Bastard cats.

catmag

Okay, one of the little darlings has chewed through the wire from my stereo to it's speakers. If I strip back the outer coating, twist the copper wire together and bind it up with masking tape will it be okay or am in danger of blowing myself or the stereo up? I will of course unplug it first - I'm not actually a blonde :razz:

But are the cats?

Just. Florence decided to "help" but sharp moved when her nose got a little bit too close to the stanley knife..

You want some Florence? Eh? You want some? I'm handy!

You worry me sometimes :razz:

But are the cats?

Just. Florence decided to "help" but sharp moved when her nose got a little bit too close to the stanley knife..

You want some Florence? Eh? You want some? I'm handy!

You worry me sometimes :razz:

Just got me a usb turntable, playing some precious vinyl, when one of mine jumps on the turntable. Bastard.

Okay, one of the little darlings has chewed through the wire from my stereo to it's speakers. If I strip back the outer coating, twist the copper wire together and bind it up with masking tape will it be okay or am in danger of blowing myself or the stereo up? I will of course unplug it first - I'm not actually a blonde B)

:razz:

Cowgirl tbh

The correct method is to bind the two together, apply some solder then cover the join with electrical tape. Now go away and do it properly! :razz:

Okay, one of the little darlings has chewed through the wire from my stereo to it's speakers. If I strip back the outer coating, twist the copper wire together and bind it up with masking tape will it be okay or am in danger of blowing myself or the stereo up? I will of course unplug it first - I'm not actually a blonde B)

Cowgirl tbh

The correct method is to bind the two together, apply some solder then cover the join with electrical tape. Now go away and do it properly! :razz:

WRONG!

The correct thing to do is to dump the wire and buy some new cable. PROPER cable - like mine:

imag0282vk2.th.jpg

Cowgirl tbh

WRONG!

The correct thing to do is to dump the wire and buy some new cable. PROPER cable - like mine:

imag0282vk2.th.jpg

Does it come with the hand attached ?

Cowgirl tbh

WRONG!

imag0282vk2.th.jpg

Does it come with the hand attached ?

No - i need it.

Okay, one of the little darlings has chewed through the wire from my stereo to it's speakers. If I strip back the outer coating, twist the copper wire together and bind it up with masking tape will it be okay or am in danger of blowing myself or the stereo up? I will of course unplug it first - I'm not actually a blonde :D

Cowgirl tbh

WRONG!

imag0282vk2.th.jpg

I was going to suggest that but not everyone's an audio geek, some people are just as happy with a patched up bit of cable compared to some £150 per meter stuff which, unless you're a friggin' bat, doesn't really make any bloody difference to the sound quality. B)

Okay, one of the little darlings has chewed through the wire from my stereo to it's speakers. If I strip back the outer coating, twist the copper wire together and bind it up with masking tape will it be okay or am in danger of blowing myself or the stereo up? I will of course unplug it first - I'm not actually a blonde :D

Cowgirl tbh

WRONG!

imag0282vk2.th.jpg

I was going to suggest that but not everyone's an audio geek, some people are just as happy with a patched up bit of cable compared to some £150 per meter stuff which, unless you're a friggin' bat, doesn't really make any bloody difference to the sound quality. B)

i beg to differ.

Okay, one of the little darlings has chewed through the wire from my stereo to it's speakers. If I strip back the outer coating, twist the copper wire together and bind it up with masking tape will it be okay or am in danger of blowing myself or the stereo up? I will of course unplug it first - I'm not actually a blonde :P

<_<

Cowgirl tbh

WRONG!

imag0282vk2.th.jpg

I was going to suggest that but not everyone's an audio geek, some people are just as happy with a patched up bit of cable compared to some £150 per meter stuff which, unless you're a friggin' bat, doesn't really make any bloody difference to the sound quality. :razz:

i beg to differ.

batfink.gif

"My wings are like a shield of steal and my speaker cables cost more than my car." :razz:

Okay, one of the little darlings has chewed through the wire from my stereo to it's speakers. If I strip back the outer coating, twist the copper wire together and bind it up with masking tape will it be okay or am in danger of blowing myself or the stereo up? I will of course unplug it first - I'm not actually a blonde :P

:P

Cowgirl tbh

WRONG!

imag0282vk2.th.jpg

I was going to suggest that but not everyone's an audio geek, some people are just as happy with a patched up bit of cable compared to some £150 per meter stuff which, unless you're a friggin' bat, doesn't really make any bloody difference to the sound quality. :razz:

i beg to differ.

batfink.gif

"My wings are like a shield of steal and my speaker cables cost more than my car." :razz:

<_<:razz: :razz: :razz:

Actually, the correct way according to the new regs is to get a qualified electrician <_< Load of bollocks, like Im gonna pay £100 for someone to stick a new poxy light fitting up?

Actually, the correct way according to the new regs is to get a qualified electrician :razz: Load of bollocks, like Im gonna pay £100 for someone to stick a new poxy light fitting up?

:razz: What's that got to do with speaker cables?

Bastid cat's chewed through another speaker cable, right best call a sparky to sort me out with a new light fitting.

<_<

I reckon a decent speaker current to the gums of a cat could stop its heart

and it is best to replace the whole thing, you're sound will be dodge from now on

It sounds class actually. Fuck knows how long I've only had one speaker working due to the chew-through.

I reckon a decent speaker current to the gums of a cat could stop its heart

and it is best to replace the whole thing, you're sound will be dodge from now on

It sounds class actually. Fuck knows how long I've only had one speaker working due to the chew-through.

I've always said you have a loose connection <_<

Think yourself lucky, Gemmil's been operating with one ball for years now

Edited by Wacky Jnr