the news will tell you their job in each line of the report.

"Murdered prostitute Tanya...." etc all go towards ensuring that the viewers see these girls differently. You hear it in the pubs, at work etc when people are talking about the case, sometime during the conversation someone will pop the words "well they were only tarts" or something equally as disrespectful. These are dead girls, girls who have had a hard life, one way or another and somehow ended up in drugs, yes some have chosen that path to get a release from some other problem while others have been drawn into it by the likes of boyfriends etc. Whichever way you look at it, nobody makes an informed choice to say "I want to be a smack filled crack whore" its a steady decline and comes in stages.

The thing that really gets me about the press though is that they wouldnt be reporting the way they do if the girls had chosen the other option to support their habit, "Murdered burglar Tanya" or "Ipswich mugger killings" wouldnt be the headlines yet I know which of these should be shown a little more respect but isnt. These girls hurt nobody but themselves in the choice they make, people dont come home to find their house ransacked by prostitutes or end up in a hospital bed near to death following an encounter.

Replies such as that cock on N-O who stated that the killer was "probably a prostitute hater just as he was" shows that people can be led to hate their fellow man by some old scribblings in as book or word of mouth yet the media does nothing to help this.

Bravo PP.

The whole "murdered prostitutes" "5 dead prostitutes" thing has wound me up like, I have to admit. Although I will say that I didn't even think about it until someone pointed it out, but then the more you hear it on the news and that you do find yourself thinking "ffs just say mudered women, 5 dead women". Bad craic from pretty much the majority of the media. ;)

Spot on PP. That kid Ridzuan on N-O is a half-wit though tbh.

Somebody on N-O a halfwit I refuse to believe it ;)

Actually, calling Ridzuan a half-wit is bigging him up ;)

The whole "murdered prostitutes" "5 dead prostitutes" thing has wound me up like, I have to admit. Although I will say that I didn't even think about it until someone pointed it out, but then the more you hear it on the news and that you do find yourself thinking "ffs just say mudered women, 5 dead women". Bad craic from pretty much the majority of the media. ;)

The people who write tabloids are absolute scum. Piers Morgan is the perfect embodiment of these cunts.

like pud said the press would not put '5 murdered muggers'

i'm no bid fan of what these girls do but at the end of the day they provide a service and i'm damn sure if certain types of blokes did not use the service then who knows what would be happening, dare i say rape and sexual assaults, i was reading a workmates daily mail last week and the headline was something along the lines of 'they are all someones daughter' and that sums it all up for me, the tabloids are scum tbf

The media love a drama basically and always take the sensationalist route when they can. It's pretty much guaranteed, along with their hypocricy. For example, it's ok Das Daily Mail being the caring sharing paper about them now, but I remember them having a campaing against Liverpool council when they were looking to bring in prtective areas for prostitutes to keep them safe. 'Waste of taxpayers money, should be spent on war vets etc...'

The media love a drama basically and always take the sensationalist route when they can. It's pretty much guaranteed, along with their hypocricy. For example, it's ok Das Daily Mail being the caring sharing paper about them now, but I remember them having a campaing against Liverpool council when they were looking to bring in prtective areas for prostitutes to keep them safe. 'Waste of taxpayers money, should be spent on war vets etc...'

Aye. I class the Mail as the worst paper going tbh.

Edited by alex

I agree. I think the Sun/News of the Screws are just as bad as misleading their readers but the Mail's view on things is much, much worse.

Scarily, a lot of people take the Mail quite seriously whereas The Sun/NOTW is seen pretty much as a joke by most I'd say (even half the people who read it).

Good point, bunch of fucking hypocrites. Look no further than the hilarious Pete Doherty article in the Sunday Mail as an example.

Frighteningly, the Daily Mail has the most rapidly expanding readership of all the tabloids, my sources tell me.

Newspapers have short memories, and hope their readership do to it seems. Another good example, The Sun and Rooney. Exclusive rights to his story, and then a big piece about it being a disgrace Rooney gettting hate mail from scousers due to The Suns and Hillsborough connection. A few months later, the Sun then hang Rooney out to dry with the whole Granny shagging thing. They preach the moral high ground yet don't stick to it themselves. ;)

My mam reads the mail like. That coupled with Tommy the Plumber telling her about some asylum seeker raping a lass in Gateshead and getting away with it because "he wasn't used to seeing lasses dress like that" is a deadly combination. ;)

Scarily, a lot of people take the Mail quite seriously whereas The Sun/NOTW is seen pretty much as a joke by most I'd say (even half the people who read it).

Fair point. My mate regularly buys The Sun for a giggle.

Plus, the readership (of tabloids) is about 2-3 times the sales figures. I often read the Sun/the Mirror at the sandwich shop (back pages mostly). Haven't bought either for over 10 years.

Newspapers have short memories, and hope their readership do to it seems. Another good example, The Sun and Rooney. Exclusive rights to his story, and then a big piece about it being a disgrace Rooney gettting hate mail from scousers due to The Suns and Hillsborough connection. A few months later, the Sun then hang Rooney out to dry with the whole Granny shagging thing. They preach the moral high ground yet don't stick to it themselves. ;)

Didn't Gerrard serialise his autobography in the News of the World? Fucking shocking that like. Always good to throw in the face of Mickey Mousers who bang on about not buying The Sun though ;)

By some distance. I never really feel I can say it though, given that the girlfriends mum has been reading it for years, it'd be similar to me saying "Oi, you know your mum, she's got shit opinions".